The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deano going to Falcons

4 posters

Go down

Deano going to Falcons Empty Deano going to Falcons

Post by propdavid_london Tue 13 Mar - 20:16

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_7592412,00.html

Deano is linked to Falcons. I am surprised as I thought he was heading to Warriors following the end of his ban.

Im a quins supporter and I'm still grateful for the structures that he put in place that COS has developed further. I hope that Deano can still do a decent job after so long out of the game. If he still has the touch then Falcons could really become a force.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Deano going to Falcons Empty Re: Deano going to Falcons

Post by screamingaddabs Tue 13 Mar - 20:31

Well it looks like he'll be starting in the 1st division unfortunately. The trouble for Falcons is that they don't have a large fan base and so don't have a lot of cash, so it may be a bit more tricky than Quins. Having said that I don't think anyone questions Deanos ability and so as long as he doesn't do anything stupid again I think he can only be good news for Falcons.
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 13 Mar - 20:37

Thats true screaming. But, he took on Quins when they were relegated - took them back up and build a very tasty and well functioning academy.
That is exactly the kind of development that Falcons need. They produce a lot of youngsters and a team that is a bit strapped for cash will rely on their academy - 1st team appearances would be a real draw for a youngster to go to Falcons.

attendance figures are a worry - but do you think success would even up the numbers? I'm not so sure that winning a major trophy would be enough to boost the numbers.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 14 Mar - 0:10

Prop,

We have one of the best academies in the country. The problem we have is keeping hold of the players....most people are aware of the list:

Brookes, Flood, Tait, Parling, Ben Woods, Mickey Young, Alex Gray, Wilson, Johnny, Clegg, Rob Miller...to name just a few.

Now if we can get someone like Deano in...i believe this would encourage crowds back AND in turn keep the kids from moving away.

I think its an important appointment.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 14 Mar - 0:51

Great appointment all round as far as I'm concerned. A proven coach for a team I want to see back in the premiership (northern representation and all that) and a coach that, although he has served his ban still needs to pay his due's a little until he is back at the very top of English rugby (in my opinion anyway).

I hope the Falcons respond to dropping down a division like the Saints & Quins both did and return to the AP with a solid foundation to move forward with.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down