The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massive Pops.

4 posters

Go down

Massive Pops. Empty Massive Pops.

Post by Holymiky Mon 28 Mar 2011, 10:19 am

After watching different Videos last night on Youtube i was watching "Biggest Pops" etc.

Now i'm not going to lie some of them were crazy, i even watched Rocky return recently and his pop was massive, and it was more of a Roaring cheer then a screaming cheer, if that makes any sense.

Then i magically remembered i had Wrestlemania 17 on my hardrive and was like hmmm! Lets watch!

Anwyays i watched the TLC 2 match and was estatic by the match quality and the pops for the spots in the match were awesome, especially the spear off the ladder from Edge and the Swanton off the ladder! Some of the bumps taken were crazy. You just don't see the kind of pops and appreciation big spots should be getting nowadays.

So i was wondering...

How do you think Crowds have changed these days? Is this because the product is aimed at a younger audience and they don't catch on as quickly to certain spots or appreciate them as much as adults do? Or is it another reason which i would like to hear from you guys on!?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Massive Pops. Empty Re: Massive Pops.

Post by whatwindturbine Mon 28 Mar 2011, 10:27 am

Partly it's just law of diminishing reactions - You know at a ladder match now there will be spots like this. At the time it was still a shock to see Jeff Hardy fly from the top of that ladder. Bear in mind that was TLC 2 and now they're so frequent there's a PPV for them...

I agree with your point about the deeper cheer for the Rock - and similarly in Cena matches the 'Let's go Cena' chant is a lot higher than the 'Cena Sucks' that inevitably follows!

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 28 Mar 2011, 10:36 am

Is it possible to tell these days - we all know that the sound engineers in the trucks alter things for the TV.

I would imagine the return of the Warrior must be up there for genuine, untampered with pops.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Madrox Mon 28 Mar 2011, 10:40 am

The pop at Canadian Stampede for The Hart Foundation was surreal to the point where you could barely hear Bret Harts theme.

I guess I would have to say that we've pretty much seen it all and kind of expect it to happen that its a case of whoopdedoo

Madrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 28 Mar 2011, 10:41 am

An example of massive pops was at the Rumble when both Diesel and Booker returned to the ring.

There was more of an adult audience it seemed and the general pop was a deeper but louder and a bigger pop throughout thier cameos.

Also when Booker was about to do the Spinaroonie i thought the crowd reaction he got off of it was amazing.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down