The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patrice Evra

+36
dublfcynwa
ONETWOFOREVER
sirfredperry
marty2086
beshocked
TRUSSMAN66
nissan
Buzzman
johnson2
Duty281
Nay
Sand
kwinigolfer
Hoggy_Bear
Geordie
The_Enigma
Kay Fabe
Josiah Maiestas
legendkillar
guildfordbat
EnglishReign
profitius
A-Darts
hampo17
Imperial Ghosty
Ent
mckay1402
John Cregan
Atila
braveheart101
Enforcer
Crimey
Engel Harlequin
lorus59
monty junior
Good Golly I'm Olly
40 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Patrice Evra Empty Patrice Evra

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm a Norwich fan so I'm completely unbiased in this whole Suarez/Evra case but I think Evra really doesn't help himself sometimes. I think he is an idiot to be honest. (So is Suarez as well)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Patrice Evra Empty Re: Patrice Evra

Post by monty junior Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Both muppets imo. Suarez is a very talented player but doesn't seem particularily educated. Evra is an overrated player who has a bit of a mouth on him, having said that the racism is totally out of order, wish they'd shook hand's and be done with it.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:59 pm

If only footballers would grow up. They are getting a fortune to do something they love yet act like 4 year old spoilt brats.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Harlequin Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Why is Evra an idiot?

Lets get something straight here people Suarez was found guilty of racism towards Evra. Evra at the start of the match tried to shake Suarez' hand. Suarez refused therefore showing no remorse for a very serious action, even during the case he was making a mockery of it, either that or he is downright ignorant.

By showing no remorse, why can't Evra rub the victory in the racists face?

Daglish also showing ignorance to the situation is disrespectful of the history of such a former great club.

Evra wasn't at his most mature, but an idiot? Not really. As for Suarez, I wouldn't play him until he has learnt to be a better person.

Engel Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:25 pm

I can understand why Luis Suarez didn't shake the hand of Evra though, in Suarez' opinion, Patrice Evra has slurred against him and has had him labelled a racist, a claim Suarez has denied from the beginning. I can understand why people are annoyed as they think Suarez should have just ended it there, but I can understand the reasoning, and it isn't Suarez just being childish.

It's pretty clear that Luis Suarez and Liverpool still feel hard done by from the Evra incident, and think it was an injustice. I'm not trying to bring up the stuff that has been frankly boring to debate about, but the facts are that both the club and player still feel that it was a false allegation and so obviously don't respect Evra for that.

The celebrations afterwards were childish as well, yes, Evra felt it was a bit achievement, but there was one reason, and one reason only for that celebration, and it was to try and irritate Suarez. Evra had the choice to act the bigger man, but decided to just act a child.

They're both as bad as each other in terms of immaturity.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Neither have come out of it with any credit, but Suarez by shaking Evra's hand could have avoided the whole situation and probably put the whole issue to bed.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Engel Harlequin wrote:Why is Evra an idiot?

Lets get something straight here people Suarez was found guilty of racism towards Evra. Evra at the start of the match tried to shake Suarez' hand. Suarez refused therefore showing no remorse for a very serious action, even during the case he was making a mockery of it, either that or he is downright ignorant.

By showing no remorse, why can't Evra rub the victory in the racists face?

Daglish also showing ignorance to the situation is disrespectful of the history of such a former great club.

Evra wasn't at his most mature, but an idiot? Not really. As for Suarez, I wouldn't play him until he has learnt to be a better person.
The FA said in their report Suarez is not a racist.

They were both as bad as each other. Yes Suarez should have shook Evra's hand but he didn't. Personally I think whatever Suarez, Dalglish or anyone else at Liverpool thinks Suarez should have been made to shake hands then maybe the whole incident could finally be put behind him.

It still doesn't excuse Evra's reaction at the end of the match though. Fair enough he could celebrate the win but there was no need to go anywhere near Suarez to do it, he was obviously trying to provoke a reaction.

Ferguson should have kept some of his opinions to himself. Saying Suarez is a discrace for refusing to shake Evra's hand. Is Ferdinand also a discrace for refusing to shake Suarez's hand?

