The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MitB cancelled for WM28, returns as a PPV. Reason why.

+3
DDT
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
UpsideDownFace
7 posters

Go down

MitB cancelled for WM28, returns as a PPV. Reason why. Empty MitB cancelled for WM28, returns as a PPV. Reason why.

Post by UpsideDownFace Sat 03 Mar 2012, 7:35 pm

Original plans were for the MitB match to return at WM28 and not have it's own PPV like previous years, this has been scrapped and the gimmick match has been given back it's summer PPV. The reason behind this, Wade Barrett's injury. The plan was for him to win the ladder match at Wrestlemania and the briefcase, due to his injury though, this idea has been dropped.

Real shame for Wade, he had picked up again after a quiet couple of months and was starting to looked like guy we loved from Nexus.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

MitB cancelled for WM28, returns as a PPV. Reason why. Empty Re: MitB cancelled for WM28, returns as a PPV. Reason why.

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:11 am

Atleast by them doing this it means there still planning on him winning the briefcase at a later date...would of loved to have seen him win it at mania then cash it in on the same night after sheamus wins

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

MitB cancelled for WM28, returns as a PPV. Reason why. Empty Re: MitB cancelled for WM28, returns as a PPV. Reason why.

Post by DDT Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:11 am

With all the Injury's to guys like Del Rio, Christian, Mysterio etc I think Barrett may have missed his chance to be pushed up to that next level. I just hope I'm wrong and they still give Barrett a big push once he returns.

He has all the tools to be a top Heel champion, he's very good in the ring, excellent on the mic, and his character has such a massive ego, that with the belt round his waist, he could realy get some heat off the crowd.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

If they do give him the belt I don't want to see this cowardly heel rubbish that they seem to do with all the champions nowadays...I want a strong heel who can back up everything hes says...will only make him stronger as a champion

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:04 pm

Given the fact Vince seems to hate fans ' knowing ' results of ppv's i do think Wade may have missed the boat ala Mr Kennedy for his big push to world title , hope im wrong as id love to see him get up to that level .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:26 pm

I don't think Wade has missed the boat really simply because the guy is too good ala trips not winning the KOTR because of the kliq farewell. He is good in the ring, has the size, looks tough and is just gold on the mic, if he weren't to get a push he would be off in a shot to TNA and would become one of if not THE main guy. He is too good to let slip through their fingers I mean just imagine a feud between him and Punk, the ring work would be to a very good standard and the promos would be awesome, he is the next top heel of WWE without a doubt for me.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:47 am

VoiceOfTheVoiceless wrote:If they do give him the belt I don't want to see this cowardly heel rubbish that they seem to do with all the champions nowadays...I want a strong heel who can back up everything hes says...will only make him stronger as a champion

You can't have a heel that wins there matches fair and square, it just doesn't work. The crowd need a reason to dislike them.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:34 am

DDT wrote:
VoiceOfTheVoiceless wrote:If they do give him the belt I don't want to see this cowardly heel rubbish that they seem to do with all the champions nowadays...I want a strong heel who can back up everything hes says...will only make him stronger as a champion

You can't have a heel that wins there matches fair and square, it just doesn't work. The crowd need a reason to dislike them.

Not sure I would agree with that. Heat can be garnered in promos and by the way he acts.

Surely the simple act of beating "the good guy" is reason enough for the crowd to dislike him?

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:40 am

Of course you can have heels who win clean. It more than works.

Mark Henry went over clean a hell of alot when he had his reign.

Jericho beat Edge clean to retain the title at Mania.

Owen Hart beating Bret at Wrestlemania 10 - clean.

The whole 'i am better than you' arrogance and actually backing it up with a clean win is what makes the crowd dislike you, as Warrior says.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down