The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vettel - get over yourself son

+9
Mad for Chelsea
mystiroakey
Fernando
supremeskills
dyrewolfe
Critical_mass
Belgarion of Riva
Alessandro Ciambella
Good Golly I'm Olly
13 posters

Go down

Vettel - get over yourself son Empty Vettel - get over yourself son

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 26 Mar 2012, 4:10 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17506568

What gives him the right to brandish drivers 'idiots'? Just cos he has won two world titles doesn't mean that other people in inferior cars have to get out his way! God I really dispise this man
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Vettel - get over yourself son Empty Re: Vettel - get over yourself son

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Mon 26 Mar 2012, 5:17 pm

Well, clearly they do have to get out of the way when they are being lapped!

I think Vettel had one of those days yesterday that he would like to forget. He and Jenson Button MBE will do well to erase that race from memory.

Jenson was humble and apologetic to his team for his mistakes.Respect to him for that.

Vettel was very edgy and keen to lash out at the world. I must admit I like this side to him. I want to see more of this! Chest poking, name calling and car crashing will only improve the show!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:47 am

Vettel has forgotten that he was dubbed the crash kid for his stupid antics a couple of seasons ago.

That accident was his fault, he has no one else to blame but himself.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 27 Mar 2012, 12:40 pm

Although i agree what AC says - Back marks DO have to get out of the way. But if you look at the footage, its Vettel himself who gets too close to the HRT. It was Vettels fault.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 27 Mar 2012, 1:14 pm

Agree CM. He cut back in front of Karthikeyan too soon. Funny how dramatically drivers' personalities can change with their fortunes (not just talking about Seb here). Wink

I think Button could have avoided hitting him, going into that corner, but NK did take an odd line and almost stopped on the apex...very strange.

I know Jenson would have been desperate to get past him, but he ought to have had a good view of the HRT, so have to put it down to misjudgement on his part.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 1:25 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:Funny how dramatically drivers' personalities can change with their fortunes (not just talking about Seb here). Wink

Yes, exactly. The same happened to Hamilton last season when he was in an inferior car making mistakes and blaming other drivers for racing incidents. Vettel is now experiencing what F1 is about in the midfield area and the effect it has upon the handling of the car and most importantly the tyres. Hamilton in this situation, simply crumbled. Continually making mistakes, rash decisions and mouthing off about other drivers and eventually receiving punishments in the form of drive-thru penalties which cost him a haul of points. The early signs are that Vettel is already feeling the pressure with out of character outbursts. When you can't perform as you know you can in an inferior car like Hamilton experienced last season you become aggressive, impatient and the media scrutiny becomes hostile instead of the usual praise.

It will be extremely interesting to see how Vettel will react this season on and off track to the pressure and the high expectation and standards he has set himself. One thing's for sure......he won't be ridiculed or blasted to the levels like Hamilton had to endure last season.

Back to top Go down

Post by supremeskills Tue 27 Mar 2012, 1:43 pm

john,vettel is actually not getting stick by the media the same way lewis did.
infact they have simply laughed of what he did like it doesnt matter.
and it sounds to me like your turning on lewis.i however will stay backing him 100%.

supremeskills

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 1:54 pm

I'm not turning on Lewis at all Shocked ........I'm just stating what happened last season and the 'potential' same path Vettel may follow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 27 Mar 2012, 2:37 pm

Anyone notice he actually ignored his team telling him to retire the car?

Seemed rather odd guessing wanted something new for the next race engine or gearbox?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:27 pm

John wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:Funny how dramatically drivers' personalities can change with their fortunes (not just talking about Seb here). Wink

Yes, exactly. The same happened to Hamilton last season when he was in an inferior car making mistakes and blaming other drivers for racing incidents. Vettel is now experiencing what F1 is about in the midfield area and the effect it has upon the handling of the car and most importantly the tyres. Hamilton in this situation, simply crumbled. Continually making mistakes, rash decisions and mouthing off about other drivers and eventually receiving punishments in the form of drive-thru penalties which cost him a haul of points. The early signs are that Vettel is already feeling the pressure with out of character outbursts. When you can't perform as you know you can in an inferior car like Hamilton experienced last season you become aggressive, impatient and the media scrutiny becomes hostile instead of the usual praise.

