The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhys Thomas to Wasps

3 posters

Go down

Rhys Thomas to Wasps Empty Rhys Thomas to Wasps

Post by LondonTiger Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 14:29

Cardiff Blues hooker Rhys Thomas has signed for Wasps.

http://www.wasps.co.uk/news/wasps32993.ink

London Wasps Director of Rugby Dai Young said: “I obviously know Rhys very well having coached him for many years and he will be a real asset to our squad next season. He is an experienced international and exactly the kind of quality player we want to bring to the Club. Rhys is also a great guy to have around a squad and he will be a great addition to the Club off the pitch as well.”

Rhys Thomas said: “I am really looking forward to linking up with Dai Young again who has been a big influence to me in my career and I’m excited by the challenge of playing in England with London Wasps. Like most professional players I always keep an eye on how the game is going in England and it’s the kind of challenge that I know I will relish.

It is to be hped that all the internationals joining/re-joining Wasps will not be plying their trade in the Championship.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Rhys Thomas to Wasps Empty Re: Rhys Thomas to Wasps

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 15:45

Not being nasty but is Dai Young looking to bring in his Blues boys where possible? Nicky Robinson, TR Thomas, watch out Martyn Williams may be joining to see out his last few seasons.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Thu 1 Mar 2012 - 7:39

Surprised as I wouldn't have expected that Rhys Thomas would have commanded a high salary. Not sure of his replacements in Breeze and Tyrell either.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 1 Mar 2012 - 11:17

pioden gorllewin wrote:Surprised as I wouldn't have expected that Rhys Thomas would have commanded a high salary. Not sure of his replacements in Breeze and Tyrell either.

It may not be he commands a high salary, it may just be that he is starting to seem a bit of dead wood that could be cleared out. Breeze seems to be competant, and IMO not far off the level of TRT, and I would expect him to be on a lesser wage (as people who stay loyal tend to get more than they are worth at times).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 18:33

looks like wasps have signed another thomas, as in lee thomas. i've always rated him from his time in cardiff and especially sale. not sure how his stint in lyon went. abrasive centre who can also play 10, good kicking option too. didnt realise he was only 27, thought he was older.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 22:24

Perhaps they should rebrand and merge with London Welsh?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Sat 3 Mar 2012 - 8:46

they mind end up playing in the same league as london welsh at this rate! to be fair they will only have dai youngs, nick robinson, lee thomas, rhys thomas and prydie (loan) think the biggest contingent of welsh in the jeff is up in sale. they have eiffion-lewis roberts, marc jones, dwayne peel, andy powell and nick mcleod (who said we needed a 5th region up north Wink )
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down