The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Scotland Squad v Italy

+26
George Carlin
justified sinner
RDW
IanBru
MacKnocked-on
poddy89
Pat_Mustard
cp10
nickj
sensisball
funnyExiledScot
TJ1
123456789
21st Century Schizoid Man
123skelm
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
albaook
RuggerRadge2611
Imperialbigdave
eirebilly
JLyall
alive555
bsando
SGD prop
Cymroglan
KickAndChase
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Out of interest, what will the ACTUAL result be?

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap6%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap3%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap0%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap0%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap0%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap15%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap3%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap3%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap21%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap21%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap21%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap6%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap3%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap0%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_lcap0%Your Scotland Squad v Italy Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 34
 
 

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by KickAndChase Sun 11 Mar 2012, 11:13 pm

Alright Scots lads (and any lasses) it's that time of year again, when we all sit round, grab a beer (or 6) and watch the pinnacle of wooden spoon rugby, the experts of choke, also-rans and "we nearly beat them this time". Those magnificent 2 teams in the 6 nations that roll their 32 sided die at competition time and see if they'll upset any of the other 4 teams (with all other 28 slots reserved for 'only try against Italy/Scotland - delete as appropriate). My my, it has come round so fast. Super Saturday match no.1 (also known as "well we have to make the first match of Super Saturday in *some* way watchable by knowing it'll be a wooden spoon fest" ... indeed I won't go into how drawing up the fixture list in this way often FORCES this fixture to be so, because that is the power of psychology). The drama awaits. The knock ons beckon. The rock solid defence is ready to crumble. Andrew Cotter can't sleep.

Rome is booming this year, but WHAT will indeed commence? Probably a snooze fest intermingled with some poor defending allowing for the occasional try. But what is certain is we'll have our heads in hands, as is tradition, all over again.

WHAT Scotland team would you pick if you were Robinson? Okay not if you were Robinson because we all know he will do something like surprise us all and actually pick Matt Scott, albeit at 9, move Blair out of the XXII completely, put Cusiter on the wing, move Lamont to 10 in a bid to get him to play everywhere before retirement and bench Laidlaw only to not use him anyway. [And that's just the backline, don't get me started on the positional switch he decides is a masterstroke regarding Richie Gray] but if you were head coach of your own right?

Here's mine:

1 Jacobsen
2 Ford [C - only for consistency's sake]
3 Welsh
4 Gray
5 Hamilton
6 Harley
7 Rennie
8 Denton
9 Blair
10 Laidlaw
11 Lamont
12 Scott
13 De Luca
14 Jones
15 Hogg
16 Murray
17 Lawson
18 Kellock
19 Barclay
20 Weir
21 Morrison
22 Thompson [come on, was S Lamont seriously covering FB last game?]

Game plan: GO OUT AND PLAY BOYS. If you are doing well you ain't getting subbed off - promise.

KickAndChase

Posts : 738
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 34
Location : That really depends

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by Cymroglan Sun 11 Mar 2012, 11:19 pm

I have actually enjoyed watching Scotland play this year. You play entertaining rugby but let yourself down by making silly basic errors.

Cymroglan

Posts : 4171
Join date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by SGD prop Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:09 am

Assuming everyone above is fit I would be quite happy with the starting team apart from the front row. Not sure I like Jacobson to be up against the Italian front row after the other games in the 6N so far, but what can you change??

Well if you are going to have Murray there you have to start him as in my opinion as he is not a great impact player as he does not do enough round the pitch. So I would either start him and Welsh or choose a different bench option.

As for the bench there does not seem to be much impact there and lets be honest what have we got to lose from trying things out now ? The question is who is there to try ??



SGD prop

Posts : 76
Join date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by bsando Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:40 am

2000 - 5th
2001 - 3rd
2002 - 4th
2003 - 4th
2004 - 6th
2005 - 5th
2006 - 3rd
2007 - 6th
2008 - 5th
2009 - 5th
2010 - 5th
2011 - 5th
2012 - ?

Potentially about to finish 5th for the 5th time in a row, gosh its great to be a Scottish fan Rolling Eyes Good thing I support Aus too Wink

bsando

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 35
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by alive555 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:22 am

Jacobsen look overweight and totally off form

who else can we bring in there ?

alive555

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2011-10-01
Location : Bangkok

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by JLyall Mon 12 Mar 2012, 5:17 am

15. Hogg - no competition here
14. Jones if fit, S. Lamont if not
13. De Luca - much better footballer than Lamont at 13, having the Edinburgh axis at 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 could also be invaluable
12. Scott - far better option than Morrison, promising youngster and key part of Edinburgh's high-scoring backline
11. Evans - scores tries, always dangerous
10. Laidlaw - deserves to keep his place and hopefully launch more attacking rugby
9. Blair - the form 9
1. Chunk - in need of a big game, form dropped this 6 nations but relatively little cover
2. Ford
3. Murray - will need a big shift from him in the scrum
4. Hamilton - excellent 6 nations, really impressed me with his work about the field
5. Gray - just gets better and better
6. Barclay/Harley - not too concerned who gets the nod here, but I woudn't mind seeing Harley get a shot, though I imagine his chance will come on the summer tour
7. Rennie - probably the first name on the team sheet
8. Denton - shoe-in

Subs:

Lawson
Cross/Welsh
Kellock
Vernon
Cusiter
Weir
Lamont/Thompson to provide better cover for 15

I still believe Scotland are on the right track, and that Robinson is the right man for the job; unfortunately they seem to be a fundamentally stupid rugby team. The number of silly mistakes and poor decisions they make is unforgivable, and they seldom go unpunished at this level. Until they learn to simmer down, take the right option, and be more clinical, Scotland will continue to be an infuriating team which tends to fall agonisingly short.

