The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dean Richards named Newcastle Falcons director of rugby

5 posters

Go down

Dean Richards named Newcastle Falcons director of rugby Empty Dean Richards named Newcastle Falcons director of rugby

Post by george doors Wed 14 Mar 2012, 10:27 am

Luck Falcons, would take him back to Quins any time. Best coach in Prem

george doors

Back to top Go down

Dean Richards named Newcastle Falcons director of rugby Empty Re: Dean Richards named Newcastle Falcons director of rugby

Post by Geordie Wed 14 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

Well he'll be the best coach in the championship in August... Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Dean Richards named Newcastle Falcons director of rugby Empty Re: Dean Richards named Newcastle Falcons director of rugby

Post by Driver Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

What have i told you GF! Optimistic till the end!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:58 am

Oh im optimistic...im optimistic that he'll be the best coach in the championship... Wink

Im a glass is half full type of guy Driver...but even my optimism on staying up is very low.

I think only ground size issues can save us now..which isnt really the fairest way of staying up.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:04 pm

We'll have the best coach , best catchment area and best stadium!

Shame we'll have a 10 with the worst hands....
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:06 pm

Aw god i know. I hope deano puts Hodgson in the gym and puts a few stone on him .....he's by far a better 10.

Be interesting to see whos in the squad next season. Not sure there will be massive changes actually...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:12 pm

I can't see there being many changes , i hope he clears out the dead wood.

Richards was saying on SSN he wants us to be a top 4 club on a regular basis and Semore Kurdi is going to back these ambitions so we might get Richie McCaw after all!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 14 Mar 2012, 2:24 pm

Ah who needs him...we've got Mark Wilson, Joe Robinson and Will Welch! Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:36 pm

Good for English rugby he's back and active. Newcastle's owner appears to be very ambitious, so I think things are going to be ok for Falcons even if they do get relegated.

In the short term I think the key thing is getting rid of Gopperth, and the only way I can see that happeneding is if Falcons go down.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:52 pm

Sadly Dave he signed a 3 year deal...probably with a good idea we'll be going down. He seems to like it here. In fact many players do.
Carl hayman loved the place....he could surf and do all sorts.

If we can get some ambition back get the class kids to stay...get a few quality older guys to look after them...we could start and attract some top players again.

I think we need to get the Scottish link back aswell...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 14 Mar 2012, 11:39 pm

I bet we end up signing Simon Webster - Lads from Hartlepool and after game time
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

He'll make some astute signings and will get a lot out of what you already have and your academy. Look at what he did with us
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down