The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama at the Highlanders v Crusaders game.

+7
Gunner
doctor_grey
thebluesmancometh
miteyironpaw
Standulstermen
faraway
Coleman
11 posters

Go down

Drama at the Highlanders v Crusaders game. Empty Drama at the Highlanders v Crusaders game.

Post by Coleman Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Not only has there been a white card! But At 27-24 to the Highlanders, the infield clock says 80:00 mins. The ball is kicked in to touch, the Highlanders are Jubilant... But the Ref tells them that there is still three mins on his clock. Incredible scenes. haha!

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Drama at the Highlanders v Crusaders game. Empty Re: Drama at the Highlanders v Crusaders game.

Post by faraway Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:53 pm

the last 3 minutes were hilarious! The look on their faces was priceless laughing
but i was cheering them on, so i was happy.

faraway

Back to top Go down

Drama at the Highlanders v Crusaders game. Empty Re: Drama at the Highlanders v Crusaders game.

Post by Standulstermen Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:19 pm

Who won?

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Highlanders won.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Excellent stuff. Cheers

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:54 pm

If only Steve Walsh had found an extra 3 minutes...
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:29 pm

It wasn't just once, Highlanders kicked dead twice, luckily for them they went directly into touch and not over their dead ball line as I've seen some players do.

In my view that final scrum should've been a crusaders penalty too, but theres no way the ref was giving that, especially after the FH put one 1 yard short from 10 yards back.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:20 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:It wasn't just once, Highlanders kicked dead twice, luckily for them they went directly into touch and not over their dead ball line as I've seen some players do.

In my view that final scrum should've been a crusaders penalty too, but theres no way the ref was giving that, especially after the FH put one 1 yard short from 10 yards back.
Agree. That ending was kind of funny. And the final outcome was fair, especially as the Highlanders would never have kicked those balls out if they knew the right time. I think the referee should have told the captains the stadium clock was wrong. Good thing these technical problems don't happen much. Probably something to do with being the first Super Rugby match in the new stadium. Must have been a different team handling this in the RWC.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:34 pm

faraway wrote:the last 3 minutes were hilarious! The look on their faces was priceless laughing
but i was cheering them on, so i was happy.

Hilarious unless its your team thats just given The Crusaders a 20mtr head start and a lineout throw
with 3 mins on the clock! The Crusaders are tough enough to beat as it is without gifting them that kind of field position.

Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:40 pm

How come there was still three minutes on the clock... did a time-off go uncommunicated between ref and those in charge of the clock?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by AFewTooManyKnocks Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:04 am

SecretFly wrote:How come there was still three minutes on the clock... did a time-off go uncommunicated between ref and those in charge of the clock?

The team that were running the stadium clock had previously been running football matches. They weren't aware that the clock stops in rugby for stoppages. They kept it running like football.

This is how it was reported in the Otago Daily Times. It's a very honest admission from the team who runs this aspect of the stadium, and I'm sure someone got an absolute bollocking for not knowing how to run the clock!!

AFewTooManyKnocks

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:14 am

Why is there a full time hooter in some games, and not in others? Surely there must be competition standard protocol on this?
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:27 am

miteyironpaw wrote:Why is there a full time hooter in some games, and not in others?

Haskells only allowed to play for one club

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:56 pm

How did Haskell do? Did he even get on?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by AFewTooManyKnocks Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:14 pm

propdavid_london wrote:How did Haskell do? Did he even get on?

Yep he got on for 30 minutes or so in the 2nd half. He wasn't strong to be honest and gave away a few penalties. At least 2 or 3 were utter stupidity. He entered one ruck completely from the side. There was no angle so he atleast looked to be coming from the back. It was directly in the side, right in front of the ref.

Jamie Joseph won't stand for that so he may see less minutes this week?? who knows.

AFewTooManyKnocks

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks AFew.... - thats a shame. I am hoping that he comes back from the Southern Hemisphere a much more rounded player.
Still, I guess that it will take some time for him to fit with the different style of play down there.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:11 pm

According to ESPN it was 2 penalties. 10 tacklesmade in the few minutes he had on the pitch, so it sounds like hes been putting himself in harms way a bit at least.

I dont think anyone seriously expects him to be a major force in S15 rugby, but if he can settle in andd get used to the way the games reffed and flows down there it woudl be nice to see him getting starts for the club.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down