The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidney-what does he really do?

4 posters

Go down

Kidney-what does he really do? Empty Kidney-what does he really do?

Post by hugo124 Sun 18 Mar 2012, 12:00 pm

Many people are saying , Kidney got his tactics spot on this six nations.However, I don't see what tactics he enforced.Les Kiss is the defence coach, he thought of the shooter/rush defence against France.
Against Wales, we didn't look like we had a game-plan.Maybe it was, let Kearney do an up and under and hope he'll catch it(not a bad plan though).We played a drift defence that day,which contributed well for Wales, to get a last minute 3 points.
Italy-didn't have an outhalf(even D'arcy broke through him).
The only thing I can think of that Kidney has an impact on is team selection.I keep on thinking to myself if only Robbie Deans was our coach,but no, we have the most conservative coach in world rugby.Kidney only made changes, when forced , it's is like he is trying to copy Eddie O'Sullivan.
All he has to do is resign now and he will complete a perfect impression of him.
Start well,get worse,have faith in the player(unless they set you on fire, you won't be dropped),get hammered by England at Twickers and call it a day.

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Kidney-what does he really do? Empty Re: Kidney-what does he really do?

Post by charliehesketh Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:14 pm

He sounds great in the TV interviews !

charliehesketh

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:20 pm

If the IRFU had half a brain between them they would stick Mike Ruddock in there as head coach, it is a fear I had after the Wales 2005 GS that Ireland woulld pick him up. Wales played great rugby during 2005 with high tempo offloading game as Wales had relatively small but skillful backs. It was a shame the WRU cocked up employing S Johnson as a coach undermining Ruddock, the rest is history.

Kidney comes over as if he is away with the fairies, the Irish back row is very limited having three players with similar skills. SOB is a fish out of water playing 7, he is too small to play 8 and Ferris is better than him at 6! Ireland need a 7 badly just like a tighthead backup, this is the problem having so few regional teams getting game time (as in Wales and Scotland little choice in key positions). Kidney seems reluctant to get shot of Darcy, he has been past it for three or more years, Ireland must sort out bringing centres through and not importing non Irish players as Munster are intending to do for next season. All other aspects of the Irish game look fine but some players look old to be a threat for the next RWC.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

It ain't players, it's the people who choose them and what they do with them when they get them.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down