As for saying Liverpool should get rid of Suarez that was totally out of order. What has it got to do with him anyway, he should concentrate on his own team .

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Ferdinand is not a disgrace for not shaking Suarez's hand, it's the rest of United's players who shook Suarez's hand that are a disgrace. From the moment Suarez decided not to shake Evra's hand then the United players should have given Suarez his own treatment.

Evra shouldn't have celebrated like he did though, but I can imagine he too was under a lot of pressure.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Who gives a sh!t

Am sick of hearing about this whole Suarez and evra thing. As a Football fan I would much rather talk about the goals an performances in the match rather than concentrate on these two attention seeking, overpaid morons. Today football has suffered because of the actions of these two and if they can't be grown up about a game of football then the FA should ban both players from playing in united Liverpool games for the forseeable future until they both realise their petulant actions

Back to top Go down

Post by Engel Harlequin Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

They should get rid of Suarez.

Look, Suarez came to England and used a word that he ignorantly believed was okay to say to a black man. A player that doesn't care about a country he plays ins culture is not one that wishes to stay there. Rio refused a handshake in defence of his friend Evra, a noble act in my opinion (by refusing he may take some flack from fans, but if he shakes his hand he is ignoring what he has just seen).

When John Barnes had Banana's thrown at him it was no laughing matter, but yet daglish defends Suarez and acts ignorant to the situation.

Liverpool was once a great club, but with Racist Suarez, golf club swinging Bellamy, and DJ beating Gerrard is slowly matching the Yob culture of a majority of Englands youth today.

As for Evra's celebrations? childish? possibly, did he run over to Suarez on purpose or was he taken over by the joy of beating Liverpool in a tight title run in that might just see City surpassing United in the league? only he knows.

Engel Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Engel,

The point here is no one can be 100% sure who was telling the truth or who was lying about the original incident. ONE of these players is a LIAR. Just because the FA came down on the side of Evra doesn't mean they came to the correct decision.

I believe Evra and Suarez to always have been of very poor character.............ONLY THEM know who is wrong here......

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Suarez is a moron. That was pathetic and totally unnecessary
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Crimey wrote:I can understand why Luis Suarez didn't shake the hand of Evra though, in Suarez' opinion, Patrice Evra has slurred against him and has had him labelled a racist, a claim Suarez has denied from the beginning. I can understand why people are annoyed as they think Suarez should have just ended it there, but I can understand the reasoning, and it isn't Suarez just being childish.

It's pretty clear that Luis Suarez and Liverpool still feel hard done by from the Evra incident, and think it was an injustice. I'm not trying to bring up the stuff that has been frankly boring to debate about, but the facts are that both the club and player still feel that it was a false allegation and so obviously don't respect Evra for that.

The celebrations afterwards were childish as well, yes, Evra felt it was a bit achievement, but there was one reason, and one reason only for that celebration, and it was to try and irritate Suarez. Evra had the choice to act the bigger man, but decided to just act a child.

They're both as bad as each other in terms of immaturity.

I am sorry but luis Suarez racially abused Patrice evra (wether intentionally or not doesn't matter) and was found to be guilty and an unreliable witness by an independent panel of qcs.

In this time evra (as the victim) has been vilified, called a liar, incorrectly slandered, booed mercilessly and been derided for being at fault for a goal. Today luis Suarez completely contradicted his manager and completely dismissed Patrice evra when he had the opportunity to put the issue to bed.

Luis Suarez started this and when offered the opportunity to be a man and finish it decided to escalate things- all today's scuffles and ill feeling between players are directly his fault.

Evra has put up with a hell of a lot and had his character dragged through the mud repeatedly and celebrating in front of his own fans is no crime - even if he did do it to wind Suarez up.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Sorry but it's a disgrace to say they are as bad as eachother, Suarez has been found guilty (not accused but independently found) of racially abusing Patrice Evra by ignoring the handshake he makes an added issue when he could have ended it. Liverpools stance on the matter has been very distasteful as well, if they were so confident in Suarez they would have appealed the decision but there reluctance tells the whole story.

