The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

end of the brand extension

+4
The General
Kay Fabe
ADMIN
jai.roberts
8 posters

Go down

end of the brand extension Empty end of the brand extension

Post by jai.roberts Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:41 pm

Hi guys,

With the possability of control of raw and smackdown seemingly up for grabs (probably at WM)

Do you think who ever gains control will end the brand extension.... it's pretty much gone anyway, but officially still 2 world champions... could be unified?

for the record i think Johnny Ace will gain control of both...

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

end of the brand extension Empty Re: end of the brand extension

Post by ADMIN Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:48 pm

I personally hope Ace gets it as a teddy Long was past his sell by date about 5 years ago IMO.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:07 pm

I'm really interested in this angle, I think it has some great potential, it could lead to the end of the Brand Extension although I'm not sure of the merits of doing that at this moment time just for the sake of it when it's pretty much any man for any show at the moment

I agree totally that Long is well past his sell by date, nothing he does now is any different to what he was doing in 2007, I've got no idea why he's had such a prominant role, the only thinking is that Vince doesn't want SmackDown! to look like anything remotely resembling the A show

I'd love to see both shows completely different and the WWE to sign some top new fresh talent for SD, can't see it happening though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

I'd like to see the 4 Indy guys that are currently in FCW all go to SD (Jon Moxley, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli and Tyler Black) and perhaps as a stable in the veins of the Radicalz.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

Those four guys and Matt Morgan would really revitilise the entire show, The Young Bucks too, it would give a young fresh vibrant feel to it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The General Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:12 am

I would love to have one champion.. The whole thing of keeping the WCW/NWA title and US title has always bugged me. Get rid of that stupid spinning belt while you're at it, bring back the title that was held by Savage, Hogan, Warrior and Flair ect. That is the real WWE Championship! Yes I am in Auld B#gger mode today!

The General

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:47 am

When the brands first split there was enough talent to have 2 separate shows, with all the WCW guys joining WWF. But nowadays they dont have enough talent for 2 rosters, and 2 titles.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:55 am

They should definitely get rid of the spinning belt, why have they stuck with it for this long, have they forgotten about it?
I'm not 100% sure about unifying the two world titles. I do think that having the US and IC titles is overkill though. I would much rather keep the IC and swap the US for either the Cruiserweight or Hardcore title coming back.

I can see the point of Johnny Ace getting stale if he is on both Raw and Smackdown but I would much rather that than Teddy 'tag match' Long. Why he has been in that position for so long is beyond me.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:01 am

In an ideal world, the brand extension should be officially ended, with one heavyweight title (not the spinner) with tag-team wrestling made relevant again (yes that again) but for some reason, I can't see it happening. It would give some prestige back to the top belt - I think they've both been watered down a little and don't always seem to be the main focus of the shows, which they (it) should be.

Who is the biggest star on Smackdown! at the minute? Orton? And he's injured. The Undertaker is supposed to be part of the Smackdown! roster (rumoured ironically due to HHH being on RAW) and yet hasn't been on it in years. Bryan feels like the 3rd or 4th most important on the show, yet he's holder of the World title. That's not right.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:03 am

MIG wrote:They should definitely get rid of the spinning belt, why have they stuck with it for this long, have they forgotten about it?

I think replica spinners sell quite well so they see no reason to change it. Didn't Punk threaten to get rid of it if he beat John Cena at MITB?

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:11 am

Seeing as now Punk is selling more merch or at least as much merch as Cena a storyline or at least big thing made of Punk changing the title back to how it used to be would boost sales of replica belts if anything?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:21 am

I suppose they would have to make it customed to CM Punk if that were to be the case. Preferabley I'd have the first Undisputed belt - the one previous to the 'spinner'.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:38 am

I would go back to the Attitude Era belt. That one always looked best.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:41 am

But it is exactly that, 'The Attitude Era' belt. That era has gone, so should everything with it.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:41 am

I wouldn't want a belt customed to any particular wrestler. Thats partly the problem with the spinning belt (apart from looking turd) its Cena's belt isn't it?!
CM Punk would just have to be behind changing the belt not what the belt looked like. It should be the attitude era belt imo.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:42 am

Im only calling it that to give it a name. Personally I think it looks the best hence why I would want to bring it back. Although the Undisputed one that you mention wasnt around for very long so I wouldnt object to seeing that return.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:45 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Im only calling it that to give it a name. Personally I think it looks the best hence why I would want to bring it back. Although the Undisputed one that you mention wasnt around for very long so I wouldnt object to seeing that return.

This OK

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:56 am

It probably did have the best look, it and the one previous (eagle belt I think) although they were quite similar.

I know why you called it 'The Attitude Era' belt, but the reality is (as you have just demonstrated) it is synonymous with that era, and that's where it should stay IMO. Once that era came to an end, they changed it for something else. Unfortunately John Cena happened and we've ended up with what we've got now. Does it still spin though?

Last edited by liverbnz on Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:06 pm

liverbnz wrote:It probably did have the best look, it and the one previous (eagle belt I think) although they were quite similar.

I know why you called it 'The Attitude Era' belt, but the reality is (as you have just demonstrated) it is synomonous with that era, and that's where it should stay IMO. Once that era came to an end, they changed it for something else. Unfortunately John Cena happened and we've ended up with what we've got now. Does it still spin though?

I don't know, ask CM Punk?

There was nothing wrong with Cody bringing back an old belt I don't see why there would be a problem bringing the old WWE title back.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 23 Feb 2012, 1:38 pm

For me the real World Title will always be the Winged Eagle belt from 87-88, just the look of that title screamed prestige for me

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down