The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Golf Union

5 posters

Go down

English Golf Union Empty English Golf Union

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 25 Mar 2011, 1:40 pm

As we now have the Central Handicap Database up and running I've been granted access to my details on the English Golf Union site and also sent a card with my CDH number printed on there... I thought this was meant to happen last year but had never been sent anything or given a link by my old club (which isn't a surprise as they also didn't bother with uploads or releases of handicap when I moved).

Has everyone else got one of these or is it just because I spoke to them directly that this has been provided?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

English Golf Union Empty Re: English Golf Union

Post by drive4show Fri 25 Mar 2011, 1:43 pm

I've been allocated my number in the last couple of weeks, got some outstanding entry forms to complete so it will be getting plenty of use over the next couple of weeks!

Not tried accessing any website yet, what are we supposed to be able to do with it online?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 25 Mar 2011, 1:46 pm

It tracks your handicap and also shows some results.

They sent me an email with the login details and a password and then mailed me this EGU card with the CDH number printed on it. Very useful little thing as I keep forgetting the number. I just wondered if it was something that I'd managed to get through calling them or if my club had arranged it somehow.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 25 Mar 2011, 2:23 pm

must have been something I did looking at the site. Here's the link they sent me

http://www.englishgolfunion.org/members/
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri 25 Mar 2011, 6:22 pm

We've been given the link and encouraged to join up - but independently the CDH number is now printed on all our handicap certificates. There's been quite a lot of publicity - posters in clubhouse, emails etc to encourage take up.
On a related point has anyone come across a facility to get a qualifying round assessed at anytime, outside competition, as long as you sign up before play? Was told today it's a new congu arrangement - I think to begin bringing us more in to line with other countries eg US, though that may be an assumption.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 26 Mar 2011, 12:14 pm

Puligny:
This very topic was discussed at our recent AGM - emphasis being to move more of the membership into the 'Active' category from the 'Inactive' category. The way it works (certainly at our club) is that you get your card signed by another member, but the key thing is you must let the handicap secretary know you want the round to qualify BEFORE you actually play. At our club you can put a maximum of 12 cards in per year on bounce games. It is supposed to give more encouragement to members who don't want to go gung-ho and enter loads of club competitions, BUT may want to enter occasional comps or have an active certificate to play at other clubs in UK or Europe.
Hope that helps thumbsup
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 26 Mar 2011, 12:30 pm

Yes my club operates the same as NST's so must be a standard thing I think.

The key thing is signing a book in the pro shop BEFORE the round announcing your intention to play a round for h/c purposes

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Sat 26 Mar 2011, 5:03 pm

NST/Davie - thanks. Def sounds more like the US, NZ and Aus systems. Seems a good idea - certainly no excuse for not getting enough qualifiers in anymore!!!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down