The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysian GP Thread - Contains Race spoilers!

+17
tunes666
harryspiv
Bull
Gregers
Belgarion of Riva
SteveG
HERSH
eirebilly
mystiroakey
Good Golly I'm Olly
Uryu Ishida
dyrewolfe
Alessandro Ciambella
Critical_mass
liverbnz
The Special Juan
Fernando
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Malaysian GP Thread - Contains Race spoilers! - Page 2 Empty Malaysian GP Thread - Contains Race spoilers!

Post by Fernando Thu 22 Mar - 15:22

First topic message reminder :

Spoiler:

Just a few days after Jenson Button's victory for McLaren at the season-opening race in Australia, the battle for the 2012 FIA Formula One Championship gets even more intense as we journey to Malaysia and the grand prix billed as 'The World's Hottest Race'. With in-car temperatures often edging above 50º C and with track temperatures to match, the race places huge demands on man and machine.

The energy-sapping heat and humidity aren't the only problems however. While quite smooth, the circuit's long straights and heavy-braking corners mean that the tyres, already hurt by the heat, also take a beating from the circuit surface. Car set-up is tricky too, and the combination of flowing sections, power-hungry straights and tight corners makes it a tough balancing act for the engineers. Finally, there's the weather to contend with. Heavy storms are a constant threat and can lead to major trouble, as we found out in 2009 when a torrential downpour led to the race being stopped after just 31 laps.

That race was, of course, won by Button on the way to the 2009 World Championship, and the question now is whether he can take a second win here and set himself up for another shot at the title. It won't be easy. In Melbourne, the Red Bulls recovered well after a tricky qualifying session to finish second and fourth in the race. Mercedes and Lotus, too, gave notice that, once minor issues are ironed out, they are ready to make the step up to championship contention. Further back the midfield looks incredibly tight with a number of teams all in the mix for points. And, naturally, Ferrari can never be written off. If Melbourne was a baptism of fire for the Scuderia's new car, then Fernando Alonso's fifth place showed they can stand the heat. And as we get ready for sizzling Sepang that can only be a good thing.

Length of lap:
5.543km
Lap record
1:34.223 (Juan-Pablo Montoya, Williams-BMW, 2004)
Start line/finish line offset
0.000km
Total number of race laps
Total race distance
310.408km
Pitlane speed limits
60km/h during practice;
100km/h during race

CHANGES TO THE CIRCUIT SINCE 2011

The verge on the exit of turn 8 has been re-worked in order to remove the bump in the grass which caused a problem in 2011.

The entire debris fence around the outside of turn 1 has been renewed.

Source: FIA

Last edited by fernando on Sun 25 Mar - 12:07; edited 2 times in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Malaysian GP Thread - Contains Race spoilers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Malaysian GP Thread - Contains Race spoilers!

Post by mystiroakey Sun 25 Mar - 10:04

just get em out there- its why the have wet tyres ffs

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Malaysian GP Thread - Contains Race spoilers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Malaysian GP Thread - Contains Race spoilers!

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 25 Mar - 10:11

Wouldn't mind importing some of Malaysia's rain right now. We need to fill our reservoirs back up!
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 25 Mar - 10:12

mystiroakey wrote:just get em out there- its why the have wet tyres ffs

Even full wets can't cope with monsoon rain. Visibility is another major safety issue. I doubt you'd fancy driving at 200mph effectively blind?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sun 25 Mar - 10:13

dyrewolfe wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:just get em out there- its why the have wet tyres ffs

Even full wets can't cope with monsoon rain. Visibility is another major safety issue. I doubt you'd fancy driving at 200mph effectively blind?

and on basically sheet ice

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 25 Mar - 10:13

yeah i know, however doesnt stop me wanting to see some racing Sad

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 25 Mar - 10:15

And we're underway again, albeit behind the Safety Car.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 25 Mar - 10:18

Who else wants to see Vergne take out Vettel under the safety car!!!

The French fight back, 72 years later!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sun 25 Mar - 10:19

lol

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 25 Mar - 10:25

Safety Car in at the end of Lap 13.

Possible mass charge for the pit lane to fit intermediates.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 25 Mar - 10:27

webber and alonso are gonna smash each other up lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 25 Mar - 10:29

what the heck is going on- i am abit confussed as to how button seems to be getting first call in pits even when he is behind ham

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 25 Mar - 10:30

button just smashed his wing to bits!!

all going pear shaped at mclarean Sad

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 25 Mar - 10:32

Nooooooooooooooooo Jenson nooooooooooooooooooooo Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 25 Mar - 10:35

alonso has had one massive touch here ffs. respect if he can make it stick mind

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 25 Mar - 10:35

How are we only on lap 17!!!