Also, to pick up on a lot of the understandable criticism for Robinson et al, I don't think you can really blame the coaching staff for a lot of the poor decisions that are made on the pitch. Things like the missed tackles on Trinh-Duc, Malzieu and Reddan (amongst others) that led to tries, taking a quick tap off a mark, making the wrong decision at a penalty, giving the ball to a prop instead of spinning wide, are all down to the players themselves. These are all things that have cost Scotland in the past few games, all were easily avoidable, but for some reason our players don't think/are too naiive/too excitable/too inexperienced/are just too plain daft to make the right call. Poor lineouts, a retreating scrum, the lack of a cutting edge, all fair complaints to level at the management, but I think it's pretty unfair to attribute blame for these incidents to the coaches.

JLyall

Posts : 29
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by KickAndChase Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:59 am

RE: above posts - I agree that the bench I suggested has no impact, you're right... I guess I'm too used to what I expect out of Robinson ! Unfortunately in Robinson's head this match is *everything* to lose ... as bsando said we have come 5th 4 years in a row. To come 6th, losing to Italy even in Rome, even Robinson could not claim is not going backwards (I would have said not getting out of our world cup group is in the same shape of problem but they you are)

You could put Grove instead of Morrsion (!) but he's not even in the squad...I guess due to R Lamont there's a place for him but I'd rather Thompson took that. start Murray and put Welsh (btw also not in the squad) on the bench as he can cover both sides (or indeed put Jacobsen on the bench - when he is fit he does a lot in the loose - maybe a better 60-80 minute player). You could have Dougie Hall in there instead if you felt like having a laugh. Ryder in for Kellock. McKenzie for Barclay.

Paterson out of retirement? There's not much we can do about that backline. Cuthbert anyone? Shingler?

KickAndChase

Posts : 738
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 34
Location : That really depends

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by eirebilly Mon 12 Mar 2012, 7:02 am

Scotland must be the most frustrating international team to watch. The quality is there, the line breaks are there its just not working somehow. For years i have thought this and waited for the Scots to click and go on a streak.

I do like AR and feel that if he had a decent attacks coach then Scotland would be ok. I am still massively confused as to why he took Rennie off so early on Saturday though, the game was still there for Scotland and he took off one of your main linebreaking threats.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Posts : 24807
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 53
Location : Milan

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by Imperialbigdave Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:01 am

I think Thompson needs to be brought in as bench cover due to his versatility, but also because he brings something different. Hes a very intelligent player, who may not be the quickest or strongest, but reads the game better than most. Criminal that Cuthbert has been capped and Thompson hasnt.

Welsh also must get a cap, if hes excluded again, there can be no excuses from Robinson.

Scott should be involved again aswell. A bad knock on with his first touch, but that shouldnt exclude him. He was in the right position to break through on that occasion and for Lamonts dodgy offload, hell learn.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Posts : 1353
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : too far away

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:11 am

1. Welsh
2. Ford
3. Kalman
4. Gray
5. Hamilton
6. Harley
7. Rennie
8. Denton

9. Blair
10. Laidlaw
11. S.Lamont
12. Scott
13. NDL
14. Thompson (Jones I don't think will have recovered)
15. Hogg

It's time to go for it. AR's only chance of keeping his job will be to take risks and hope they pay off.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 7194
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 39
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by albaook Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:46 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:1. Welsh
2. Ford
3. Kalman
4. Gray
5. Hamilton
6. Harley
7. Rennie
8. Denton

9. Blair
10. Laidlaw
11. S.Lamont
12. Scott
13. NDL
14. Thompson (Jones I don't think will have recovered)
15. Hogg
Your Scotland Squad v Italy 1347041234
It's time to go for it. AR's only chance of keeping his job will be to take risks and hope they pay off.

That team looks good. My only worry would be tight head. Maybe a case to have Murray starting given the strength of the Italian front row. Is Moray Low injured, out of form, or just being over looked at the moment?

albaook

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-03-08
Location : Fife

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:59 am

1. Welsh
2. Ford
3. Murray
4. Gray
5. Hamilton
6. Harley
7. Rennie
8. Denton

9. Blair
10. Weir
11. S.Lamont
12. Scott
13. NDL
14. Evans
15. Hogg

Subs: S Lawson, Cross, Kellock, Barclay, Laidlaw, Jackson, Grove

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Posts : 14129
Join date : 2011-03-26
Age : 111
Location : Devon/London

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:15 am

I think Iain Morrison has been reading v2! From the Hootsman:

After cameo it could be time for Matt Scott to get start at fly-half
Matt Scott: May be the answer at fly-half.


by Iain Morrison

SIFTING around in the wreckage of Scotland’s car crash performance in Dublin it is no easier to find any shards of positive news now than it was in the immediate aftermath of the event.

