The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis Andries - The ugly duckling appreciated!!

5 posters

Go down

Dennis Andries - The ugly duckling appreciated!! Empty Dennis Andries - The ugly duckling appreciated!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 6:59 pm

First time I ever saw this guy he was humiliated almost as bad as Duran was against Thomas Hearns.....Never seen such a mediocre "champion" who didn't seem to have any skills and my abiding memory was of him pathetically holding on to Hearns feet after yet another knockdown...Couldn't believe this guy was a "Champion"

Never thought I'd see this waster again!!

Roll the clock on a few years.... a Steward and a ton of hard hard work later and this guy won't go away...Never saw him beating Willis...Never saw him winning a return against Harding.....Great win over a still useful Chyz...A respectable champion who did everything the hard way and deserved everything he got!!!

Never see you mentioned on here pal... but you certainly deserve an honorable mention!!

Good lad...three time champion....and a left field success story!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Dennis Andries - The ugly duckling appreciated!! Empty Re: Dennis Andries - The ugly duckling appreciated!!

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Feb 2012, 7:14 pm

Tend to agree Truss, remember the Captain some time ago remarked that Andries and Clinton Woods of the Brits probably stand out as the guys who have managed to get the most out of a relatively limited skill set and it is hard to argue with, both suffered set backs early on but as you have alluded to grafted their behinds off to carve themselves out decent careers

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Dennis Andries - The ugly duckling appreciated!! Empty Re: Dennis Andries - The ugly duckling appreciated!!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 07 Feb 2012, 7:24 pm

He was decent but who cares.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 07 Feb 2012, 7:31 pm

Especially true in Andres case- Clinton was considerably more talented and had better basic athleticism- Andres had possibly the worst balance I have ever seen on a fighter- he practically fell over every time he threw his overhand right (a technique that Eubank was also able to master a few years later). But he was a very likeable guy- I remember that the day after he won the title he travelled to a press conference by tube with his belt in a paperbag- can't imagine Mayweather doing that somehow.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 7:38 pm

Maybe If he had a spinning back fist..

Didn't know that horizontal....But hey who is going to be stupid enough to take it off him!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

Just a shame he did not get to Steward earlier because he became a very solid operator at world level after the Hearns battering. Very underrated British world champion who might have lasted a little longer at the top had it not been for the 3 wars with Harding which effectively emptied his tank .

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down