The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morley going back Down Under ?

5 posters

Go down

Morley going back Down Under ? Empty Morley going back Down Under ?

Post by Kenny Mon 19 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12209/7606417/Roosters-return-for-Morley-

This would shock me if true , its usually Aussie coming over here in the twilight of their careers not the other way round
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Morley going back Down Under ? Empty Re: Morley going back Down Under ?

Post by chewed_mintie Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:22 pm

Hmmm....not sure about this. As a Roosters fan I'm more than happy with the service he gave us in the last decade and he is a Roosters legend but what can he realistically think to acheive now? More to the point, does this mean SBW will not be leaving NZ?

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:56 pm

Would be a bit shocked if he went back as a player but he is a Roosters legend and it might be as some sort of mentor/coach rather than player if it is true.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:33 pm

He has an Australian girlfriend doesnt he? And you couldnt blame him for wanting his final season to be in the premier competition

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 20 Mar 2012, 2:28 am

Apparently he has always said that he wants to live in Australia after his career. He still owns an expensive house in Sydney, and as David says has an Aussie girlfriend.
Although would be intresting if the Roosters can afford him. What with Sonny Bill Williams already signed, and Jared Waerea -Hargreaves in the final year of his contract, so able to demand the big bucks. Though both Braith Anasta & Anthony Minichiello off contract at the end of this season should free up some money.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:05 am

tigerrobins wrote:What with Sonny Bill Williams already signed

Although it pretty much looks a done deal, I wouldn't exactly say he has signed. Nothing has been announced and with the way SBW and his mgr work, a verbal agreement is worth absolutely zilch.

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 20 Mar 2012, 5:47 pm

chewed_mintie wrote:
tigerrobins wrote:What with Sonny Bill Williams already signed

Although it pretty much looks a done deal, I wouldn't exactly say he has signed. Nothing has been announced and with the way SBW and his mgr work, a verbal agreement is worth absolutely zilch.

Sorry, it was just that the articule i read seem to state that SBW had signed and that they were keeping quite till his union commitments had ended.
Just out of intrest mintie, you being a Roosters fan, If you do sign Morley, SBW and keep Hargreaves, i would presume that that's going to be a hefty chunk of your salary cap. Are they the players you really need? or would you look at other areas to strenghten the team?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Tue 20 Mar 2012, 7:39 pm

They have also signed James Maloney from the Warriors for next season and I don't think he would have come cheap but its a young exciting half back pair of Pierce and Maloney with Anasta moving on.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 21 Mar 2012, 2:42 pm

Not sure how it would effect his salary (as in were it would come from player cap or not ) but have heard that it would be a player/coaching role for Morley . So could they get away with a small players salary topped up with a coaching salary ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Wed 21 Mar 2012, 5:11 pm

Depends how much he wants to move, if he really wants one last go he might be willing to accept a reduced wage

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 21 Mar 2012, 7:12 pm

Adrian Morley has come out to dismiss talk of him returning to the NRL next season as wide of the mark. Saying that he has some unfinnished buisness with Warrington, and is happy with life and his form at the club.

I wonder if Warrington win the Grand Final this year, wether that will change things.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down