The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onwards and upwards - France next

4 posters

Go down

Onwards and upwards - France next Empty Onwards and upwards - France next

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:41 pm

So ok two in-different performances in our last two games but we are still 4 from 4 and its France to stopping us from the Slam next week.

Should we make changes, overall no though even as one of his biggest critics over the past season or two I think R Jones can't be far off a starting spot but where. I wouldn't fancy him in the 2nd row against France next week and Lydiate was outstanding I thought today so that leaves the No8 slot, Faletau has had two quiet games of late but is Jones a starting No8 anymore?

For me I would make two changes both in the forwards - Ownes in for Rees and Charteris in for AWJ. I am giving Faletau benefit of doubt here but its close.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Onwards and upwards - France next Empty Re: Onwards and upwards - France next

Post by Dontheman Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:50 pm

I do like the fact that we have scored late in the game two or three times and holding up Strettle in overtime was pure magic. Shows we are getting the full 80 mins from the boys only a couple of years ago people were saying Wales only played for 60 mins. Was that a knock on from Bergamasco which led to the yellow?

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:00 pm

I put this on the match thread but repeat below:

Why bring on Hook with 2 mins to go when Preistland was krap all game also R Jones with 10mins to go when he has been Wales best forward over the first 3 games? We were slow to hit rucks, Italy out played Wales at the breakdown slowing down Wales ball and turned Wales over. For me Gethin is no captain I did not see him speaking to the ref about some of his decisions.

I am a bit concerned about team selection next week, Gatland will go with the same team if Warbs is not fit or worse pick Charteris to replace I Evans who has been great this 6N. 2/3rds of Wales back row were found lacking today at 6 and 8 but our 7 was MOTM in my opinion. Was AWJ playing today like last week he has not had enough time to get back to form hence I worry about Charteris for next week, I would go for I Evans and R Jones in the second row for their all round game.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:41 pm

I wouldn't muck about with the team too much. Italy played well and the referees interpretations of the laws at breakdown lacked any empathy. If Clancy was applying the letter of the law as he sees it he needs testing for dyslexia.

Lock, open side and hooker are the contentious positions.

We have great options, just need to pick one. I would personally play the following, if all fit.

Geth
Owens
Adam
Ryan
Evans
Lyds
Warbs
Toby
Phillips
Priestland
North
Roberts
Davies
Cuthbert
Halfpenny

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:44 pm

agree, but hike RP off if he is all over the place again, we have a very strong bench.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down