For all the effort put in, Scotland were hopelessly poor in so many basic aspects of the match, from set-piece play to simple things like passing the ball in front of the runner rather than making him pause to collect a ball that is fired two feet behind him. Three forward passes in the opening half alone point to a lack of accuracy as the Scots ran through the phases or, arguably, just a lack of concentration, although it’s difficult to know which is worse.

Greig Laidlaw still looks like a scrum-half playing at fly-half which is hardly surprising since that is exactly what he is. Several times, when the Scots were building a head of steam inside the Irish 22, he kicked the ball aimlessly away. It’s not his fault that Scotland have no one better to fill the role but Laidlaw remains a liability in defence, he is short of pace when caught in the wide open spaces and crucially he lacks a kicking game from hand of sufficient length for the international game.

Ireland scored that crucial try immediately before half-time because the Scots won the ball at a breakdown on the 22, the pass went back to Laidlaw standing near his own try line and the little man kicked the ball out on or around the Scotland 22 for a net gain of nil.

Test teams need someone who can comfortably hoof the ball half the length of the field and preferably a little longer than that, turning defence into attack with one swing of the leg. Being pinned down inside your own half for long stretches of a match not only invites mistakes and penalties but it is also utterly demoralising, which is why Dan Parks boasts 67 caps to his name.

With Chris Cusiter curiously out of sorts again in Dublin, Laidlaw may well be Scotland’s second choice scrum-half, but the experiment of playing him at ten has probably run its course and either Ruaridh Jackson or Duncan Weir should start in Rome.

Jackson stands flatter, attacks the line a bit better than Weir, and he is ahead of his rival in Andy Robinson’s pecking order, but the younger man kicks beautifully from hand and, if the Scottish forwards were given a vote, Weir might just get the shirt on that basis. The younger man also has the added benefit of kicking goals from anywhere in the opposition half and sometimes even his own end of the field, while Jackson remains hit and miss in front of the posts.

If Robinson were thinking outside the box, there is one other name to throw into the fly-half mix...Matt Scott. The poor man is still an apprentice at Edinburgh although not, you suspect, for very much longer. He has played all his rugby this season in the centre so it may be asking too much of him to slot into the play-maker role in Rome, but he grew up playing fly-half and he has many more hours in that position than any other.

His background in the No 10 shirt means that the former Currie player boasts all the skills of a Kiwi-style second five eighth, with excellent distribution and a kicking game to boot. In their final Heineken pool match against London Irish he latched on to a Roddy Grant break and threw a long looping inch-perfect pass off his weaker left hand to Tim Visser for a try only to be called back for a previous infringement.

Scott is pretty solid in defence and he is deceptively quick off the mark, as several defenders have discovered a little too late this season. He is exactly the sort of heads-up, intelligent rugby player that Scotland have been crying out for and, if Robinson does not see him as the answer at ten, having a natural second receiver on the field at inside centre is a boon for all the times the regular fly-half is caught out of position or just out of puff.

A midfield of Weir/Jackson, Scott and De Luca, if he has recovered from the tight hamstring that prevented him from taking the field in Dublin, with its mix of pace and power, would surely pose the Italian defence more problems than Ireland faced on Saturday in Dublin.

There was talk of Scott starting in Rome even before his brief cameo performance in Dublin, and Robinson must be tempted to throw him into the fray next Saturday. The coach is savvy enough to know that he will be forgiven for losing to Italy if there are signs of progress in this team – and many of their problems clearly still originate where they always did, in the midfield.

I would love to see a midfield of Weir - Scott - de Luca

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Posts : 14129
Join date : 2011-03-26
Age : 111
Location : Devon/London

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:21 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:I think Iain Morrison has been reading v2! From the Hootsman:

After cameo it could be time for Matt Scott to get start at fly-half
Matt Scott: May be the answer at fly-half.


by Iain Morrison

SIFTING around in the wreckage of Scotland’s car crash performance in Dublin it is no easier to find any shards of positive news now than it was in the immediate aftermath of the event.

For all the effort put in, Scotland were hopelessly poor in so many basic aspects of the match, from set-piece play to simple things like passing the ball in front of the runner rather than making him pause to collect a ball that is fired two feet behind him. Three forward passes in the opening half alone point to a lack of accuracy as the Scots ran through the phases or, arguably, just a lack of concentration, although it’s difficult to know which is worse.

Greig Laidlaw still looks like a scrum-half playing at fly-half which is hardly surprising since that is exactly what he is. Several times, when the Scots were building a head of steam inside the Irish 22, he kicked the ball aimlessly away. It’s not his fault that Scotland have no one better to fill the role but Laidlaw remains a liability in defence, he is short of pace when caught in the wide open spaces and crucially he lacks a kicking game from hand of sufficient length for the international game.

