The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Clark Sacked by Huddersfield

+2
sodhat
Fernando
6 posters

Go down

Lee Clark Sacked by Huddersfield Empty Lee Clark Sacked by Huddersfield

Post by Fernando Wed 15 Feb 2012, 4:24 pm

Have to say this is one of the oddest decisions ive seen in football in a long long time, Currently their 4th and 4 points from an automatic promotion place.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Lee Clark Sacked by Huddersfield Empty Re: Lee Clark Sacked by Huddersfield

Post by sodhat Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:02 pm

Has to be more to it surely?

Some comments from the chairman along the lines of 'we wanted to act now to ensure promotion remains achievable' etc. What nonsense!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:16 pm

could be to do with him wanting to keep rhodes and the chairman wanting to cash in. mind that wouldn't explain sacking his backroom staff

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:28 am

The chairmen has a lot of explaining to do. I read this morning they've only lost 3 of their last 55 league games. I know they went 43 games unbeaten, but 3 defeats in their last 12 isn't bad either. Hardly a club at crisis point!

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:30 am

I went to a football forum yesterday to see what Huddersfield fans were saying and oddly, they seemed to be fairly non-plussed to the point of almost backing it.

Only seems other clubs fans were telling them that it was insane!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 17 Feb 2012, 2:51 pm

Very strange indeed. The only thing I can think of to why he was sacked is perhaps they didn't feel they could go up automacticly with him in charge and didn't want to risk being in the play-offs. I doubt Rhodes has anything to do with it, they don't need to cash in, well not yet. Huddesfield have been backed by money for the last 3 seasons now.

But surely to arugue against my own point here, instead of spending money to sack Lee Clark and his back room staff, surley the money would have been better spent bringing in players in Januray, and the current loan system to enure they put pressure on the top2. Now 4 points is nothing really and within a few weeks the positions would have changed again.

Well good luck to Lee wherever he ends up at next. I can see him getting a chance in the championship. His recored as manager at Huddesfield speak for itself and hopefully means he gets the chance to work with a club higher up the leagues. It would be interesting to see how he gets on if he ends up with a club who don't have money to spend. You'll see if he really is a top manager.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:54 pm

It's a chairman v manager thing, it seems. Only one winner in those situations and it aint the manager.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down