The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andalucian Open

5 posters

Go down

Andalucian Open Empty Andalucian Open

Post by Maverick Thu 24 Mar - 7:14

Takes place this week at Parador de Malaga Golf Club in Spain.

Defending Champion Louis Oosthuizen is not in the field citing that he needs to rest an eye injury he currently has in need to be fit for the Masters. Seems since his Open win King Louis is more like sicknote! But no denying the lad has talent.

The field is a little short on big names as usual due to the clash with the more prestigious Bay Hill event stateside.

The home favourites of MAJ and Alvaro Quiros will be looking to do something on home soil and Quiros will be looking to do something he has yet to achieve in his 5 years on tour and that's win 2 events in 1 season.
Ryder Cup captain and legend Jose Maria Olazabal is turning out this week and is still a great iron player which is. A strength that will be needed this week as the pins are usually placed in some very tight spots

Other than the guys already mentioned there are no real standout candidates for this one, it should be a tight week but a much better one for viewers than the Sicilian open was due to the course looking fantastic and weather on the glorious side.

If you fancy an outsider for a little dabble with your pennies, I would look at Martin Lafeber, Rafael Cabrera Bello, why not take a punt on Monty for a top 10 he struck it well last week but the conditions this week may well suit him

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Andalucian Open Empty Re: Andalucian Open

Post by Maverick Thu 24 Mar - 7:17

P.s MODs any chance of a sticky for this weeks ET offering

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 24 Mar - 15:48

Well Mark Roe and his naff commentary is at it again, I'm not a fan of Martin Laird but then sounds like Roe isn't either and he has not done his homework on the OGWR either after the 33d time this year I've heard him say Steven Gallagher is the highest ranked scotsman in the world! Roe obviously feels the Laird is a yank as well then. But seriously poor from a supposed season pro and pundit!

Looks like my mention of Lafeber could be a good tip nice solid opening round.

Rock, Elson, kjeldson and Edofrs setting the early pace at -5.
Some nice early rounds on the board but afternoon conditions according to Ewan Murray are averaging a shot higher due to wind, but have to say shot of the day goes to the beautiful swing of last weeks winner Rafa Jacquelin's tee shot to his closing hole the Par3. 9th within cm's of an ace

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 24 Mar - 16:15

Maverick wrote:why not take a punt on Monty for a top 10 he struck it well last week but the conditions this week may well suit him

You mean being in Spain he will have much easier access to fry-ups and kebabs?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 24 Mar - 21:40

Kjeldsen would be a good shot. He has won the tournament before. Jacquelin is another good bet. Won last week and is one of those players who's been around for years, in the shadow of all the big names. Sort of a Laird of the Euro Tour.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Fri 25 Mar - 10:54

Interesting to see Raphael Jacquelin hasn't shaved his beard off despite last week's win (he always said he would shave when he won another tournament). Apparently Madame J now prefers him with it!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 25 Mar - 11:14

Kjeldesn puts up some good numbers but can't see him winning this week, Rafa J what a swing but back to back not so sure think we'll see another ET first time winner this week if not my original tip of Lafeber

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by vinyl1 Sun 27 Mar - 13:49

I'm surprised no one has commented about Kenneth Ferrie. His round was remarkable, and he just missed a 59 on the last hole.

He was last seen by most US fans at the 2006 Open at Winged Foot. He played a year on the US tour, and disappeared. Has he been on the Euro Tour, or down in the Challenge Tour?

vinyl1

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 27 Mar - 13:55

I still fancy Jacquelin for the title.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 27 Mar - 13:56

Been on the euro tour for some time now, posted some decent numbers but nothing too consistent, Did well yesterday equalling ET lowest ever round, but today +3 through 6 shows his consistency to close out is lacking

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by vinyl1 Sun 27 Mar - 16:28

The last round is not much fun to watch. Everybody seems to miss one three-foot putt after another.

Of course Ferrie messed up, he is Mr. Saturday. The other players are not much better. Sure, conditions are tough, but you would think one of the players in range could go somewhat low, four or five under, something like that.

I hope the Bay Hill is more entertaining than this. Of course, I'd rather be playing, but it is still below freezing every morning in the NE US. It's nearly noon now, and we just cracked 0 C/32 F.

vinyl1

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 27 Mar - 17:16

I was impressed with the way Lawrie played very solid and showed he has the gamr for the wind once again but as for the rest it was quite poor, showed why we get so few break through winners on the ET in these smaller events Edfors pretty much only guy other than Lawrie that can say he tried to win it on final day.

Now for Laird see if he can make it a scots win as well guess that would be first time in same week for ET and PGA tour

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down