The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Owen Farrell : A new Jonny Wilkinson or a new Neil Jenkins?

4 posters

Go down

Owen Farrell : A new Jonny Wilkinson or a new Neil Jenkins? Empty Owen Farrell : A new Jonny Wilkinson or a new Neil Jenkins?

Post by Portnoy Sun 18 Mar 2012, 12:49 pm

Both were points machines but one had technical abilities to master a game plan and generate results whilst the other had to be included despite his other shortcomings because of the proficiency of his place-kicking in or out of position and probably to the detriment of style and overall efficiency.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Owen Farrell : A new Jonny Wilkinson or a new Neil Jenkins? Empty Re: Owen Farrell : A new Jonny Wilkinson or a new Neil Jenkins?

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 18 Mar 2012, 12:56 pm

I think thats a bit unfair on Johnny portnoy he may have been no Neil Jenkins but he could manage a game fairly well. Whistle

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Owen Farrell : A new Jonny Wilkinson or a new Neil Jenkins? Empty Re: Owen Farrell : A new Jonny Wilkinson or a new Neil Jenkins?

Post by Geordie Sun 18 Mar 2012, 1:00 pm

Owen divides alot of people as Croft has done.

Owen can control a game and has a big defence and awesome kicking...hence the comparissons to Johnny.

No whilst i dont care about razmataz rugby..i want us to create tries....and the jury is out wether this will happen under Owen.

It did under Johnny...so i dont see why it cant.

Im just pleased to see the pack looking so authorative.

Cole has been a revelation.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sun 18 Mar 2012, 1:10 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Owen divides alot of people as Croft has done.

Owen can control a game and has a big defence and awesome kicking...hence the comparissons to Johnny.

No whilst i dont care about razmataz rugby..i want us to create tries....and the jury is out wether this will happen under Owen.

It did under Johnny...so i dont see why it cant.

Im just pleased to see the pack looking so authorative.

Cole has been a revelation.

The phrase regarding swallows an summers springs to mind
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sun 18 Mar 2012, 1:44 pm

He's done a remarkable job given the situation. But to compete with the best teams we need someone to bring the back 3 into a more attacking game. Farrell's game is all about the centres. At the moment Flood is our best bet.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 18 Mar 2012, 1:49 pm

Portnoy...its just one game...there has been massive improvements visibly each game.

Can you rmember Cole being as mobile about the park in previous games?

SA in the summer is gonna be a HUGE test to the guys...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sun 18 Mar 2012, 2:02 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Portnoy...its just one game...there has been massive improvements visibly each game.

Can you rmember Cole being as mobile about the park in previous games?

SA in the summer is gonna be a HUGE test to the guys...

GF, if you re-read my post carefully, you'd understand that I'm not sure yet re OF.

As a points machine he seems pretty good but as a FH he does appear to be extremely limited thus far. Yesterday presented the best armchair ride any half-back pairing could have a wet dream about and Farrell frankly was disappointing.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down