Evra can celebrate winning all he wants, he's not the guilty party here, Ferdinand and Welbeck did exactly the right thing in refusing to shake Suarez hand, Fergie is spot on, we need him out of english football as soon as possible.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:33 pm

No one noticed that neither of them actually offered their hand to the other? Boring debate, leave it and talk about football. Evra had his hand out to every Liverpool player bar Suarez, both stupid IMO.

Come on IG, Evra should have used common sense when celebrating and not gone anywhere near Suarez. He knew it would have fueled what was already a volatile situation. As for getting him out of English football ASAP, do we need John Terry out of English football as well?

Last edited by hampo171 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Apart from Evra offering his hand to Suarez, aside from that no on noticed.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Darts Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Football looses its prestige when all this nonsence is going on, sickons a casual fan like myself. Don't find any of this tosh in darts.... Very Happy
A-Darts
A-Darts

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:35 pm

hampo171 wrote:No one noticed that neither of them actually offered their hand to the other? Boring debate, leave it and talk about football. Evra had his hand out to every Liverpool player bar Suarez, both stupid IMO.

Come on IG, Evra should have used common sense when celebrating and not gone anywhere near Suarez. He knew it would have fueled what was already a volatile situation. As for getting him out of English football ASAP, do we need John Terry out of English football as well?

Evra looked directly at him and offered his hand, Suarez completely ignored and dismissed him - even when evra tried to force him into it.

Again Suarez started all this and then escalated it, not evra.

If the (former) England captain is found guilty in court of racial abuse, refuses to apologise, calls Anton a liar then dismisses him publicly then yes he should be out of the game.

Suarez antics are at an absurd and unheard of level - imagine the abuse he would get if he played for united.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:45 pm

hampo171 wrote:No one noticed that neither of them actually offered their hand to the other? Boring debate, leave it and talk about football. Evra had his hand out to every Liverpool player bar Suarez, both stupid IMO.

Evra held his hand out to Suarez, not sure how there can be any other interpretation of what actually happened?

If Terry is found guilty, accepts his punishment and apologises for any offence caused then no there would be no need, while very similar the incidents are also very different. Terry for all his flaws has got on with things and hasn't tried to publicly rubbish Ferdinand which is a major difference.

Suarez is the one who instigated this mess, not once, not twice but now three times, Evra gets racially abused and somehow becomes the villain, a poor indictment of british society i'm afraid.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Sorry but it's a disgrace to say they are as bad as eachother, Suarez has been found guilty (not accused but independently found) of racially abusing Patrice Evra by ignoring the handshake he makes an added issue when he could have ended it. Liverpools stance on the matter has been very distasteful as well, if they were so confident in Suarez they would have appealed the decision but there reluctance tells the whole story.

Evra can celebrate winning all he wants, he's not the guilty party here, Ferdinand and Welbeck did exactly the right thing in refusing to shake Suarez hand, Fergie is spot on, we need him out of english football as soon as possible.
I think you should check your facts first about Liverpool's decision not to appeal. Yes Suarez was found guilty but any appeal would have used exactly the same evidence therefore upholding the guilty verdict and subsequent ban and fine. If Liverpool had appealed then the ban could only be increased not reduced or quashed so there was no point at all in doing so.

Liverpool should have insisted and ensured Suarez shook Evra's hand and finally put this whole mess behind them. If as has been reported Kenny instructed Suarez to do just that it will be interesting to see what action, if any, he takes. This whole mess could have been prevented if something had been done a long time ago at a press conference as Liverpool wanted but Ferguson didn't deem it to be necessary.

As for Ferguson being right with what he said I totally disagree. What business is it of his who Liverpool FC employ? What would his reaction have been if another PL manager had said the same thing about one of his players who had done something wrong such as Cantona, Ferdinand or Giggs. I don't hear him voicing his opinions about John Terry.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Its a shame really.

Closure could have been effective today just by a little handshake. But instead they give the press exactly what they want in adding to and lengthening the story.
Suarez doesn't shake hands, Evra celebrates at the end of the match in front of Suarez.