Ireland scored that crucial try immediately before half-time because the Scots won the ball at a breakdown on the 22, the pass went back to Laidlaw standing near his own try line and the little man kicked the ball out on or around the Scotland 22 for a net gain of nil.

Test teams need someone who can comfortably hoof the ball half the length of the field and preferably a little longer than that, turning defence into attack with one swing of the leg. Being pinned down inside your own half for long stretches of a match not only invites mistakes and penalties but it is also utterly demoralising, which is why Dan Parks boasts 67 caps to his name.

With Chris Cusiter curiously out of sorts again in Dublin, Laidlaw may well be Scotland’s second choice scrum-half, but the experiment of playing him at ten has probably run its course and either Ruaridh Jackson or Duncan Weir should start in Rome.

Jackson stands flatter, attacks the line a bit better than Weir, and he is ahead of his rival in Andy Robinson’s pecking order, but the younger man kicks beautifully from hand and, if the Scottish forwards were given a vote, Weir might just get the shirt on that basis. The younger man also has the added benefit of kicking goals from anywhere in the opposition half and sometimes even his own end of the field, while Jackson remains hit and miss in front of the posts.

If Robinson were thinking outside the box, there is one other name to throw into the fly-half mix...Matt Scott. The poor man is still an apprentice at Edinburgh although not, you suspect, for very much longer. He has played all his rugby this season in the centre so it may be asking too much of him to slot into the play-maker role in Rome, but he grew up playing fly-half and he has many more hours in that position than any other.

His background in the No 10 shirt means that the former Currie player boasts all the skills of a Kiwi-style second five eighth, with excellent distribution and a kicking game to boot. In their final Heineken pool match against London Irish he latched on to a Roddy Grant break and threw a long looping inch-perfect pass off his weaker left hand to Tim Visser for a try only to be called back for a previous infringement.

Scott is pretty solid in defence and he is deceptively quick off the mark, as several defenders have discovered a little too late this season. He is exactly the sort of heads-up, intelligent rugby player that Scotland have been crying out for and, if Robinson does not see him as the answer at ten, having a natural second receiver on the field at inside centre is a boon for all the times the regular fly-half is caught out of position or just out of puff.

A midfield of Weir/Jackson, Scott and De Luca, if he has recovered from the tight hamstring that prevented him from taking the field in Dublin, with its mix of pace and power, would surely pose the Italian defence more problems than Ireland faced on Saturday in Dublin.

There was talk of Scott starting in Rome even before his brief cameo performance in Dublin, and Robinson must be tempted to throw him into the fray next Saturday. The coach is savvy enough to know that he will be forgiven for losing to Italy if there are signs of progress in this team – and many of their problems clearly still originate where they always did, in the midfield.

I would love to see a midfield of Weir - Scott - de Luca

Braveheart

I'm not sure Asbo, Weir is perhaps not as clever a play maker as Jackson. I think playing Weir is perhaps a mistake and if we want to play the attacking game, Jackson should maybe get the nod. Having said that Weir was instrumental in Scotland A's demolition of the Saxons. I would be happy to see him start but Laidlaw has done ok for Scotland and I feel it would be a shame to drop him without giving him a chance with play makers outside him.

A sad state of affairs when the A team has provided the only glimmer of hope in a 6N we all want to forget.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 7194
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 39
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by 123skelm Mon 12 Mar 2012, 7:23 pm

RR

I think your wrong regarding Jackson better play maker, Mr Weir is learning all the time as you imply with his performance at the A game.

As you also point out is something I have said here and other sites who have you got around you at 10 makes the job a lot easier, but so does the calls, I know but that comes with experience.

Mr AR has a lot of thinking to do I just wish we had stronger 13,14,to put on to help the backs cause? Continue with Hogg for obvious reasons and move Laidlaw to 9.

123skelm

Posts : 74
Join date : 2012-01-10

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:03 pm

6-3 to Scotland- a triumph that will save Knob Robinson mad
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Posts : 3564
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by 123456789 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:08 pm

1. Welsh
2. Ford
3. Murray
4. Gray
5. Hamilton
6. Harley/ MacInally/ Barclay
7. Rennie
8. Denton
9. Blair
10. Weir
11. Jones
12. Scott
13. De Luca
14. Evans/ Lamont
15. Hogg

I have a feeling this will be the team or something very close 5 games too late


123456789

Posts : 1841
Join date : 2011-11-13

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by TJ1 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:26 pm

Robinson will not play Weir - he cannot having dropped him from the squad completely as it would mean admitting that was wrong. If its not laidlaw it will be Jackson

TJ1

Posts : 2666
Join date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 12 Mar 2012, 9:48 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:1. Welsh
2. Ford
3. Murray
4. Gray
5. Hamilton
6. Harley
7. Rennie
8. Denton

9. Blair
10. Weir
11. S.Lamont
12. Scott
13. NDL
14. Evans
15. Hogg

Subs: S Lawson, Cross, Kellock, Barclay, Laidlaw, Jackson, Grove

Braveheart

Close to where I come out. I'd ignore Murray and start Cross, with Jacobsen on the bench to come on. Murray was a colossal disappointment coming off the bench. He made zero impact, and faired the same if not worse than Cross (and Cross is the better player around the park). I backed Murray to start against Ireland but on his showing off the bench he may well be done in a Scotland jersey. He doesn't play half the games because of his beliefs then when he does play he scrummages like a wet blanket and doesn't show up in the loose. Agree that Welsh should feature, either on the bench or starting at loosehead.

