The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bilbao vs Manchester United

4 posters

Go down

Bilbao vs Manchester United Empty Bilbao vs Manchester United

Post by d260005p Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:03 pm

So guys, after the masterclass put on last week by Bilbao (which opened many eyes), how do we see tonights game turning out?

If Bilbao can muster up that same form that cruised at Old Trafford, then i see a bit of a hammering coming for Utd.

Not too sure on the lineup Fergie will choose, but presume it would be:

De Gea
Smalling
Ferdinand
Evans
Evra

Valencia
Scholes
Carrick
Young

Welbeck
Hernandez

Think they will rest Rooney with the upcoming game at Wolves being pretty pivotal in the title race.

Prediction:

2-1 Bilbao - Very technical and flowing football out gunning Utd to hit next KO Phase.

Thoughts?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Bilbao vs Manchester United Empty Re: Bilbao vs Manchester United

Post by Hero Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:11 pm

I'd like to see Pogba given a run out again for the team, I don't want the cup to become a distraction to the league so if they go out, they go out, I won't shed a tear.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:17 pm

I can see Fergie resting some players, I think it was obvious that SAF is barely interested in winning the Europa League and will focus on trying to win the league.

I can see a low scoring game to be honest, unless United score first and early, Bilbao have no reason to attack and I'm sure they'll be perfectly happy just to play possession football.

If Rooney doesn't play, there isn't anybody on the United side who can really grab the game by the scruff of its neck.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:28 pm

1-1 probs. 2-1 United at best. Either way, Athletic to go through...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:53 am

Bilbao absolutely smashed United in every department. Talk about the difference in technical ability of both sides and the exact same thing can be said on the international stage in relation to the performance of England & Spain.

How United are top of the premier league still amazes me right now!

Also am I the only one who thinks Mancini is a shocking manager. He got lucky with Inter and then walking into the Man City team with unlimited funds. They are 2nd in the Premier League to a dreadful Man U squad, out of the F.A Cup, out of the League Cup & now out of the Europa League. I mean if that was Mark Hughes there would be 'axe' chants echoeing around the Etihad. To potentially not win a trophy this season is shocking and embarrasing. Mancini then comes out and says for the second time this season, 'its my fault, I thought the game was going to be easy'........that is disgraceful and i'm not even a Man City fan. How can you think a Europa League game and an away game against Everton are easy........poor management!

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Completely agree. The fact that both Manchester clubs are out of the Europe is shocking. Top 2 in the premier league, and getting knocked out by teams outside of the top 4 in La Liga and the Portugese League! Its bizarre!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down