The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treviso V Munster

+5
Rory_Gallagher
ME-109
Golden
Artful_Dodger
Jenifer McLadyboy
9 posters

Go down

Treviso V Munster Empty Treviso V Munster

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 18 Feb 2012, 5:34 pm

How come no one put up a thread?

I'm watching it delayed here. 55 mins gone. Munster 3 tries in 25 mins. Then 2 men in the bin at the same time. (Zebo and Micko) 30 14 to Munster. I'm sure they have the BP by now in real time. Don't tell me. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Treviso V Munster Empty Re: Treviso V Munster

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 18 Feb 2012, 6:01 pm

Jaysis they cut it fine. 78 mins for bp. Treviso 14 Munster 35.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 18 Feb 2012, 6:13 pm

Zebo cant stop scoring trys.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 18 Feb 2012, 6:30 pm

Was good to see Jones get back on the pitch.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:39 pm

Handy win.
Anyone know why keatley wasn't playing, although Deasy looked very good when he came on.
At the end of the game eleven players at least from Cork Con had played and two from Dolphin. We should drop the limerick crowd they are holding us back...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:40 pm

How was Jones? Also anyone got highlights to the game?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:57 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:How was Jones? Also anyone got highlights to the game?

Think he got 10-15 minutes. looked very hungry and tried to get involved in everything. he gave zebo the pass for his 2nd try but it was just him joining the line rather than anything amazing. All the same id expect him to be starting in the HC against ulster. how many league games before that?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:51 pm

Really great to see Jones back and he was very lively. Fingers crossed he gets a run of good luck and can stay injury free.

POM and Coughlan superb again and 2 more tries for Zebo. Not sure why Keatley wasnt there but Deasy showed good hands in a couple of backs moves.

Interestingly I thought Barnes had his best game in a long time and is still our top try scorer in the P12.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:56 pm

DOD wrote:Handy win.
Anyone know why keatley wasn't playing, although Deasy looked very good when he came on.
At the end of the game eleven players at least from Cork Con had played and two from Dolphin. We should drop the limerick crowd they are holding us back...

Injured in the Shannon v Young Munster match I think (ankle). Felix was playing for Shnnon and Keatley and Johne playing for the cookies. Good slagging going on twitter between the various player factions. Jerry Flannery is some hoot on twitter.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:00 pm

BlueMuff wrote:Really great to see Jones back and he was very lively. Fingers crossed he gets a run of good luck and can stay injury free.

POM and Coughlan superb again and 2 more tries for Zebo. Not sure why Keatley wasnt there but Deasy showed good hands in a couple of backs moves.

Interestingly I thought Barnes had his best game in a long time and is still our top try scorer in the P12.

Report in the Irish Times:

The contribution of Munster’s untamed openside was perhaps best judged by the reaction afforded to him by the home support. The whistles and jeers spoke volumes of his outstanding work at the breakdown, where he represented a constant thorn for the home side.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:13 pm

Have to ask again - anyone got a link to the highlights of this game?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:33 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Have to ask again - anyone got a link to the highlights of this game?

It should be on RTE players if you can get that.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:49 pm

Thanks a bunch man!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:24 pm

Sin é wrote:
BlueMuff wrote:Really great to see Jones back and he was very lively. Fingers crossed he gets a run of good luck and can stay injury free.

The contribution of Munster’s untamed openside was perhaps best judged by the reaction afforded to him by the home support. The whistles and jeers spoke volumes of his outstanding work at the breakdown, where he represented a constant thorn for the home side.

Yeah POM was superb again. Barnes looked good and if TOL and Mafi leave we will miss them badly...Downey for Mafi Doh

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:49 pm

Watching the match now, gonna give my opinions after. I shall watch POM particularly at the breakdown.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:52 pm

Dont bother....Rory....we all know already.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:55 pm

I'm not doing it for your benefit like. I am allowed to give my own opinion of the game and POM. Now stop being a knob OK

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:27 am

DOD wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Yeah POM was superb again. Barnes looked good and if TOL and Mafi leave we will miss them badly...Downey for Mafi Doh

Mafi is not good enough for Munster. He looks good with his movement but is ineffective.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:15 am

So I just watched the game, and honestly, this statement:

"The contribution of Munster’s untamed openside was perhaps best judged by the reaction afforded to him by the home support. The whistles and jeers spoke volumes of his outstanding work at the breakdown, where he represented a constant thorn for the home side."

Makes ZERO sense. DOD, you can whinge all you want, but we both know when you have an opinion on something it won't change no matter what. Coughlan, O'Callaghan and Ryan (who I think people must mix up with POM) did the majority of the hard donkey work for Munster. POM gave away a number of penalties, made no turnovers and didn't put in a lot of work. On the plus side, he was Munster's best lineout operator (hardly the job of a 7), he made some big tackles and some great carries, ignoring his first touch of the ball which was probably due to rustiness. The comments on his work at the breakdown is honestly baffling to me.

