The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good job Paddy wallace can tackle

5 posters

Go down

Good job Paddy wallace can tackle Empty Good job Paddy wallace can tackle

Post by neilthom7 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:06 pm

Isn't it a good job Paddy wallace can tackle because apparently alot of Ulster players can't he saved us at the end. How can he not be in the Ireland team, he had another great performance tonight. He was one of the stand up players in the Ulster side tonight. Made yards supperbly and tackled very effectivelt. On another note tUlster did well to hold out just about, rather questionable tackling and a rather questionable call from the TMO on the Ospreys try at the end.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Good job Paddy wallace can tackle Empty Re: Good job Paddy wallace can tackle

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:13 pm

Paddy Wallace is very unfortunate that he is one of these players who gets an international call up then isnt used. At times it means he wont play internationally or for his province and is effectively wasted. Given Ireland's problems at 12 at the minute, I agree he should be in the 22 - but that leaves you with a problem; if Sexton or O'Gara start, and you have a 9 on the bench as well as an outside back, then you would have to drop either Sexton or O'Gara from the bench(depending on which one of them starts, in favour of Wallace, which isnt going to happen.

Really he should be starting at 12 for Ireland at the minute in my opinion, based on his recent form, in comparison to Gordon D'Arcy who is in poor form.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:43 pm

Agreed Dodger, D'Arcy hasn't been playing very well for a while now.

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:15 pm

Well, whatever your opinions on the Ireland 12 shirt, I'm just pleased to see him playing well in an Ulster jersey. He's had a fair crack at the Ireland jersey, some ups and downs, and whilst he's been nowhere near as bad as some people have made him out to be it would be hard to say he was the right fit either.

The waters are somewhat muddied by the fact D'Arcy has also been poor unfortunately. I would have confidence that if Wallace was starting tomorrow he'd do well.

But I'd much rather see him in white playing well than sitting in the stands in Dublin. If he's not going to be used anyway, lets get the best out of him. He really is so important to Ulster.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:23 pm

completely agree notch irelands loss is ulster's gain. I mean he certainly deserved the motm award more than afoa in my opinion although afoa had a decent game too. Look forward now to besty, ferris, trimble and court doing well tomoz and most importantly coming back injury free

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:30 pm

Personally I think Wallace is playing the best rugby of his career. He looks fit, strong and sharp.

He's never quite produced his Ulster form for Ireland, although he's never had a good run in the jersey and has done better than a lot of people make out.

I think he's missed the boat now for Ireland but could still do a job if needed.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:50 pm

I haven't always been his biggest fan and I could understand persevering with a young lad at 12 internationally in his stead but to pick d'arce over him is baffling. Heis clearly the best 12 In ireland. Unfortunately the only Irish coach to get anywhere resembling the best out of him is coaching edinburgh.

Class act.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 1:24 am

It makes you wonder is deccie starting to get stuck in his ways. I mean not including paddy, having leo cullen a man who might not make next year never mind next world cup in the team really makes you wonder and especially when sexton's style of play at 10 would be very conjusive to Paddy playing too. Seems strange. Think it's a massive pity Cave is out too would have a been a great chance for him.

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down