I'd also keep Laidlaw at 10 and replace Jackson on the bench with Weir. I'd include Jim Thompson or Tom Brown on the bench as the extra back along with Alex Grove. No need for scrum half cover with Laidlaw at 10, he can shift across. I'd also replace Barclay on then bench for Vernon, if only to stop Robinson replacing Rennie.

More than anything I think Robinson should be banned from making any substitutions. Taking off Cross, Hamilton and Rennie had a horrible effect on the side.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 17065
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 43
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by 123skelm Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:07 pm

TJ

Your probably correct, unfortunately.

123skelm

Posts : 74
Join date : 2012-01-10

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:34 am

123skelm wrote:
I think your wrong regarding Jackson better play maker, Mr Weir is learning all the time as you imply with his performance at the A game.
+1

On the evidence of the A game and last year's JWC, Meatball is more than capable of playing a varied game at flyhalf, mixing up taking the ball up himself, kicking from hand and releasing his backline - sometimes I feel that the Glasgow tactics have not helped him at all and he's looked more babyParks than babyRutherford

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Posts : 14129
Join date : 2011-03-26
Age : 111
Location : Devon/London

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by sensisball Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:47 am

Robinson has backed himself into a corner by his non-selection of Welsh and Harley and by dropping Weir.
Jackson looked really short of match practice when he came on, throwing poor passes out wide and not offering much in the way of a running threat. His kicking from hand was also poor.
Surely, because he knows he will NEVER be sacked by the SRU, he will stick to his stubborn guns and not play the obvious, in form, choices (Welsh and Harley) that could make the difference. Barclay is about the third choice 6 at the Warriors.

I suspect that Danielli may find himself back on the wing because of his "experience" rather than the likes of Jim Thomson, a player who AR has steadfastly refused to promote to the national squad for reasons best known only to himself. Even though Danielli's club form has been, much like that of Max Evan's, woeful this season.

With Jacobsen, Cross and Murray as our props we will be under massive pressure at scrum time. We will cough up loads of penalties some of which Bergemasco will punish and then we will be playing catch up.

At that point Jackson will be brought on to show us his non existent running skills and we will make even more errors, allowing Italy to close out a comfortable win.

sensisball

Posts : 958
Join date : 2011-02-17
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by nickj Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:31 am

I am really worried about the weekend and I think this 6N's has been a bit of a right off since the England game.

The positive thing is that we've blooded a cracking set of new players and they've looked good. They have got lots to learn and they've all got their weaknesses.

I don't think we'll see many changes to the line up, nor a start for Scott. There is too much at stake for Robinson. Iain Morrison is loopy if he thinks Scott will start at 10. Grooming him into a 12 has been a long term plan and it's working well.

Personally I think the Ireland game was a blip in terms of performance. Or at least I hope it was because if we play like we did this weekend we will deserve the spoon.

I think we'll see the following team:

Jacobsen
Ford
Cross
Hamilton
Gray
Vernon
Rennie
Denton
Blair
Laidlaw
Lamont
Morrison
De Luca
Evans
Hogg

S Lawson, Welsh, Kellock, Barclay, Cusiter, Jackson and Scott

C'mon Scotland (and bring on the summer tour!!!!)

nickj

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 13 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm

Three players have been added to the Scotland squad training for their final RBS 6 Nations Championship game against Italy in Rome on Saturday.

They are Alex Grove (pictured), the 24-year-old, three times capped Worcester Warriors centre; Jack Cuthbert (Bath Rugby), 24, the full-back/wing who won his solitary cap to date against Ireland in the EMC Test last August; and Peter Murchie, the uncapped, 26-year-old Glasgow Warriors full-back/centre.

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Posts : 14129
Join date : 2011-03-26
Age : 111
Location : Devon/London

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by cp10 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

TJ wrote:Robinson will not play Weir - he cannot having dropped him from the squad completely as it would mean admitting that was wrong. If its not laidlaw it will be Jackson

Weir wasn't picked as he was at his sisters wedding. Somethings are more important than rugby!

cp10

Posts : 286
Join date : 2012-01-05
Location : Shit stirring somewhere

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

No matter what Happens Morrison will play at 12. His try saving tackle against Ireland in AR's eyes will merit his selection.

I can't begin to fathom how noone in the Scotland camp can notice the reason we are struggling is because Morrison and Lamont are flair Vaccums who hoover up all the time and space that NDL and our exciting wingers and full backs thrive on.