At this rate the race will still be going on when the Beeb starts their coverage!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sun 25 Mar - 10:39

come on Perez!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Mar - 11:00

26 laps for the great one to hang on!

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 25 Mar - 11:15

hamilton is gonna have to start driving soon- or he is sitting 3rd again

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Sun 25 Mar - 11:26

HAMILTON PIT CREW ARE AN ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES !! One slow and 2 botshed pit stops have ruined his race. And their strategy for him is the pits.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 25 Mar - 11:37

perez is frying up alonso- come on lad

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Mar - 11:40

Come on Señor Diaz! Monza believes in you!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Sun 25 Mar - 11:42

Was Perez called off ? Unbelievable.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Sun 25 Mar - 11:43

Perez was called off. Ferrari at it again.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 25 Mar - 11:48

ermm, well done alonso- how ever not sure what happened today- seemed abit odd!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Mar - 11:50

P1 - MAGICO!!

Forza the WDC Leader!

Forza Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 25 Mar - 12:00

Gah!

PEREZ WUZ ROBBED!!!

Without question, drive of the day by the Mexican. Could have won it and should have won it. I shouldn't be surprised but it still leaves a rather bitter taste in the mouth, knowing he was denied the chance to fight for the win. I firmly believe he'd have got it, if he'd been allowed to.

Great work by the Ferrari pit crew to give Alonso the lead and a good controlled drive by Nando to keep it (with the help of the Ferrari-Sauber agreement). Another miserable day for Massa - surely can't be long until he's replaced...probably by Perez.

Disappointing drive from Hamilton - never really looked a threat after he lost the lead and was very static for much of the race. Still its another podium finish, which is something (keeps him second in the WDC). Some of the blame goes to the McLaren pit crew for messing up his stop. Uncharacteristic mistake from Button wrecked his race. No miraculous Canadian-style comeback this time.

Similarly disappointing / uneventful race for Red Bull. Another decent drive from Webber, matching his 4th place in Australia, but never looked like finishing higher. Vettel was surprisingly quiet until his last-lap retirement. Some bad luck, sustaining a puncture when he hit a Marussia only compounded his woes.

Mixed race for Lotus, losing Grosjean from a promising position early on, but Raikkonen finished strongly in 5th (also got fastest lap).

Another decent race for Williams with a fantastic 6th place for Senna. More bad luck for Maldonado, also forced to retire close to the finish.

7th for Di Resta and 9th for Hulkenberg wraps up another good race for Force India.

Very impressive 8th place for rookie Vergne and Toro Rosso.

Very disappointing race for Mercedes, Schumacher scoring a solitary point for his 10th place finish and Rosberg finishing well down the grid after looking strong early on.

Last edited by dyrewolfe on Sun 25 Mar - 12:03; edited 2 times in total
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 25 Mar - 12:01

Belgarion of Riva wrote:Perez was called off. Ferrari at it again.

Yeah - it stinks but its not really surprising. Perez could end up as Nando's new team mate soon.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 25 Mar - 12:05

What a drive from my man Perez!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 25 Mar - 12:10

ah ive not watched it yet but here it was a fantastic race.

and can 100% see Perez taking Massa seat!

well done to Ferrari and Sauber! OK

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by harryspiv Sun 25 Mar - 12:10

Lucky Alonso! Was rooting for Perez who should have won

Don't be surprised if there was an inter team agreement though

Button had a rare moment of complete madness and the pit crew got it horribly wrong for Hamilton but the Mclaren just didn't have the pace

Over the course of these two races it looks very much like Red Bull are only going to pick up the odd win if that

Lotus have a very good car, I think Grojean will come good

Mercedes have a car based purely on Qualifying

The midfield teams are very closely matched together

Felipe Massa will not be at Ferrari after this season

harryspiv

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 25 Mar - 12:35

Forza Ferrari!

And as much as Massa is a Ferrari man through and through and I hate to say it but he should have gone last season as he is clearly not the driver he was.

Alonso is fantastic but an in form Massa would at least give him a run for his money now and again..

This win would have given then a good boost and taken a little pressure of while they get to grips with the car..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Mar - 14:31

Alonso showed supreme skill in the DRS detection zone to keep Perez behind him. Perez on the right tyres in an aerodynamically more efficient car could catch yet not pass Fernando Alonso.

Other drivers were struggling to defend on the DRS straight and fell victim to some brave passes but not Fernando Alonso. His grit and determination to win the race was evident to all who watched. His skill at defending the impossible was an absolute joy to behold.