The commentator also noted that O'Mahonys' best position is probably at 8, but he is young enough to make the transition to 7. Well Henry has done it at the age of 27 in a season, and SOB is only 2 years older than POM and has also made the transition effectively. So I don't really understand that statement either. It seems that people are so desperate for a McCaw-esque 7 they will brand any young player to be the next big openside. For anyone who disagrees with me, I ask you simply to watch the game and pin-point POM.

A few other points. ROG was fantastic with the boot, great game. Jones looked rusty but I can't wait to see more from him. Ryan must start for Ireland. Also I feel Barnes looks a good bit behind the other Irish options at 13.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 21 Feb 2012, 12:58 pm

I thought POM was good, not great but good. It was a scrapy sort of game. It was about his second start at 7 and he hasn't played in 5 weeks. If you want to judge him watch him against Northampton.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 1:06 pm

profitius wrote:I thought POM was good, not great but good. It was a scrapy sort of game. It was about his second start at 7 and he hasn't played in 5 weeks. If you want to judge him watch him against Northampton.

I thought he was also good but not great, but I'm judging him on his apparent breakdown prowess. I am yet to see it. So far the areas of his game that impress me are his aggression in contact, his line-out skills, his rugby brain, his tackling and his carrying.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:03 pm

Think what you like lads its a forum after all....pity you have to inflict it on the rest of us OK Laugh

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:08 pm

I think DOD a bit of maturity from your part would be a good thing. Also learning that not everyone will agree with you and how to react to that would benefit you too.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 7:49 pm

Maybe your right Rory, calling people names is really mature... thumbsup

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:14 pm

DOD wrote:Maybe your right Rory, calling people names is really mature... thumbsup

What are you talking about though? Who do I call names? In fact the first person to call me anything on this board was you, so your comment is pretty bizarre Headscratch

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:54 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:I'm not doing it for your benefit like. I am allowed to give my own opinion of the game and POM. Now stop being a knob OK

You are funny...in a peculiar sort of way. Short term memory loss maybe

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:55 pm

There is a difference between telling someone to stop acting like a knob (which you know you were) and just outright calling you one. I said I was going to give my opinions of the game and you rudely responded with "don't bother" for absolutely no reason.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:57 pm

Saw the game and thought Zebo was very good as was Barnes. Yer man Deasy looks a handy back up as well.

Thought it wasnt one of O'Mahoneys standout games but he was very effective at the breakdown as with the Northampton game in both games the opposing team had lots of slow ball to contend with which O'Mahoney contributed well to . He can play anywhere in the backrow but he looks an openside to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:00 pm

newbie wrote:Saw the game and thought Zebo was very good as was Barnes. Yer man Deasy looks a handy back up as well.

Thought it wasnt one of O'Mahoneys standout games but he was very effective at the breakdown as with the Northampton game in both games the opposing team had lots of slow ball to contend with which O'Mahoney contributed well to . He can play anywhere in the backrow but he looks an openside to me.

I honestly think you would have to be mixing up POM with Ryan to think he was good in the breakdown at that game. He has at least been a bit of a menace at the breakdown before, but he wasn't at all in that game. He wasn't very involved at the breakdown and the times he was he gave away penalties. Not a good performance from him in that regard. Coughlan, O'Callaghan and Ryan meanwhile I thought were fantastic at the donkey work.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

Look rory it appears you see what you want to see and thats fine. Over the two games I have seen him play openside he has played well, specifically the Northampton game where he was outstanding as openside in all aspects of the game and while he cant do it all on his own (it is a team sport after all) the main aspect of the role of 7 in terms of slowing opposition ball down and being in or arond the tackle area, linking with the backs (which he does very well), and on occassion stealing...(and a very handy carrying game) he ticks all the boxes for me. As I said he can play anywhere in the backrow but I think openside is his best option. In terms of the balance of the Irish backrow I would say its imparative he is developed there.

I dont want to get involved in your private arguement but either way you are still using the term referred to with regards to the other poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:13 pm

Your right Rory. Tell you what if you stop being a d1ck head and repeating yourself ad naseum the I won't comment on your musings boring as they might be

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:14 pm

And where have you drawn this conclusion that I see what I want to see might I ask? This game I said beforehand I will watch POM very closely and his work at the breakdown. I did and I was not impressed. This was only last night. I would honestly suggest watching the game again if you think he was effective at the breakdown, because we must have been watching a different game. Rather than simply suggesting I see what I want to see. Why would I not want him to be a good 7? What a silly remark.

I said I would give my opinions on the game and was told very rudely "don't bother", for no apparent reason. I told him to stop being a knob. I think that is fair enough. Also I am not sure why you are getting involved.

