The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

edinburgh - dont make sense

+2
RDW
poddy89
6 posters

Go down

edinburgh - dont make sense  Empty edinburgh - dont make sense

Post by poddy89 Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:05 am

need to get rid of phil godman, he is a pathetic joke

yet again godman causes edinburgh another loss, he misses 3 very straight forward kicks, which alone cost them the game

and his defensive effort for the ospreys last try was pathetic - he just jumped in the air, why not try stepping into him and if the charge down was the option - actually give it a go

i have never rated him at all and dont think he deserves a position in professional rugby!!

and when there is a goal kicker as good as chris paterson on the pitch why isnt he kicking while laidlaw is a way? i suppose that would be to wise

and why didnt they kick that last penalty which would have won the game, they took the scrum and ended up giving away a free kick.

im just not impressed with decisions in that game at allo.

and i think a new scottish elligable fly half should be brought into edinburgh in his place! cant be any worse

poddy89

Back to top Go down

edinburgh - dont make sense  Empty Re: edinburgh - dont make sense

Post by RDW Sat 11 Feb 2012, 12:33 pm

Moved this to the club section

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 11 Feb 2012, 12:34 pm

Have to agree with you - Godman was good for Edinburgh before he got injured but his performances since he's come back have been pretty poor.

That kick was inexcusable - and would have won us the game.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Sat 11 Feb 2012, 1:07 pm

The gulf between their league and HC performances is unbelievable, those few missing first choice players make such a difference.

I believe Paterson has some sort of dodgy hip or something which is preventing him from kicking unless absolutely necessary.

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 11 Feb 2012, 3:24 pm

Godman was poor, but the worst efforts for the match winning try were Paterson (terrible attempt at a tackle) and Visser, who should have brought him down. Godman would have had to concede a penalty to stop him, those two, in particular Paterson, should have simply brought him down.

Once Laidlaw and Leonard return I'd like to see Godman phased out. He's one of these "experienced" players for whom experience counts for little. He doesn't play like an experienced player, missing basic kicks and making odd decisions. His game management isn't good enough, and without Blair or Laidlaw at 9, he and Leck struggled to stamp authority on the game.

Godman, like Parks, needs to be moved on. Similarly CP. He's a legend of the game CP, but Jim Thompson or Tom Brown now offer more at 15 in my opinion, especially now that CP isn't taking the kicks.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by poddy89 Sat 11 Feb 2012, 3:35 pm

the tackles were poor and very much half hearted, with the players coming through now these older players need to stand down,

with only two pro clubs, scotland needs to give these young players there chance, and that creates situations like this weekend where scotland have three new caps with a good career still ahead of them,

poddy89

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Sat 11 Feb 2012, 7:56 pm

I was impressed by Dougie Fife making his debut at 13, he looked good but how many opportunities to play will he get? Tom brown also looked pretty solid.
This was a game for Edinburgh's taking but I'm afraid Godman was awful on the night, his place kicking was desperate but Jackson's kicking for Glasgow wasn't much better on Thursday.
Also thought that Visser's defence will have to improve dramatically when he plays for Scotland.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by poddy89 Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:31 pm

i think we just have to hope neither godman or jackson ever get near the scotland shirt again, i think laidlaw for edinburgh, wier for glasgow and look to develop new players, keep it youthful,

yeah always been my worry with him, so will have to wait and see how that turns out

poddy89

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:30 pm

To you Edinburgh boys I said on the Ospreys site about 4 or 5 years ago that we should have got rid of Lynne Jones and Sean Holley and replaced them with Michael Bradley as I could see some of the back moves he was generating at Connaught, much more innovative than anything seen at our region, I believe you have a good coach there. I've never heard of your scrum half before but I thought he was very good, but thanks to your outside half it nullified your threat.
Anyway good luck for the rest of this season.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down