The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Greenwood just made a great point

+15
TycroesOsprey
lostinwales
Gibson
ChequeredJersey
belovedfrosties
gowales
Welshmushroom
slartibartfast
miteyironpaw
doctor_grey
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
EnglishReign
Glas a du
eirebilly
thebluesmancometh
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will Greenwood just made a great point - Page 2 Empty Will Greenwood just made a great point

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

One I hadn't considered, for all Englands failings, lack of creativity etc... England have played 3 games and have made 3 very good Fly halfs look very ordinary. Now I know Parks, Burton and Preistland are not world beaters, but they are good international players. Not just fly half's either, 12's and scrum halfs are struggling too.

This I feel has to be attributed to Lancaster, and the way he wants to play.

He has also just said that Wales are now the real deal, but need to step up and start taking regular SH teams on home and away.

Fair play to him, both assesments are bang on in my view, what do we all think?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Will Greenwood just made a great point - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Greenwood just made a great point

Post by eirebilly Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

Greenwood is a very decent pundit normally.

View "this is England and they need a new messiah every season to harp on about and crucify like the messiah next season."

Pure class clap
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Will Greenwood just made a great point - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Greenwood just made a great point

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:53 pm

Non because it doesn't take genius to follow and play the game then to come to the conclusions on who is good and who is poor and why!

I find it an English thing to be fair they seem to lap up any slight comment in the direction of English rugby.

In the same way i didn't get annoyed with Chris Rattue and his village idiot jibe because at the time Wales were poor and always talked themselves up before facing the obviously better team NewZealand,
yes it was a bit personal the way he went about it but who cares? he has to live with a face like that! i would be bitter unsatisfied and all round disappointed if i was him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:55 pm

Who was our last Messiah, out of interests?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:56 pm

Ashton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:56 pm

Even Ben Kay wants him dropped this season

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:57 pm

see pundits are idiots who talk up a player and drag him down

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:57 pm

Ben Youngs before him

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:58 pm

In fairness though View, All countries are guilty of creating messiah's every season and crucifing them the next season. Us Irish are brilliant at it OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:00 pm

eirebilly wrote:In fairness though View, All countries are guilty of creating messiah's every season and crucifing them the next season. Us Irish are brilliant at it OK

I really like you, Billy, you are a class poster
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:01 pm

Lets not forget Cipriani! but reading some of the comments on these boards lately Cipriani seems to have formed a splinter group" The Church of Cipriani" who morn his crucifixion and insist he will come back better and stronger upon his resurrection notworthy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:02 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Lets not forget Cipriani! but reading some of the comments on these boards lately Cipriani seems to have formed a splinter group" The Church of Cipriani" who morn his crucifixion and insist he will come back better and stronger upon his resurrection notworthy

Cips just needs to grow up and a pack that make his life easier. He reminds me a lot of Hook, actually, but a lot more of a dick
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:02 pm

Yes maybe but the English are the worst at it i find, but that's another reason to hate pundits because they create a messiah and tear the poor lad down if he knocks a ball on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:04 pm

It's all become a bit Match of the Day if you ask me,which was inevitable after Rugby turned pro. But three guys sitting around a desk and stating the obvious for an hour is borderline madness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:05 pm

Yeah. Some of the comments on Our Deccie, have been way Beyond the Pale. But thats cool, he comes from Munster...

I really like Greenwood. He is sincere, fair, loves the game with great enthusiasm and it comes across. Love that. Anything is better than Gusset or Inverdull.

Love Brian Moore - especially when England are playing France. He is brilliant. No holding back - even by Eddie Butler.

You cant say that about the French, Brian!

Too late, I just did.

Last edited by Gibson on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:05 pm

Have you never ventured on to an Irish thread view? We are possibly the worst at creating and destroying players on here, especially if they play for another province Wink

Thanks CJ OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:06 pm

Brian Moore annoys me Gibbo but my god he makes me laugh at the same time. He is not a commentator, he is a fan with a microphone Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:11 pm

Yeah exactly Billy. That's what he is. He lets himself go. I find that refreshing. This pretend polite shoite, grates on me. Say it like it is.

I reckon ROG would make a great studio pundit. One of the only Irish players who will break the Irish party-line. I admire him for that.

Quinny is brilliant and his views are clear-cut and unbiased. I hope he doesnt lose that for the sake of PC TV.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 03 Mar 2012, 6:16 pm

That he does Gibbo, i really enjoy when he starts ranting. Its so much funnier when someone says the things as he does without actually trying to be funny.