Man up the pair of you!

What has happened has happened. Move on and let your football do the talking, not this silly game of trying to get one over on the other!

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:54 pm

braveheart101 wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Sorry but it's a disgrace to say they are as bad as eachother, Suarez has been found guilty (not accused but independently found) of racially abusing Patrice Evra by ignoring the handshake he makes an added issue when he could have ended it. Liverpools stance on the matter has been very distasteful as well, if they were so confident in Suarez they would have appealed the decision but there reluctance tells the whole story.

I think you should check your facts first about Liverpool's decision not to appeal. Yes Suarez was found guilty but any appeal would have used exactly the same evidence therefore upholding the guilty verdict and subsequent ban and fine. If Liverpool had appealed then the ban could only be increased not reduced or quashed so there was no point at all in doing so.

Liverpool should have insisted and ensured Suarez shook Evra's hand and finally put this whole mess behind them. If as has been reported Kenny instructed Suarez to do just that it will be interesting to see what action, if any, he takes. This whole mess could have been prevented if something had been done a long time ago at a press conference as Liverpool wanted but Ferguson didn't deem it to be necessary.

As for Ferguson being right with what he said I totally disagree. What business is it of his who Liverpool FC employ? What would his reaction have been if another PL manager had said the same thing about one of his players who had done something wrong such as Cantona, Ferdinand or Giggs. I don't hear him voicing his opinions about John Terry.

Can I just ask which of Fergies players have ever been found guilty of racially abusing an opposition player, lets not sweep it under the carpet, it's a serious offence that brings a bad name to the player, the club and the league, we don't need it in our game.

It is in fact the business of anyone involved in football when racial abuse is concerned, we are a forward thinking multi-cultural country that should be years past this kind of rubbish.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Y I Man wrote:Its a shame really.

Closure could have been effective today just by a little handshake. But instead they give the press exactly what they want in adding to and lengthening the story.
Suarez doesn't shake hands, Evra celebrates at the end of the match in front of Suarez.

Man up the pair of you!

What has happened has happened. Move on and let your football do the talking, not this silly game of trying to get one over on the other!

Gav, lets not suggest Evra is as bad as Suarez in all of this.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Y I Man wrote:Its a shame really.

Man up the pair of you!

Well put YI Man. Unfortunately the media were always going to focus on the two of them today more than the match itself and unless both had behaved impeccably then the football would always have been irrelevant.

If Suarez feels so hard done by he should just ask for a transfer and leave otherwise just accept what's happened and move on.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Im not suggesting that Ghosty.
Im just saying that all the media was focused on was those two today, and if they shared a brain cell between them they could have put this whole thing to bed. But they didn't, and the story from today is the antics between them, rather than the match that was played.

As I said, its a shame, as the whole scenario could have moved on and slowly been forgotten about.

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
Can I just ask which of Fergies players have ever been found guilty of racially abusing an opposition player, lets not sweep it under the carpet, it's a serious offence that brings a bad name to the player, the club and the league, we don't need it in our game.

It is in fact the business of anyone involved in football when racial abuse is concerned, we are a forward thinking multi-cultural country that should be years past this kind of rubbish.
None but one was found guilty of assualting a supporter and another of (deliberately) avoiding a drug test. Does either of those offences show those players and their club in a good light.

It is not up to Ferguson, Man Utd, The FA or anyone else to say who Liverpool FC can and cannot employ. If that was the case the FA would never have allowed him to play for Liverpool again.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:19 pm

It is up to the FA who Liverpool employ and personally don't want him playing in this country.

Comparing missing a drugs test and racial abuse is pushing beyonds the realms of reality a bit.

Gav, wont lie I don't see what Evra did wrong although think he was fortunate to have smashed into Ferdinand and not Suarez but he's not the guilty party in anyway here.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:23 pm

It looks like Evra happened to pass Suarez, but I would be surprised if hadn't realised what he was doing.