The Scotland A back division that cuffed the Saxons should be given a chance. Wit the exception of Weir (sisters wedding) and Danielli (better players).
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 7194
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 39
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by Pat_Mustard Tue 13 Mar 2012, 12:48 pm

Surprised to see Murchie being called up! Grove/Cuthbert obviously needed as cover, the injury list in that article is a bit worrying:

Full-back Stuart Hogg (shoulder and groin), centre/wing Max Evans (calf), scrum-half Mike Blair (shoulder) and flanker John Barclay (ribs) are “all improving” according to Scotland team doctor James Robson and are likely to do some training this afternoon.

Nick De Luca, the Edinburgh Rugby centre who missed the match in Dublin with a hamstring problem, is also making progress.

Dr Robson added that wing Lee Jones had returned home to Selkirk last night after the head injury he had sustained on Saturday. “He is doing well. He will have a few days’ rest and recovery and will be assessed later in the week. He is ruled out of Saturday’s match against Italy.”

Pat_Mustard

Posts : 601
Join date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1:34 pm

Peter Murchie??? Oh good God!!

Fully support Alex Grove being involved though. An underrated player. Great defence and good footballing skills. A very sharp and direct runner. If NDL doesn't make it then Grove should play 13. Evans didn't work at 13, he's better left on the wing to replace Jones, a similar style of player.

Hopefully Sean Lamont has been working on charging down conversions this week. His "have it" moment was pretty much the highlight of the game for Scotland fans.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 17065
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 43
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1:40 pm

Do you think they meant to call Dunbar, but somehow got him confused with Murchie?!

Cuthbert - woefully out of form, just about makes Bath A team

I've now reached the stage of simply laughing at Robinson's utterly bizarre selections - I've come thru furious , gone past mad , dropped briefly into Sad , but am now happily at Laugh

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Posts : 14129
Join date : 2011-03-26
Age : 111
Location : Devon/London

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

Real vote of confidence for Alex Dunbar and Colin Shaw. Not sure what Cuthbert has done this season to be deemed a better player than those two. If it's fullback cover Robinson wants, then what's wrong with Jim Thompson or Tom Brown??

Am dreading Saturday, at least the first match.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 17065
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 43
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 13 Mar 2012, 7:06 pm

Is it not because the giant buffoon is from Bath like giant knob Robinson. WTF cares anyway. Beginning to hope they get 'effin horsed and that will give them no option but to sack the ersehole. mad
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Posts : 3564
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by poddy89 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 7:40 pm

i dont see the backs being mixed up to much, but think we could see a new centre partnership with scott and de luca or possibly grove. think it will be blair and laidlaw that get the half back start.

and as for the forwards i dont want to see him near the squad - when i was growing up and knew how physical and fit i had to be to survive up in the higher leauges i always looked at him and thought to myself how can some beer bellied drunk be playing for scotland, desperately need to get some new props in,

dead weight has to go!! and this includes townsend he is absolutely terrible and kills any attacking back thats on form and isnt it just great that he will coach glasgow.


poddy89

Posts : 126
Join date : 2011-12-27

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by KickAndChase Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:07 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Hopefully Sean Lamont has been working on charging down conversions this week. His "have it" moment was pretty much the highlight of the game for Scotland fans.

I just watched a replay and shouted "HAVE IT" when he kicks it and can't stop giggling.

KickAndChase

Posts : 738
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 34
Location : That really depends

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by JLyall Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:18 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:No matter what Happens Morrison will play at 12. His try saving tackle against Ireland in AR's eyes will merit his selection.

I can't begin to fathom how noone in the Scotland camp can notice the reason we are struggling is because Morrison and Lamont are flair Vaccums who hoover up all the time and space that NDL and our exciting wingers and full backs thrive on.

The Scotland A back division that cuffed the Saxons should be given a chance. Wit the exception of Weir (sisters wedding) and Danielli (better players).

I hope not! He has the odd good game, eg vs France, but he just ain't good enough to be an international 12. He's there to get over the gain line, and be a physical presence in an otherwise small backline. This he usually fails to do and invariably ends up getting put on his backside because he can't seem to take contact properly, at speed or with the correct body position. His distribution is poor, he runs sideways a lot and I don't think he has the rugby brain to play 12 at this level.

I would much rather have a real footballer like De Luca at 12, hopefully with Ansbro outside him when fit, or a Scott-De Luca partnership at centre. Evans, for me, is a much better winger than a centre, and Lamont - although he does a job at 12 - should really be kept to the wing.

I agree with the general consensus re Cuthbert, would have preferred Jim Thompson, who can really play, to get the call-up. No real reason to change the half-backs, Blair is on great form and Laidlaw deserves to keep his place, though I think Weir may well overtake him in the coming months.

JLyall

Posts : 29
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by MacKnocked-on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:44 pm

I'd like to see Grove playing, didn't he play at 12 in the win over Australia? He's renowned as one of the safest defenders in his position in England and he's a better attacking player than Morrison. It's a shame that Ansbro has missed the entire Six Nations, hopefully he will recover from his injury in time for the summer tour. I feel that with Scott, Ansbro, Bennett, Grove etc available soon we could possibly play De Luca on the wing as he's a good broken field runner.

MacKnocked-on

Posts : 1274
Join date : 2012-01-24

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:47 pm

Aye and Ross Ford is a Grade A cretin for a captain too ! mad
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Posts : 3564
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by IanBru Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:09 pm

I have to say, for those who were calling for Scott ahead of Morrison, the evidence of the two from the Italy game couldn't have been more different.