Now, in the 7th best car on the grid, the most complete driver on the grid is top of the standings enjoying the view of his rivals that he has trampled down upon to get there. They crane their necks to look at the glorious one who is bathing in sunlight as he radiates beams down from the celestial bodies up there with him.

Fernando, when you return to Monza, a heros welcome awaits you!

Forza Fernando Alonso!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 25 Mar - 14:34

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Alonso showed supreme skill in the DRS detection zone to keep Perez behind him. Perez on the right tyres in an aerodynamically more efficient car could catch yet not pass Fernando Alonso.

Other drivers were struggling to defend on the DRS straight and fell victim to some brave passes but not Fernando Alonso. His grit and determination to win the race was evident to all who watched. His skill at defending the impossible was an absolute joy to behold.

Now, in the 7th best car on the grid, the most complete driver on the grid is top of the standings enjoying the view of his rivals that he has trampled down upon to get there. They crane their necks to look at the glorious one who is bathing in sunlight as he radiates beams down from the celestial bodies up there with him.

Fernando, when you return to Monza, a heros welcome awaits you!

Forza Fernando Alonso!

Ummm I believe Ferrari showed great skill by supplying Sauber with their engines therefore meaning they could control what the Sauber could do if it came up behind a Ferrari Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Mar - 14:37

So using a sneaky remote control they forced Pwrez into falling off the track?

The pressure of the occasion got to Perez so they stuck for second instead of twisting and loosing it all.

Absolute nonsense. Ferrari were going to win regardless of what car crossed the line.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 25 Mar - 14:41

I dont think i can believe it was pressure that cost Perez!! This is F1!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Mar - 14:49

According to his interview on Autosport.com/f1, tyre degradation and a loss of tyre temperature after his off track excursion meant he could not find the pace again. It makes sense and we have seen it many times before.

Now then, back to Jackanory! Where is your link to a conspiracy theory and F1 scandal? Can you back it up or give credit where it's due or do you have to insist on tarnishing a MAGICO Display by the current WDC leader 2012 double WDC?

Please, post me a link to this 'story!'
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 25 Mar - 15:11

Alessano dont tell me you think F1 is straight down the line!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Mar - 15:24

Of course there will always be controversy, be it spy-gate, lie-gate or team-order-gate.

Today was not one of those days. Saying these things taints a magnificent performance that BOTH of these drivers put on today!

I would like to see Pere swap with Massa now and join Alonso at Ferrari. That boy is really putting Kobi in the shade.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 25 Mar - 15:27

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Of course there will always be controversy, be it spy-gate, lie-gate or team-order-gate.

Today was not one of those days. Saying these things taints a magnificent performance that BOTH of these drivers put on today!

I would like to see Pere swap with Massa now and join Alonso at Ferrari. That boy is really putting Kobi in the shade.

When you go from 8 seconds behind to 0.4 behind then get "Checo be careful, we need this position. Be careful." It doesn't exactly cover Ferrari in a whole lot of glory being their engine supplier in the same way Alguersuari was fired for not letting Vettel past when at Toro Rosso it makes it very suspicious and with the whole "Fernando is faster then you" rubbish it's always going to be brought up

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 25 Mar - 15:30

Oh please...

When ever Ferrari win a tight race people allways have to find an excuse.. Ferrari won today for two reasons, 1 because Alonso Drove out of his skin and kept his cool when needed as well as good tire management. and 2 because the team provided a perfect race strategy and also kept the cool in the changing conditions. And yes a little bit of luck came their way, which they were able to take.

Just because a team supply another with its engines it does not mean they can tell them what to do in a race or when.. ... its not as if there is only Ferrari who can supply engines... You could say that Sauber is the customer..

Admittedly if it was a race where Sauber where not really looking to gain alot they may well do Ferrari a favor to show a little loyalty, Torro Rosso helping Webber of Red bull last race of 2010 is an example of this. But not when they have a multi million project of their own to take care of, does not make sense.

No F1 is not straight down the line.

But it does not mean that every time Ferrari get a little fortune that it is foul play.

Fantastic Race by Alonso. I am a Ferrari fan and I have to say I feel the team have let him down, he should have been champ in his first Ferrari season if it was not by a bad strategy (also being in the third fastest car on the grid). Last year was too slow and this year they have started to lag again.

Alonso Deserves Ferrari to hit form and to supply him with a Good car, if they do manage this watch out F1!

They also need to bring in a new driver to replace Massa if they have any chance of the CC..

I have a feeling Ferrari will turn it around this year though, they have tried to hard with the car but I think it will pay off in a few races time....