One thing I will say is that Phil Dowd seemed to react brilliantly to the flashpoints between the two and stopped things escalating to a worse level.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm a Liverpool supporter but I'm sorry Suarez is an idiot and the sooner he is out of the club the better. He could probably walk onto the field wielding a sawn-off shotgun and Dalglish would still jump to his defence.

I'm not a massive Patrice Evra fan but fair play to him for putting his hand out when I'm sure there are plenty of other players that wouldn't have.

This could have an even deeper effect on Liverpool football club in that black transfer targets may turn down joining the club due to Suarez being there.

Saying that Dalglish did win a Premier League title with an all white side at Blackburn so maybe that's his blueprint.

..I do joke of course...

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:01 am

Evra has the mentality of a 2 year old. First he complains that Suarez called him names and then reacts like a brat when Suarez didn't shake his hands after what he did to Suarez! You couldn't make this stuff up.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:07 am

After Evra did what to Suarez?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:23 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:It is up to the FA who Liverpool employ and personally don't want him playing in this country.

Comparing missing a drugs test and racial abuse is pushing beyonds the realms of reality a bit.

Gav, wont lie I don't see what Evra did wrong although think he was fortunate to have smashed into Ferdinand and not Suarez but he's not the guilty party in anyway here.
If it was up to the FA then why is Suarez still playing for Liverpool?

I'm not comparing racism with missing a drugs test my point is Ferguson should have kept his comments to himself. If any manager had said 'Cantona is a discrace (after assaulting a fan) and Man Utd should get rid' he would have been furious and told them to keep out of it.

As wrong as Suarez was for not shaking hands Evra didn't have too make such a big deal out of it by grabbing his arm then complaining to the referee.

Strange how the FA said Chelsea and QPR players didn't have to shake hands when Terry is accused of racially abusing Ferdinand but they couldn't or wouldn't do the same for todays match.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Because while it is up to the FA, they obviously decided that he could carry on playing for Liverpool.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:51 am

braveheart101 wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:It is up to the FA who Liverpool employ and personally don't want him playing in this country.

If it was up to the FA then why is Suarez still playing for Liverpool?

I'm not comparing racism with missing a drugs test my point is Ferguson should have kept his comments to himself. If any manager had said 'Cantona is a discrace (after assaulting a fan) and Man Utd should get rid' he would have been furious and told them to keep out of it.

As wrong as Suarez was for not shaking hands Evra didn't have too make such a big deal out of it by grabbing his arm then complaining to the referee.

Strange how the FA said Chelsea and QPR players didn't have to shake hands when Terry is accused of racially abusing Ferdinand but they couldn't or wouldn't do the same for todays match.

Stop looking for conspiracies the terry case was an active criminal investigation at the time and there had been strong suggestions a whole host of qpr players would not shake his hand - whilst today we were assured would go ahead without any problems.

Your attitude towards evra is appalling, he shouldn't have made a big deal about somebody who racially abused him and was punished then completely dismisses him at the time of public reconciliation?

The fa wanted cantona gone as did many, however the difference here is that Eric assaulted a man who racially abused him.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:06 am

Cantona said it was racial but it wasn't proved. The fan was convicted of using threatening and abusive language/behaviour.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:38 am

hampo171 wrote:Cantona said it was racial but it wasn't proved. The fan was convicted of using threatening and abusive language/behaviour.

He also jumped the dock and went for the qc during his trial, also this was 15 years ago - id have to check but racially aggravated assault in terms of language may have only become a charge in one of the 2000's updates to the criminal justice system.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 am

Yes I have just checked and the charge of racially aggregated assault could not be made before a 1998 piece of legislation.

The law is a very, very grey area to discuss on message boards for example Cuddle in a bad way has a 1% conviction rate but you would not tell the 99 other girls they weren't cuddled in a bad way.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 am

You can unfortunately tell a lot about a person by their reaction to this saga, in all of this Evra has done absolutely nothing wrong, it is Suarez who should be castigated but the reality seems to be the opposite.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:58 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:You can unfortunately tell a lot about a person by their reaction to this saga, in all of this Evra has done absolutely nothing wrong, it is Suarez who should be castigated but the reality seems to be the opposite.

