The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I do not like the IW and Miami TMSs!

+10
jersey
ryan86
socal1976
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Henman Bill
barrystar
noleisthebest
laverfan
legendkillar
Tenez
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I do not like the IW and Miami TMSs!  - Page 2 Empty I do not like the IW and Miami TMSs!

Post by Tenez Wed 07 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's no news for some but here are the reasons:

1 - What do they bring on the table? We have had 9 months almost of consecutive HC....there is nothing else we want to know about HC...especially slow HC!
2 -Right I can understand one of the two...but 2 in a row? Let's say Djoko wins one...he is the best on HC! Then Murray wins the other...he is the new best player on HC? Erm
3 - It woudl be great to give Miami's slot to SOuth America. They really deserve a TMS with all the great players they have produced and it shoudl be on clay as a great introduction to the clay season!
4 - They are usually very windy, very hot and noisy. Remember that copter which hovered about the final in 2005 for a couple of sets!!!
5 - They sell us teh events as being a 2 weeks tournament when we know that everything happens in the last week. The last part of teh last week. Rip off!
6 - Last but not least, IW is owned by my former boss Larry Ellison, a megalo-maniac suggesting we should cycle to work when he owns the biggest private yacht in the world. He is also going to the gym and has face lift at 65+.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

I do not like the IW and Miami TMSs!  - Page 2 Empty Re: I do not like the IW and Miami TMSs!

Post by time please Sun 11 Mar 2012, 2:50 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
time please wrote:
lydian wrote:...you cant beat strawberries and cream at Wimbledon on a warm summer's day, quintessentially the best of British!

and buckets of Pimms to wash them down with Bubbly ...............and a ride home!

Grilled vegetables & seabass, mountain of fresh salad and a bowl of olives, icy-cold house white anywhere in European Med does it for me Smile

That will do it for me too!!! I think I am what is politely termed 'a foodie' and less politely: 'a glutton' Very Happy

time please

Back to top Go down

I do not like the IW and Miami TMSs!  - Page 2 Empty Re: I do not like the IW and Miami TMSs!

Post by polished_man Sun 11 Mar 2012, 3:06 pm

time please wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
time please wrote:
lydian wrote:...you cant beat strawberries and cream at Wimbledon on a warm summer's day, quintessentially the best of British!

and buckets of Pimms to wash them down with Bubbly ...............and a ride home!

Grilled vegetables & seabass, mountain of fresh salad and a bowl of olives, icy-cold house white anywhere in European Med does it for me Smile

That will do it for me too!!! I think I am what is politely termed 'a foodie' and less politely: 'a glutton' Very Happy

I consider myself both a foodie and a dark horse Whistle
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Sun 11 Mar 2012, 6:58 pm

Perhaps we should rename you enigmatic man? Wink

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 7:05 pm

time please wrote:Perhaps we should rename you enigmatic man? Wink

Nah...he's so obvious we could rename him into see-through man Wink

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:10 am

Laugh

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:36 am

noleisthebest wrote:
time please wrote:Perhaps we should rename you enigmatic man? Wink

Nah...he's so obvious we could rename him into see-through man Wink

When I teach tennis to a girl I always strongly reccommend to wear cotton panties, in adherence to etiquette, and I truly believe even the performance is enhanced..........
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:22 pm

I can't agree with this. When I tried this at Wimbledon once I was disappointed. Queuing up to pay about £3 for a tiny number of strawberries and a bit of runny cream in a plastic pot, all very mediocre and a real let down. All the more so since it was on my 30 before 30 list. Maybe it's better in the corporate section.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:36 pm

Yes...and at £8 the pint of pimms it doesn't quite taste so much fun!

I arrived too late! Must have been fun in the 70s/80s. SFP I am sure has a story about it! Wink

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2