It will be extremely interesting to see how Vettel will react this season on and off track to the pressure and the high expectation and standards he has set himself. One thing's for sure......he won't be ridiculed or blasted to the levels like Hamilton had to endure last season.

john he really wasnt that bad- he wasnt great but i think your painting a slightly drak picture there dude

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:24 am

Look I'm Hamilton's biggest fan, I know that post seems odd but it's a true reflection of what happened to Hamilton in my opinion and the negative effect it has upon his racing. I don't know why you say Hamilton 'wasn't that bad'.....his season was appaling, he even admitted it on numerous occasions. The reality is that racing in a position you feel your ability is superior to forces you to react in strange and often aggressive and angry ways which ultimately effects your driving through mistakes. Hamilton experienced that in an inferior car and now to an early extent Vettel is. I just think there is a comparison there and the fact that Vettel's personality changed with his outburst shows how frustrated he currently is as he is used to winning races just like Hamilton. That's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 28 Mar 2012, 12:35 pm

John wrote:Look I'm Hamilton's biggest fan.

OH NO YOURE NOT, OH YES HE IS!..... Laugh

Seriously though, im a huge LH fan and id have to agree with John. Its funny John should mention how drivers personalities changed as i was thinking the same thing, when i first same Vettel's article about back markers. But hey they're only human.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 28 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

John wrote:Look I'm Hamilton's biggest fan, I know that post seems odd but it's a true reflection of what happened to Hamilton in my opinion and the negative effect it has upon his racing. I don't know why you say Hamilton 'wasn't that bad'.....his season was appaling, he even admitted it on numerous occasions. The reality is that racing in a position you feel your ability is superior to forces you to react in strange and often aggressive and angry ways which ultimately effects your driving through mistakes. Hamilton experienced that in an inferior car and now to an early extent Vettel is. I just think there is a comparison there and the fact that Vettel's personality changed with his outburst shows how frustrated he currently is as he is used to winning races just like Hamilton. That's all.

Hamiltons overall season wasnt that bad for me- but for hamiltons standard i suppose it wasnt good at all. Hamilton won 3 races dude- he wasnt in the running for the championship however he still showed glimpses of brilliance even if he was very gutted(obviously) for finishing alot lower than button.

I think people need to understand how the scoring reflected the table as well- retirements hurt his position more than they would have in previous scoring systems!

If you really believe that hamiltons season was shocking- i wouldnt want to imagine what you thought of webbers or massas!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 28 Mar 2012, 2:09 pm

fernando wrote:Anyone notice he actually ignored his team telling him to retire the car?

Seemed rather odd guessing wanted something new for the next race engine or gearbox?

Actually, he got very mixed messages from the team.

The first instruction was the "Box, box, box" call, then they told him to stay out, then he was told to stop the car immediately (to save the engine or something).

I wondered what they were playing at and the commentators picked up on it too.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Mar 2012, 2:18 pm

Wasn't it that Red Bull instructed 'box' to Vettel because the rear tyre brake temperatures were sky rocketing and they feared it was too dangerous for Vettel to carry on in case of a complete rear failure. Red Bull's radio's were apparently broken after the restart thanks to being soaked while sitting on the grid so communication between driver and pitwall was going to be an issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 28 Mar 2012, 2:29 pm

The authoritative Auto Motor und Sport quotes Vettel as confirming: "I heard the command.