It is a sad state of affairs but I must say football has gotten so tribal some people will blindly follow and defend 'their' club no matter what they do.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:21 am

in all of this Evra has done absolutely nothing wrong

I'm sorry but that is simply not true is it? The celebration at the end wasn't acceptable, whether he was reacting or not, that was definitely doing something wrong.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:30 am

Why is it wrong to celebrate in front of your own fans because someone has racially abused you?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:33 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Why is it wrong to celebrate in front of your own fans because someone has racially abused you?

He was trying to incite a reaction from Luis Suarez. Anybody who denies that as his intention is playing ignorant.

If you think that's fine, then you should really say that it isn't wrong for Suarez to not shake the hand of Evra who he feels has falsely accused him of racial abuse. No matter what the trial has said, Suarez has always claimed he did not racially abuse Evra.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:39 am

Crimey wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Why is it wrong to celebrate in front of your own fans because someone has racially abused you?

He was trying to incite a reaction from Luis Suarez. Anybody who denies that as his intention is playing ignorant.

If you think that's fine, then you should really say that it isn't wrong for Suarez to not shake the hand of Evra who he feels has falsely accused him of racial abuse. No matter what the trial has said, Suarez has always claimed he did not racially abuse Evra.

Even as a United fan I can't defend Evra celebrating like he did. It would be different if he celebrated like that every week or even just against our biggest rivals but he doesn't. Even Fergie said he shouldn't have done it

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:03 am

Crimey wrote:

Completly different incomparable situations, it was at Old Trafford so Evra has every right to celebrate in front of his fans, that's not me playing ignorant but some seem to want to find things to criticise Evra for. Suarez was found guilty that's all that matters, a murderer denying the crime doesn't miraculously not make him guilty.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:10 am

Evra got Suarez banned for 8 games for something which none of us know the full details.

The fact that Suarez admitted using a word shows that he didn't think it racist, whereas Evra's ridiculous statement says he used it 20 times or something. Would you really offer a handshake to someone that racially abused you?

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:13 am

EnglishReign wrote:Evra got Suarez banned for 8 games for something which none of us know the full details.

The fact that Suarez admitted using a word shows that he didn't think it racist, whereas Evra's ridiculous statement says he used it 20 times or something. Would you really offer a handshake to someone that racially abused you?

Suarez got himself banned not Evra.

If I was the bigger man then yes, whether he thinks it's racist or not is irrelevant, he should understand the culture of the country he lives and works in, ignorance is no excuse.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:17 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
EnglishReign wrote:Evra got Suarez banned for 8 games for something which none of us know the full details.

If I was the bigger man then yes, whether he thinks it's racist or not is irrelevant, he should understand the culture of the country he lives and works in, ignorance is no excuse.

The bigger man would've done that in the initial game at Anfield, instead Evra pushed Suarez away and went running to the FA.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:24 am

You must be joking?

Are you seriously trying to condone racial abuse?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:39 am

EnglishReign wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:

The bigger man would've done that in the initial game at Anfield, instead Evra pushed Suarez away and went running to the FA.

Alright mr blatter?

A player takes a stand against racism and gets vilified continually - what a truly depressing outline of the state of our society.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:46 am

I'm something of an old timer so can I please start by asking more knowledgeable posters on the modern game a question.

Q. The reason players are shown the yellow card for taking their shirt off in celebration is because it might incite the crowd. Is that correct?

Leaving Suarez aside (just for this post), if the answer to my question above is 'yes', then surely Evra should be reported to the FA for incitement. For me, his post match behaviour went well beyond acceptable celebration and could have had very serious consequences amongst the crowd. A similar comment applies to one of the full back twins (sorry - always get them confused!) who copied Evra in similar fashion.

As an additional comment, I do find the insistence on pre-match handshakes very artificial and, as seen yesterday and before, more likely to cause trouble than harmony. To be meaningful, respect has to be earned and displayed in a natural way. Handshakes and pats on the back are normally best left for after the game, to be given to those who are genuinely considered suitably deserving.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next