The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eric Young- Contains Impact Spoilers

+3
Adam D
The Awesome Giz
Sarsippius
7 posters

Go down

Eric Young- Contains Impact Spoilers Empty Eric Young- Contains Impact Spoilers

Post by Sarsippius Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:23 am

Last Thursday on Impact, EY finally achieved his lifelong dream and won the title he has craved his entire wrestling career, he is now one half of the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champions! Now clearly TNA have no plans for him right now beyond comedy lower card but this may well be the sort of thing that kills any chance of ever being a main eventer. This got my thinking about EY and whether he has the tools to make it to the top. To me he showed a lot during his World Elite run to suggest if given the right gimmick and angle he could be a decent heel, and his natural likeability I think gives him the potential to be decent face. This leads me to ask a few questions to those of you that watch TNA.

Can Eric Young ever recover from being 1/2 of the Knockouts Tag Champs?

With better booking, could he have been a main eventer in TNA?

Should he stick to being a comedy face, as that is his maximum level and he knows that there will often be a place on the card for him as the fans seem to love him?

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Eric Young- Contains Impact Spoilers Empty Re: Eric Young- Contains Impact Spoilers

Post by The Awesome Giz Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:26 am

Won the Knockout tag titles? Is this a joke?

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Eric Young- Contains Impact Spoilers Empty Re: Eric Young- Contains Impact Spoilers

Post by Adam D Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:29 am

To be honest, yes he can recover.

Lets not forget that Santino Morella was the Divas champion for a while, and he is now the US champ.

ALthough he never will be the top guy, he is certainly getting the push of his life at the moment.

No reason why the same can't happen to Eric Young. Whether it will in TNA is another question - that I would likely answer, no to.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:33 am

I've always rated ey from day one and Tbh world elite was a better faction than any other in tna. They should have left continue that bit him winning the ko titles is a joke.

He could be something good but tna can't see it.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:05 pm

I think EY is absolutely brilliant - prmos are way better than anyone elses.

I love the guy, should be on more!!

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:05 am

I could EY getting a mid-card push. You could say he's lower-card, but he is there every single week, given the size of the TNA roster. That's a pretty big achievement.

Santino Marella wishes he was as good as EY OK

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:24 am

The Awesome Giz wrote:Won the Knockout tag titles? Is this a joke?

Sadly not. Doh

I know he's got a thing going with ODB but making him a Knockouts tag champion is just plain embarrassing IMO. I would've thought there were rules saying that men can't win womens' titles (and vice versa).

Then again, it was Sting's idea and was apparently a heat of the moment decision while he was in "Insane Icon" mode. Eric asked him backstage who would be ODB's partner for the match. Stinger smeared facepaint on Eric and said "You!".

Eric also proposed to her right after the match...though ODB ended up putting the ring on HIS finger. Laugh

Back on topic, I rate Young and think with his current "goofball" personality he could be a mid-card regular. Instead of having to mess around with the referees because he doesn't like fighting women, he could play pranks on his opponents. Even though TNA don't seem to have any plans for him, he does still get a lot of screen time, compared to some arguably bigger names (as someone already commented, the fans love him). Personally I see him as a tag team fighter and the sooner he's paired up with a suitable team mate and put on the road to the MEN's tag team championship the better. That ought to guarantee him a few main events at least.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:17 am

I love his current program with ODB, they just work with each other soooo well. The whole proposal thing was hilarious, and for the first time since I was a kid, I actually felt happy for the guy, suspending my disbelief for a few minutes.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down