No idea how reliable it is though

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:22 pm

Whatever the reason, it was a shame as he was on course to pick up some points...think he was running 5th at the time?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:13 pm

response from Karthikeyan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17550940

reading between the lines, he doesn't seem massively impressed by Vettel's comments Very Happy. I must say I was pretty impressed by Vettel in the first race, but he does have a tendency to get impatient in traffic and try some crazy moves. When they work they look great (Rosberg in Australia), but when they don't (plenty of examples to choose from) he ends up looking silly.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:response from Karthikeyan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17550940

reading between the lines, he doesn't seem massively impressed by Vettel's comments Very Happy. I must say I was pretty impressed by Vettel in the first race, but he does have a tendency to get impatient in traffic and try some crazy moves. When they work they look great (Rosberg in Australia), but when they don't (plenty of examples to choose from) he ends up looking silly.

I agree with you about his impatience. Hamilton is like that too, probably more impatient than Vettel in my opinion.

Well said by Karthikeyan, I was quite surprised by how well he was taking Vettels comments. Vettel IS a cry baby. After the race I was expecting Vettel to come out with something like "Ah, these things happen you know. Its a set back for the team but we'll come out strong in the next race." Blaming Karthikeyan was just childish. It looks even worse when you've won the drivers championship the last 2 years in a row. Even if it was Karthikeyans fault, surely the mature thing to do would be to just get on with it. nope Vettel

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:19 pm

It was always going to happen.....not the comments but the eventual 'knocked off your perch' within F1. Vettel is coming to terms with the realisation that the blown diffuser gave him a quite frankly gigantic advantage over his rivals and that with this technology it delusioned people into thinking he was a 'racing god' and awarded him with back to back formula 1 world titles. Now he's in the midfield pack, experiencing wheel to wheel racing and the effect it has upon tyre wear was always going to result in a drastic fall in his reputation and has already resulted in a personality change with unusual aggressive outbursts, an impatient driving approach and numerous mistakes..........all similar to Hamilton and we know how that season panned out.

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:12 pm

Red Bull are going to have to make some changes in the car set-up if they can't return to their domination of qualifying. The last couple of years they've had a car that runs superbly quickly in clear air and that has been the best out there in medium to high speed corners, but has not been particularly quick in a straight line (even with the DRS, KERS and any other acronym you want) - get to the front and they could dominate, but they've struggled a bit to come through the pack because their corner speed is compromised and their straight line speed prevents overtaking.

Time to change to a lower downforce setup, so that they can match the top speeds of the other front runners but will necessarily compromise the superiority in the corners.

As for Vettel's puncture, it was really his mistake in moving back across too early - a simple mis-judgement for which Karthikayen shouldn't take any blame. I think NK was more at fault for the Button incident, in that he took a rather odd line and was very slow mid corner, but again it was mainly JB's fault for the collision in going for a gap that wasn't really there.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:15 pm

agree re the puncture, Vettel moves back across Karthikeyan a fraction too soon and gets clipped. not too sure what Karthikeyan was meant to do there TBH.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:53 pm

Come race day though the redbull isn't a bad car at all. Some are saying it's basically in the midfield? yet come race day in Australia Vettel was the second quickest driver on the track. Even on Sunday he was in a comfortable fourth, he would have probably been second but for the weather. Redbull are still majors players at the front.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:03 pm

monty
good point - RB are probably between about 2nd and 4th fastest team on the grid (close to Mercedes and Lotus), and only clearly behind McLaren for the two races so far. Not exactly a disaster, especially as SV had a little luck in exploiting the safety car late in the Aus race to get ahead of Hamilton and claim a slightly flattering 2nd place. Their car is still significantly quicker in the dry than the likes of Ferrari or the real midfield teams like FI, Williams and Sauber, so they aren't in bad shape.

The Malaysian race can just be written off as one of theose things - wonder what odds you'd have got pre-race on Alonso winning and on Perez being 2nd (and even moreso that he should probably have taken the victory but for a couple of little driver errors and delaying his final pit stop a lap or two too long). It's unlikely to have a big bearing on the final title standings, as of the expected front runners, only Lewis picked up significant points.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 06 Apr 2012, 1:37 pm

He could win 4 or 5 championships somehow, and I still wouldnt rate him above classy veterans Barrichello, Fisichella.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down