Last edited by tunes666 on Sun 25 Mar - 15:39; edited 1 time in total

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 25 Mar - 15:35

Great race, really eventful. Well done to ALonso, Sergio and Lewis.

BUT - i hate to say it AC, but i reckon this was just a hiccup for Alonso, i hope not but it, as it stands, looks like a hiccup. Maybe CHina will show otherwise.

THough i agree Sauber called Sergio off after Ferrari pulled their strings. Sergio didnt appear to listen though and he would have got passed hadnt it been for that mistake. Oh well maybe next time, 2nd is still quite an achievement. Well Done.

Vettel blamed HRT for his puncture even though it was him that got too close - sour grapes.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 25 Mar - 15:37

fernando wrote:
Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Of course there will always be controversy, be it spy-gate, lie-gate or team-order-gate.

When you go from 8 seconds behind to 0.4 behind then get "Checo be careful, we need this position. Be careful." It doesn't exactly cover Ferrari in a whole lot of glory being their engine supplier in the same way Alguersuari was fired for not letting Vettel past when at Toro Rosso it makes it very suspicious and with the whole "Fernando is faster then you" rubbish it's always going to be brought up

Getting past Alonso was another job to be done..

could it also have been that in order for him to make up that time he was Steaming it and his team noticed his tire degradation and told him to be careful? and the reason he went off is because he made a mistake due to the pressure?

Why would he have pushed so hard to make up those seconds to then slide off and risk really messing it up?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Mar - 15:39

Jamie was sacked by Torro Rosso because Franz Tost said that he would never be good enough to be a champion. It does not say because he would not let Vettel overtake him. That is pure speculation Fernando and you know it.

Yes indeed be careful. Do you know how much constructors points mean to teams like Sauber? Have seen Perez run wide and nearly loose it all do you think he needs little reminders like this?

Where does it say in that transmission 'don't over take' or 'Fernando is faster than you'?

It doesn't. The right man won today fair and square.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 25 Mar - 15:41

So Sauber and Perez suddenly stop going for the win and are happy with second despite him gaining at over a second a lap for many laps!

No way jose
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 25 Mar - 15:44

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:

If you believe that Alessandro you more delusional then this pathetic Italian charade your putting on.

Perez was the better driver today and anyone with common senses knows it so take your red tinted glasses of for once in your life.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 25 Mar - 15:49

fernando wrote:

If you believe that Alessandro you more delusional then this pathetic Italian charade your putting on.

Perez was the better driver today and anyone with common senses knows it so take your red tinted glasses of for once in your life.

lol

There is a diffidence between Alessandro being delusional and you not being able to stomach Ferrari's (Alonso's deserved) victory... Very Happy

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 25 Mar - 15:51

Tyre degradation and a loss of heat made his job harder after falling off the track. Don't forget there is a time delay on radio streams.

Is somebody speculating without hard evidence again? censored

Why dont you back it up Fernando? Show me a link that proves team orders. Surely the FIA would be involved. They were after Germany where the whole 'Fernando is faster than you' incident occurred. So where are they now?

Let's really get to some facts then. Ron Dennis ordered Glock to slow down by 43 seconds in Brazil 2008 so Hamilton could win a WDC. Anybody without silvers tinted specs knows that.

Last edited by Alessandro Ciambella on Sun 25 Mar - 15:52; edited 1 time in total
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 25 Mar - 15:51

tunes666 wrote:
fernando wrote:

lol

There is a diffidence between Alessandro being delusional and you not being able to stomach Ferrari's (Alonso's deserved) victory... Very Happy

How was it deserved?? He was extremely lucky with the rain and then used orders to keep the rampaging Sauber at bay!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 25 Mar - 15:53

tunes666 wrote:
fernando wrote:

lol

Im not fussed ferrari won but it was not deserved perez should of won and for your tyre rubbish he was on hard tyres which had done less laps then Alonso so was hardly tyre deg thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 25 Mar - 15:57

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Tyre degradation and a loss of heat made his job harder after falling off the track. Don't forget there is a time delay on radio streams.

Is somebody speculating without hard evidence again? censored

Why dont you back it up Fernando? Show me a link that proves team orders. Surely the FIA would be involved. They were after Germany where the whole 'Fernando is faster than you' incident occurred. So where are they now?

Let's really get to some facts then. Ron Dennis ordered Glock to slow down by 43 seconds in Brazil 2008 so Hamilton could win a WDC. Anybody without silvers tinted specs knows that.

Is somebody speculating without hard evidence censored #irony

Show me your link where you can prove that Alessandro

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next