Last edited by Rory_Gallagher on Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:17 pm

DOD wrote:Your right Rory. Tell you what if you stop being a d1ck head and repeating yourself ad naseum the I won't comment on your musings boring as they might be

So because I don't think POM is good at the breakdown, that makes me a dick head? Good one OK how about you just don't comment on anything I say at all? Might do the both of us some good, since you can't debate without resorting to rudeness.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:25 pm

I judt said stop being a d1ck head...i didnt call you one Very Happy

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:29 pm

DOD wrote:I judt said stop being a d1ck head...i didnt call you one Very Happy

Okay I shall rephrase that then for you.. just because I disagree with you on something (in this case, POM not being good at the breakdown in that game/the fact I don't think he would make a good 7) how does that mean I am being a d1ckhead? In your case you told me not to bother commenting on the game, which was extremely rude. You were acting like a knob for no reason. Bit of a difference.

I think DOD you lack some fundamental skills required in order to have reasonable debate. If somebody has an opinion on someone like ROG/Earls/POM, that you don't agree with, you get abusive, rude and get all worked up. Like a child. Sort it out or don't bother getting involved OK

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:34 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:And where have you drawn this conclusion that I see what I want to see might I ask? This game I said beforehand I will watch POM very closely and his work at the breakdown. I did and I was not impressed. This was only last night. I would honestly suggest watching the game again if you think he was effective at the breakdown, because we must have been watching a different game. Rather than simply suggesting I see what I want to see. Why would I not want him to be a good 7? What a silly remark.

I said I would give my opinions on the game and was told very rudely "don't bother", for no apparent reason. I told him to stop being a knob. I think that is fair enough. Also I am not sure why you are getting involved.

It is a public forum and you are both having hissy fits in public. I will let you both to it..

I gave you my impression on O'Mahoney regarding the two games, even when he is playing blindside he plays more like an openside to me based on the reasons given above and the main role of an openside and the current imbalance in the Irish setup. There you go. You obviously think otherwise. good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:40 pm

Actually like I said I was going to comment on a game and was told not to bother, so I told him to stop getting on like a knob. I would love to know how you would have reacted though Rolling Eyes

With regards to POM you do realise we are both allowed to have our own opinions, and have meaningful debate without saying "you only see what you want to see". IMO O'Mahony is an excellent line-out operator, a brilliant ball carrier, has a good rugby brain, and most of all he is very aggressive. He also adds grunt to the pack and will do the donkey work when required. He didn't show that in the last game however. He displays qualities that an 8 or a 6 should show. More than what a 7 should. I also disagree that there is any imbalance to our current backrow.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:41 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
DOD wrote:I judt said stop being a d1ck head...i didnt call you one Very Happy

Okay I shall rephrase that then for you.. just because I disagree with you on something (in this case, POM not being good at the breakdown in that game/the fact I don't think he would make a good 7) how does that mean I am being a d1ckhead? In your case you told me not to bother commenting on the game, which was extremely rude. You were acting like a knob for no reason. Bit of a difference.

I think DOD you lack some fundamental skills required in order to have reasonable debate. If somebody has an opinion on someone like ROG/Earls/POM, that you don't agree with, you get abusive, rude and get all worked up. Like a child. Sort it out or don't bother getting involved OK

Yes yes I have heard it all before...its just that when you are wrong...ie. Marshall, Cave, Tackling, POM, Earls, SOB as openside...you are very wrong.....it just gets boring the way you continue to repeat the same stuff based on schoolboy analysis (if even that). Just trying to help you move on and learn...that is all...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:42 pm

I am wrong in your opinion DOD. So I guess you are right about everything you have to say? About Earls etc.

EDIT: Also once again you display your rude and condescending personality by making that comment about "schoolboy analysis". Can you not even try to act mature?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:44 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Actually like I said I was going to comment on a game and was told not to bother, so I told him to stop getting on like a knob. I would love to know how you would have reacted though Rolling Eyes

With regards to POM you do realise we are both allowed to have our own opinions, and have meaningful debate without saying "you only see what you want to see". IMO O'Mahony is an excellent line-out operator, a brilliant ball carrier, has a good rugby brain, and most of all he is very aggressive. He also adds grunt to the pack and will do the donkey work when required. He didn't show that in the last game however. He displays qualities that an 8 or a 6 should show. More than what a 7 should. I also disagree that there is any imbalance to our current backrow.

I disagree for all the reasons mentioned previously in terms of his game. You see one thing I see another...I think you are wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:46 pm

Lots of editing going on there Rory....getting worked up and having to come back with the insults.....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 21 Feb 2012, 11:48 pm

Yes DOD, I am the one being insulting..

And fair enough Newbie, I think you are wrong too thumbsup it is just opinions though.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down