The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blades Blunted!

2 posters

Go down

Blades Blunted! Empty Blades Blunted!

Post by hornbloweroafc Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:56 pm

Fantastic result for my team, Oldham! Yahoo

2 nil down at half time against 2nd in the league (Sheff Utd) and away from home you would have put to your life on a Sheff Utd win!

But 'Little club' Oldham turn it around to win 3 -2 with a last min pen! Performance of the weekend (closely followed by Bury). Yes the blades had two players sent off (one last min for the pen) but the 2nd half performance by the boys in blue was superb! Very Happy

What annoys me though is some of the "massive" club fans mentality in this league. Sheff Utd & Weds and to an extent Huddersfield, Charlton all believe they should walk over the this league and the smaller clubs and when they lose blame the ref or call the smaller club players dirty. steam Even though we are one of the fewer teams that do try to play football.

What makes me laugh is Sheff Utd have always been known for being a dirty team especially under Dave Bassett in the 90's. But because they lost to little ol' Oldham we are now the dirtier team (they were the ones who had two sent off).

Anyway rant over! Ale Ale Ale Ale Very Happy
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Blades Blunted! Empty Re: Blades Blunted!

Post by davidl1061 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 2:38 pm

How do you see Oldhams season ending? I havent really seen much of your team apart from the 20 seconds you get on late kick off!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:04 pm

Hopefully we will get the 2 wins (i think) will be enough to stay up.

We are the most consistent inconsistent team ever furious

We beat Sheff Utd then lost the next 4 games to teams I personally feel the side should be beating. We then won the next two and have gone and lost to Orient at home! mad

Oldham will probably beat Charlton and Sheff Wed then lose to the lower teams in the league!

The Club have just done a "Golden Ticket" offer for the last five home games at £15! Although the attendences for the games where higher than they would have been without the offer the results where won 1 drawn 1 lost 3.
The players have let the club down with the performances and unfortunately the crowd will be back down to 2500 - 3000 home fans. Any chance of new fans or deserted fans coming back because of the garbage on the pitch.

I see we play Bury away last game of the season. Could be a relegation decider Shocked
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 1:16 pm

We have Stevenage away the week after, are you not playing on the 5th May?

Hopefully we are finding some form again now, from being comfortably mid table to 3 points above the relegation zone was not good!!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:47 pm

sorry I meant last away game of the season, we play Carlisle at home on the 5th.

Same here, we had a good start to the season and then had our usual 'After xmas' slump.

As bad as the 2nd half of the season as been, we got to the JPT Northern final and went to Anfield away taking the lead infront of the Kop with 6000 blue army followers!

Hope you guys stay ( local derby) as well as Rochdale although they look doomed.

League 1 as always been southern dominated for as long as we have been in here. I think we are the longest serving league 1 club at the momnet Crying or Very sad
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:58 pm

We have the ability to stay up, its whether we have the mental toughness to keep battling, a part of me wants to see Dale go down because I am a Bury fan. However, anotyher part will miss the local derbies, even if we did get beat 2-4 at home, they are the best games and last season not having one was strange.

I would rather be the longest serving team in League 1, than playing in League 2 though!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down