Morrison carried well, made some nice turnovers and prevented a certain try.
Scott knocked on twice.

I'm not saying that Scott will never be the right guy to play 12, just that he isn't our best 12 at the moment.
IanBru
IanBru

Posts : 2909
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 35
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by RDW Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:21 pm

To be fair, he knocked on once and the 2nd one was passed behind him and he had no chance of catching it!

Considering he was the 24th man and had only been brought in to the squad a few days before, you wouldn't expect much from him.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32884
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by justified sinner Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

Didn't think Morrison had a good game on Saturday. Stats back me up P 6 R 7 for 17 m Pens conceded 3 highest number of any Scots player. Scott wasn't good either when he came on, but out of position in his first test deserves another go.

justified sinner

Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:05 pm

Just watched the first half again, and some observations:
*Ferris has an uncanny knack of being where defensive gaps appear in Ireland's line - we could do with kind of player, normally we have Brown but Barclay doesn't read the game like a true blindside
* Ireland's first try comes from S Lamont shuffling across cos he thinks Ireland will attach the 10 channel - sucker, they knew we'd prepare for that, and instead go blind for the aping hole for Best to charge thru
* Ireland's second try comes from S Lamont trying to knock Reddan into touch instead of tackle him; unfortunately for him, Blair is on Reddan's other side about to tackle him, and keeps Reddan in play as Lamont shoots over the top!
* restart brain -fart caused the third try just before half-time, Jones could easily have kicked it himself, his pass to Hogg was weak, so Hogg has to run, and then Jones's tackle was atrocious
* Since we advised Steadman that he was no longer required our defence has become a shambles, what a communications bollix that was

That is all, off to watch the second half, large Whisky in hand

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Posts : 14129
Join date : 2011-03-26
Age : 111
Location : Devon/London

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by sensisball Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:17 pm

Can you imagine if Hogg is injured and Robinson picks Cuthbert for 15?
With our defence leaking like a seive, the Azzuri will run rings round a donkey like the Bath man. Oh i forgot he's played from Bath, same as Robbo, so he must be quality!!!!

It really is almost beyond being a joke.

sensisball

Posts : 958
Join date : 2011-02-17
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:20 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
That is all, off to watch the second half, large Whisky in hand


Don't know how you can do it. I deleted the match recording immediately.

Enjoy the scrummaging and the lineout - it's a real highlight.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 17065
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 43
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by 123456789 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm

IanBru wrote:I have to say, for those who were calling for Scott ahead of Morrison, the evidence of the two from the Italy game couldn't have been more different.

Morrison carried well, made some nice turnovers and prevented a certain try.
Scott knocked on twice.

I'm not saying that Scott will never be the right guy to play 12, just that he isn't our best 12 at the moment.

Yes but we need to look to the future, Matt Scott is a better distributor and wasn't playing in his second or first choice position. We need to to get rid of average players that won't make 2015, they weren't good enough in 2011 why would they be four years later?
On club form Morrison has often struggled to get into the Glasgow team and Scott has become a crucial part of an Edinburgh team which won their group.

I think we should pick him and weir therefore they can swap around a lot if Weir can't get the backline moving if Lamont is picked (which he probably will considering Jones is injured) on the wing he can take a longer run if they want a crash, he could also free up space and make ground outside him as well as run decoys, in the modern age of big wingers there is no need for a crash 12.

123456789

Posts : 1841
Join date : 2011-11-13

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 14 Mar 2012, 8:24 am

123456789 wrote:
IanBru wrote:I have to say, for those who were calling for Scott ahead of Morrison, the evidence of the two from the Italy game couldn't have been more different.

Morrison carried well, made some nice turnovers and prevented a certain try.
Scott knocked on twice.

I'm not saying that Scott will never be the right guy to play 12, just that he isn't our best 12 at the moment.

Yes but we need to look to the future, Matt Scott is a better distributor and wasn't playing in his second or first choice position. We need to to get rid of average players that won't make 2015, they weren't good enough in 2011 why would they be four years later?
On club form Morrison has often struggled to get into the Glasgow team and Scott has become a crucial part of an Edinburgh team which won their group.


I think we should pick him and weir therefore they can swap around a lot if Weir can't get the backline moving if Lamont is picked (which he probably will considering Jones is injured) on the wing he can take a longer run if they want a crash, he could also free up space and make ground outside him as well as run decoys, in the modern age of big wingers there is no need for a crash 12.
+1

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Posts : 14129
Join date : 2011-03-26
Age : 111
Location : Devon/London

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:02 am

JLyall wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:No matter what Happens Morrison will play at 12. His try saving tackle against Ireland in AR's eyes will merit his selection.

I can't begin to fathom how noone in the Scotland camp can notice the reason we are struggling is because Morrison and Lamont are flair Vaccums who hoover up all the time and space that NDL and our exciting wingers and full backs thrive on.

The Scotland A back division that cuffed the Saxons should be given a chance. Wit the exception of Weir (sisters wedding) and Danielli (better players).