ROG speaks his mind thats for sure. I think that if POC ever went into commentating he would be a carbon copy of Brian Moore Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 03 Mar 2012, 7:32 pm

eirebility

That is THE reason I like Moore, he just gives it to you from an English perspective, who always expects the worse then is amazed if it happens, like the Flood histerics, he talked England out of the game in the first few minutes, then when they make mistakes he goes nuts, probably like every fan on here does!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 03 Mar 2012, 7:38 pm

Yeah, thats why i said that he was more a fan with a microphone than a commentator bluesman. When he first started i could not stand him but now he is one of my favorites.

He really knows what he is on about as well. The worst isthat Andrew Cotter, he seriously has no idea about the game.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 03 Mar 2012, 7:43 pm

Try watching the stupid bint who goes pitchside at Welsh club games, forgot her name now but she really winds me up!!!
She knows nothing and at times it sounds like she's reading a script!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 03 Mar 2012, 7:46 pm

Is that yer woman with the gap in her teeth?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 03 Mar 2012, 8:12 pm

Just like Wales were going to terrorise England Viewtotheendofyournose? Don't forget, it took Wales 75 minutes to get away from England and it was only a piece of individual brilliance as opposed to a crushing team effort that took the game.

Personally I'd like to concentrate on what Greenwood said about the SH teams, I said as much after the triple crown clincher last Saturday.

Wales are right up there at the top of the NH tree, with maybe France their only challengers in this years competition.

Wales are playing some great rugby, they have power, pace and genuine talent, North in particular has great hands for such a big fella and they have a real creative force in midfield with JD2 as well as the battering ram of Roberts to make the gainline yards, the big boys on the wings and the wee maestro at 15 are constant threats off go-forward ball.

BUT, Wales now have to go on and win at least one test in Australia, they owe it to themselves; they have nothing to prove to anyone else as I think anyone who knows anything will recognise they are something special.

The one thing that has really impressed me is the maturity of the players, for such a young group they have shown themselves to be wise well beyond their years, Warburton has to take much of the credit for that, but I think he would refuse to because that's the kind of guy he seems to be.

I think winning the series in Oz is probably 12 months too soon, but one Test should be within the capabilities of this side, and I will be behind them all the way, if Wales come back from Oz with some success tucked under their belts, I'm sure they will raise the bar again for the Autumn and next years 6N, don't let any of us forget that strong teams in the NH is good for all of us, the 6N is the only regular competition we get and if we really want to set about beating SH competition on a regular basis we all need to get better, right now Wales are taking point - so come on you boyos!!!! Will Greenwood just made a great point - Page 2 479796
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Sat 03 Mar 2012, 9:46 pm

'Everybody raises their game for Wales' Yahoo

No they don't!!! Not a bit of it, but they do raise their game for England, the 'Colonial oppresser' so England always seem to play against teams with at least a grudge and often outright hatred.

We expect (doesn't always happen) to beat Wales, Scotland etc and even though we are left disappointed, quite a lot, we still expect to win, which says to me that all these countries have an advantage of motivation when they tackle England, while we have an attitude of we should win, or so what if we win. So the odds are always against England, unless its against the Aussies or France and then the juices really flow!! Wink

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 03 Mar 2012, 9:53 pm

english warrior
England are on the up and thats great for rugby especially when we want a strong Lions side.
By the way you need to move away from this colonial oppressor nonsense it's so last century Hug

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:17 pm

Cymroglan wrote:english warrior
England are on the up and thats great for rugby especially when we want a strong Lions side.
By the way you need to move away from this colonial oppressor nonsense it's so last century Will Greenwood just made a great point - Page 2 769663

I'd go as far as to suggest it was the century before Cymro, and it wasn't just "the English" anyway...

In fact I'd like to suggest that in future, we all differentiate between "the English" and people who embody what being English is all about, they're quite different in my opinion. Very Happy

As for the 2013 B&I Lions, they will surely be composed of mostly Wales players, followed by Ireland, with Scotland and England being on a par in terms of numbers, I can hardly wait for it to be honest, it could be a classic tour.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:04 am

If only England had backs worth getting excited about like Hook, Byrne, Biggar, Rees, Henson, Bishop that other guy, Jones the Steam, Generic Williams and the last guy to score a try for Scarlets

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:09 am

Not sure what you point is Wheeler, but not only would most of those players make the England team, a certain few would be the new 'messiah' for you too Yahoo

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:52 am

Generic Williams

Laugh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2