I hope not! He has the odd good game, eg vs France, but he just ain't good enough to be an international 12. He's there to get over the gain line, and be a physical presence in an otherwise small backline. This he usually fails to do and invariably ends up getting put on his backside because he can't seem to take contact properly, at speed or with the correct body position. His distribution is poor, he runs sideways a lot and I don't think he has the rugby brain to play 12 at this level.

I would much rather have a real footballer like De Luca at 12, hopefully with Ansbro outside him when fit, or a Scott-De Luca partnership at centre. Evans, for me, is a much better winger than a centre, and Lamont - although he does a job at 12 - should really be kept to the wing.

I agree with the general consensus re Cuthbert, would have preferred Jim Thompson, who can really play, to get the call-up. No real reason to change the half-backs, Blair is on great form and Laidlaw deserves to keep his place, though I think Weir may well overtake him in the coming months.

Do not confuse my comment you highlighted as being my opinion. I think Morrison at 12 is the reason we can't score tries. NDL is not a good 12 and plays his best rugby at 13. Grove or Scott would be who I would start at 12. OK
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 7194
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 39
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by RDW Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:37 am

Press seems to think there will be some interesting selections today...hopefully that means interesting in a good way!

Hootsman even suggests Matt Scott was always inline to start this game, even without injuries....

I'm assuming it will be announced this afternoon.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32884
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by nickj Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:12 pm

Intriguing. I wonder whether Robbo has been told his job's safe and we'll see a few more youngsters?

Welsh, Harley and Scott would be my predictions. With the guys they replace dropping to the bench.

Welsh
Ford
Cross
Hamilton
Gray
Harley
Rennie
Denton
Blair
Laidlaw
Lamont
Scott
De Luca
Evans
Hogg

S Lawson
Jacobsen
Kellock
Barclay
Cusiter
Weir
Morrison

I wouldn't be too confident of beating the Italians but I'm not over confident that the usual crowd will be them either.

nickj

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by JLyall Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
JLyall wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:No matter what Happens Morrison will play at 12. His try saving tackle against Ireland in AR's eyes will merit his selection.

I can't begin to fathom how noone in the Scotland camp can notice the reason we are struggling is because Morrison and Lamont are flair Vaccums who hoover up all the time and space that NDL and our exciting wingers and full backs thrive on.

The Scotland A back division that cuffed the Saxons should be given a chance. Wit the exception of Weir (sisters wedding) and Danielli (better players).

I hope not! He has the odd good game, eg vs France, but he just ain't good enough to be an international 12. He's there to get over the gain line, and be a physical presence in an otherwise small backline. This he usually fails to do and invariably ends up getting put on his backside because he can't seem to take contact properly, at speed or with the correct body position. His distribution is poor, he runs sideways a lot and I don't think he has the rugby brain to play 12 at this level.

I would much rather have a real footballer like De Luca at 12, hopefully with Ansbro outside him when fit, or a Scott-De Luca partnership at centre. Evans, for me, is a much better winger than a centre, and Lamont - although he does a job at 12 - should really be kept to the wing.

I agree with the general consensus re Cuthbert, would have preferred Jim Thompson, who can really play, to get the call-up. No real reason to change the half-backs, Blair is on great form and Laidlaw deserves to keep his place, though I think Weir may well overtake him in the coming months.

Do not confuse my comment you highlighted as being my opinion. I think Morrison at 12 is the reason we can't score tries. NDL is not a good 12 and plays his best rugby at 13. Grove or Scott would be who I would start at 12. OK

Oh I know it wasn't your opinion, I was just using it to highlight my feelings on Morrison. Im not sure about NDL, Ive always thought he's been a decent 12 for Edinburgh in the past with Cairns outside him. His defence can be a bit ropey, though and he can be quite greedy with ball in hand, so perhaps not. Speaking of which, I hope Cairns gets another shot at the 13 jersey.
The general consensus seems to be Scott at 12, though, which I'd be perfectly happy with. Grove is a good defender, but I haven't seen a lot of him as an attacking threat, so can't pass too much judgement there.

JLyall

Posts : 29
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by George Carlin Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

bsando wrote:2000 - 5th
2001 - 3rd
2002 - 4th
2003 - 4th
2004 - 6th
2005 - 5th
2006 - 3rd
2007 - 6th
2008 - 5th
2009 - 5th
2010 - 5th
2011 - 5th
2012 - vomit

Have amended to reflect the general tenet of Scotland fans' views. OK
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 15734
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : KSA

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:49 pm

Well Andy must be wanting to get himself fired :

Hogg
Evans
DeLuca
Morrison
Lamont
Laidlaw
Blair
Denton
Rennie
Barclay
Hamilton
Gray
Cross
Ford
Jacobson

Lawson
Murray
Kellock
Vernon
Cusiter
Jackson
Cuthbert vomit

Courtasy of @scotlandrugby on twitter.

Cuthbert? Really? Jackson was awful against Ireland this is becoming an embarasment.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 7194
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 39
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Your Scotland Squad v Italy Empty Re: Your Scotland Squad v Italy

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum