The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATP Latest: Nadal Resigns And The Plot...Thickens...

+24
TRuffin
gallery play
HarpoMars
Josiah Maiestas
lags72
time please
jersey
djlovesyou
lydian
spuranik
Tenez
amritia3ee
barrystar
hawkeye
Jeremy_Kyle
Veejay
invisiblecoolers
laverfan
bogbrush
reckoner
LuvSports!
Jahu
Chydremion
noleisthebest
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ATP Latest: Nadal Resigns And The Plot...Thickens... Empty ATP Latest: Nadal Resigns And The Plot...Thickens...

Post by noleisthebest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:01 pm

Nadal resigns from ATP council of players.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=16968&zoneid=25

An unexpected but not quite so surprising development
Interesting times ahead.

What's coming next?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

ATP Latest: Nadal Resigns And The Plot...Thickens... Empty Re: ATP Latest: Nadal Resigns And The Plot...Thickens...

Post by Chydremion Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:10 pm

Nadal seems not a happy chap now that the structural base of his game is at risk of being undermined.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

ATP Latest: Nadal Resigns And The Plot...Thickens... Empty Re: ATP Latest: Nadal Resigns And The Plot...Thickens...

Post by Jahu Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:44 pm

So since his demise is coming faster than the Jubilee line, he is at war with everyone?
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:50 pm

Jahu wrote:So since his demise is coming faster than the Jubilee line, he is at war with everyone?

can you just give the nadal beat down a rest?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:55 pm

Clearly it is simply a difference of views and beliefs. No harm in him resigning. I guess because of his views of how the game and tour should be structured differs from other council members does not make him the 'evil' of tennis. I wouldn't see this as a defeat for the man. I am sure he will dust himself off and use the time he would've spent in meetings with the council to further improve his game.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:59 pm

LuvSports! wrote:
Jahu wrote:So since his demise is coming faster than the Jubilee line, he is at war with everyone?

can you just give the nadal beat down a rest?
I must say, in the beginning of all this I found it amusing: first it was Leconte with his digs, then the pre AO press conferences from Nadal (Fed leaves him to burn and smells like a rose) then Fed got one back talking about Nadal taking too long and courts being too slow, then the French parody clip, now Murray, and finally Nadal himself!

What really surprised me was the reason: he has no support from other players, I thought it was the opposite. Didn't he say that a lot of players were behind him around USO "strike" time.

All this simply cannot be mere coincidence, so naturally, I'm wondering what's cooking...something's gotta come out if it, I can just feel it in my bones, I just don't have a clue what it could be, don't you find tall these developments fascinating LS?
I mean, we had almost a decade of bliss and now all this in less than 3 months!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:02 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Clearly it is simply a difference of views and beliefs. No harm in him resigning. I guess because of his views of how the game and tour should be structured differs from other council members does not make him the 'evil' of tennis. I wouldn't see this as a defeat for the man. I am sure he will dust himself off and use the time he would've spent in meetings with the council to further improve his game.

I just wonder if there was pressure on putting clock on courts so he didn't like it, or maybe all this subtle compounding of events has left him with just dropping the position as all he saw from it was getting grief and not much in return for his time there.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:03 pm

Laying the PR groundwork for they've all got it in for me interviews down the line perhaps

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:03 pm

it is tennis so i find most of the news interesting, but I just dont like the constant nadal bashing, i.e. his demise...

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Clearly it is simply a difference of views and beliefs. No harm in him resigning. I guess because of his views of how the game and tour should be structured differs from other council members does not make him the 'evil' of tennis. I wouldn't see this as a defeat for the man. I am sure he will dust himself off and use the time he would've spent in meetings with the council to further improve his game.

I just wonder if there was pressure on putting clock on courts so he didn't like it, or maybe all this subtle compounding of events has left him with just dropping the position as all he saw from it was getting grief and not much in return for his time there.

Nadal like any player clearly wants his interests to be considered. Yes they are somewhat self beneficial, but for me him stepping down will now surely put an end to talk of 'protected rankings'

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:09 pm

let's hope so...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:25 pm

I hope there's a move on time delays on he cards too.....
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:29 pm

I wonder if it is time for Djokovic to step into the council. chin

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:36 pm

laverfan wrote:I wonder if it is time for Djokovic to step into the council. chin

Now Dont say me Djoko is beating Nadal in this one too, may be Rafa realised that he is no more the top dog and before Nole out powers him he resigns himself.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:37 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
laverfan wrote:I wonder if it is time for Djokovic to step into the council. chin

Now Dont say me Djoko is beating Nadal in this one too, may be Rafa realised that he is no more the top dog and before Nole out powers him he resigns himself.

I thought Nole's already on the council, and for quite a few years now.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:41 pm

Fognini!

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:43 pm

Come on Tim!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:55 pm

I beg to differ,seems more like he walked out after it became clear that he cant have things his way
Probably a wise move as it seems he suffers from foot in mouth disease,but you cant ignore the fact that if he really believed his propositions would benefit the tour and everyone and that his opinions and input should be valued,he wouldn't quit and run away.He would stay and find a way to voice his opinions diplomatically and work together with the rest of the council to find some sort of happy medium

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:01 pm

there must be something else behind the decision. I don't see nadal never ever give up on anything, as a rule.....
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:03 pm

noleisthebest

Instead of being concerned about Nadal (because really you have no need to as he is doing just fine) why not do something positive. I've noticed you've produced some nice fan poetry about your idol. Why not work on a little fan art?

Maybe a pen and ink sketch of Nole with a favourite trophy? Or perhaps a watercolour of him in classic ball bouncing pose? Or even a gouache painting of him ripping his shirt off. That would be exciting... Wouldn't it?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:07 pm

Veejay wrote:

I beg to differ,seems more like he walked out after it became clear that he cant have things his way
Probably a wise move as it seems he suffers from foot in mouth disease,but you cant ignore the fact that if he really believed his propositions would benefit the tour and everyone and that his opinions and input should be valued,he wouldn't quit and run away.He would stay and find a way to voice his opinions diplomatically and work together with the rest of the council to find some sort of happy medium

That doesn't make any sense at all given the latter statement contradicts you differing.

Nadal percieves things one way and the council the other.

A difference in views.

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:09 pm

If that means the demise of 2-yr ranking then good, but I would not talk about the demise of Nadal until such time as he's had a worse claycourt season than he did last year. The top 4 are set up for a fascinating 3-4 months.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:31 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
Veejay wrote:

That doesn't make any sense at all given the latter statement contradicts you differing.

l

Nadal percieves things one way and the council the other.

A difference in views.

No one ever said he was wrong to have a different opinion or to voice it,if you noticed I said "I beg to differ" not " you're wrong" and that was in response to you saying "No harm in him resigning" Well I beg to differ,I think its quite damaging cause it suggest things have turned ugly and is unresolvable and Nadal looks like a child throwing tantrum by leaving cause he cant have his way.Of course I could be wrong but thats the way its coming across to me

My comment clearly indicates that while I respect and acknowledge your opinion,mine differs,Im not shutting you down and saying you're wrong because your opinions differs to mine
This is basically how Nadal handled the situation,when Federer didn't agree,he accused him of not caring about everyone else burning themselves out,he only cares about "gentleman's image"
Theres obviously more to the story and even if what he said was lost in translation Nadal should have known better then to moan to the media rather then take it up with Federer,I thought they were friends
But I maintain the opinion that if Nadal really believed in the cause he wouldn't run away or quit.I doubt this would even be the scandal it is if Nadal handled the situation in a more profession way rather then get personal

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:47 pm

You really do talk a load of b*llocks Veejay.
So repetitive atleast Tenez posts about other things, not just assertions against Nadal.

amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:52 pm

Knowing how Nadal wanted to change the game and how he saw the future of tennis, it's a good thing he resigned. I did not like him there to start with. I am glad the other players cameto their senses and disagreed with him.

I am surprised it took that long for them to realise. I hope the new ATP president was also against Nadal's ideas and one factor pushing him out.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:06 pm

amritia3ee wrote:You really do talk a load of b*llocks Veejay.
So repetitive atleast Tenez posts about other things, not just assertions against Nadal.

A good word i would use to describe that is pleonastic Very Happy im a clever boi :P

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:09 pm

LuvSports I think you accidentally put your comment as my quote too Smile
'Alas in this day and age we can claim a quote from anyone and everyone will believe you' George Bush 2007
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:18 pm

was that GHB or GWB?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:18 pm

i agreeify with that amrit. I must learnificate so things will be goodified!

for more details see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLhQHeyOrnY Very Happy

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:21 pm

That quote wasn't from George Bush, I made it up Smile
Read the quote and you might get the joke.
Anyway now enough is enough I must compile the list, give me 5 min.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:22 pm

amritia3ee wrote:That quote wasn't from George Bush, I made it up Smile
Read the quote and you might get the joke.
Anyway now enough is enough I must compile the list, give me 5 min.

Doh I get it now, very good!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:27 pm

Thankyou Hug
Alas, I am nearly midway through compiling the list.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:36 pm

Anti-Nadal posts by Veejay:

This is basically how Nadal handled the situation,when Federer didn't agree,he accused him of not caring about everyone else burning themselves out,he only cares about "gentleman's image"
Theres obviously more to the story and even if what he said was lost in translation Nadal should have known better then to moan to the media rather then take it up with Federer,I thought they were friends
But I maintain the opinion that if Nadal really believed in the cause he wouldn't run away or quit.I doubt this would even be the scandal it is if Nadal handled the situation in a more profession way rather then get personal

I believe is more mental then technical superiority,and in terms of tennis I think Murray is far more talented were as Nadals talent lies in being a pure athlete,he has a shot at almost any sport

I dont buy him feeling guilty,but I think you made a very good point about Nadal struggling to abide by the serving rule.I think that has had a clear effect on his service games as not only Roger but Nalbandian were able to put a lot of pressure on him during his service games
Those extra 15-20 seconds he takes are vital for him and taking it away has forced him out of his comfort zone
If the umpires keep this up,things look grim for him

If Nadal had gone to the bathroom once or twice throughout his career this wouldn't be an issue but he does this in almost every match he is about to lose,its not just a bathroom break,theres phantom injuries,constant lies about his injury diagnoses,the constant on court coaching,breaking the serving time limit rule and food poisoning
He calls trainers on creating drama when theres nothing wrong with him,he is always "injured" but yet never looks injured and miraculously after abusing medical time outs the injury is nowhere to be seen or heard of in the next match and then you see him in the final or winning the tournament
He has also been accused of various forms of "bullying" making his opponents wait for him all the time etc...
On top of all of that he is also part of the Spanish Federation...

Ruffin may be right but we cant make excuses for Nadal.He knows what he does is fundamentally wrong in the spirit of sport and its frowned upon so he should know better
Every time he resorts to such tactics it taints his win,and this seems to be a problem thats getting a little out of hand with him.He never used to do this before,but now its getting worse and worse
As some others have said,we need to draw the line somewhere

How desperate are Nadals tactics these days? When Roger is serving for the match Nadal runs off court for a bathroom break.He may have been quick cause he had to be but it was a pure mind tactic to upset Roger serving rhythm and it worked as Roger started having problems finding his 1st serve
Then on match point Nadal calls to stop the match!
I know it was starting to rain slightly but I doubt he would have called to stop the match if it was him who was serving at match point .Not only that,its widely regarded as an unwritten rule that when such a instance arises,the player down usually waits for the umpire to call it,they don't decide to stop playing themselves
Roger may have ignored all this but it was once again a pretty poor display of sportsmanship coming from the Spaniard

It was his shoulder injury which apparently was bothering since before the WTF
After losing to Federer there he claimed there was nothing wrong him and then before the seasons started he claimed he would be out in February for this shoulder injury which apparently has been bothering him since before the WTF and was the reason why he didn't have time to adjust to changing rackets during the off season
Then the Sunday when the AO started,he was sitting in the hotel room and his knee " exploded" (out of nowhere) but yet throughout the tournament there were no signs of any knee injury holding him back
So every year after the AO he has been out on a joint injury.

If Nadal hits one ace in a match its an achievement by his standards,3 +..wow..we're talking about breaking personal records here..dont expect it to stop there in the next few weeks
But as usual you're not looking at the bigger picture..for him to be able to achieve any of that,pace plays a big part,how do you add such pace in under 4 weeks when everything else you've tried didnt do the trick?
Change of grip resulted in a quick fix which had no long term improvement
Changing rackets didn't seem to do much either
But 4 weeks off tour seemed to do the trick

He has barely lived half a life time let alone a full one,which is why I joked that its probably just pages of injury stories milking every drop of sympathy from his fans for all its worth
Perhaps its just the agency that represents him,saw an opportunity to market him via a book cause due to the language barrier he doesn't connect as easy with the public as Djokovic and Federer do.It would kinda explain the scandal of the book partially written in English.It seemed a little too good to be true that with his busy schedule and juggling a new injury every week he still managed to find time write a book in English
Sorry I don't buy the on court coaching as a bad habit that he is finding impossible to control
Some of those "extreme" Federer fans believe they figured out his and uncle Tonis sign language...well I don't know about that

He also supposedly has serious career threatening injuries during matches but somehow miraculously he fights through the pain by running and jumping around for another 3 +hours risking not only his career but millions in prize money and endorsements,when under normal circumstances anyone with a similar sort of injury would be limping off court in agony

Theres no point in arguing over this cause theres no way you will ever believe it,I just find it strange that for someone who is literally injured all the time,he never looks remotely injured and the time he takes off tour due to these supposed injuries is at the exact same time every year like clock work.
The players he faced when taking his tactical medical time outs have all said they don't think he was injured,you cant blame them for being suspicious.He has an injury in a specific match at a specific time then the injury completely disappeared by the following match only to find him in the finals of the tournament or winning it
When Del Potro was injured he was sidelined for the entire season.Of course his injury was more serious but Nadal always has a new injury on the horizon and every time he recovers from his injuries virtually in days not weeks or months
Last year he recovered from his hamstring injury in just over a week! It may only have been a strain but hamstring injuries are extremely dangerous,cause they never heal properly.I find it hard to believe his physio would have given him the green light after a few days rest
Its not unfair to assume that he wasn't really injured if he can recover from injuries in record time

Recently the cracks in Nadals persona has started to show,apparently the rumour in the locker room is that he isn't the easy going guy he once was,add to the fact that he calls for the end year ranking to be every second year and to shorten the season because its killing him,which will mostly only benefit himself,all while he plays non mandatory tournaments and exhibition matches for huge appearance fees
Maybe he is struggling to cope with the demand of being a pro athlete,but if thats the case,why attack Roger in public?

Regardless that really gave everyone and idea of what he really thinks of Roger,that he thinks he's fake and that he is more concerned about preserving his gentlemanly image
I used to be a fan of Nadal before all of this,like you I thought he was very humble and portrayed characteristics which I really admired.I don't know if its his competitive nature,the pressure he's constantly under or if he is just the product of uncle Tonis twisted way of living his dream through his nephew,but I would like to believe he is better then this cause at times he does seem really genuine.He just keeps dong things that suggest otherwise
I know him and Roger have a good relationship but don't I think its all its made out to be.I don't think Roger will ever get over the fact that he couldn't beat someone who he considers to be completely one dimensional and Nadal may never get over playing second fiddle to Roger and now Djokovic.You can almost feel the tension and sense of intimidation between them,Nadals admires and respects Rogers greatness but probably doesn't buy into all the GOAT stuff and Nadal is probably the only player who Roger is really intimidated by on a tennis court.In light of all the doping allegations I wouldn't be surprised if Roger has personally questioned it himself.Of course theres a big difference between wondering if theres any truth behind it and flat out believing that its true,but I don't think he is so close to Nadal that he would have personal reasons to be suspicious or that he would defend Nadal no matter what

amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:37 pm

That's around half of it.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:39 pm

i aint goona read thattttt dammmmmnnnnnn its almost bed time

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:40 pm

I'm only half-way through.
But I'll post the rest tomorrow so I don't disturb your sleep Luvsports. Smile

Goodnight Hug
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:43 pm

Don't you have anything better to do? I mean, that was part of your life used up there.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:45 pm

Of course the I-hate-Nadal-PED-thread is banned and his comments on that thread is hidden. So really I've covered around 33% of all his anti-Nadal posts.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:46 pm

what's the point of the list? it's perfectly fine to dislike a player... If you disagree, debate or ignore?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:47 pm

bogbrush wrote:Don't you have anything better to do? I mean, that was part of your life used up there.
It didn't take long; if you go on the 'stats' page they show all the posts. Considering around 97% of them were anti-Nadal I could copy and paste in blocks, with Control C+V it barely took any time at all.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:50 pm

reckoner wrote:what's the point of the list? it's perfectly fine to dislike a player... If you disagree, debate or ignore?
Answer:
LuvSports! wrote:it is tennis so i find most of the news interesting, but I just dont like the constant nadal bashing

Its relentless, constant, repetitive and frankly boring now.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:51 pm

Ok, but what's the point?

Never mind, your privilege but nobody will read it.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by spuranik Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:52 pm

bogbrush wrote:Don't you have anything better to do? I mean, that was part of your life used up there.

It is an attempt to divert the whole discussion... Lets not discuss what Veejay is actually saying. First, accuse him of being a Nadal hater, compile a list to prove a point and in the meantime, topic on hand is conveniently forgotten.

The only refute I have seen on this thread is calling what Veejay says as boll*cks...

So, in a nutshell, her time wasn't actually wasted at all...

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:53 pm

Even I'm not gonna read it Laugh
It's not there to be read, it's the extent of it, all the same garbage, and by my calculations that's not even 30% of it.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:54 pm

spuranik wrote:

It is an attempt to divert the whole discussion... Lets not discuss what Veejay is actually saying. First, accuse him of being a Nadal hater, compile a list to prove a point and in the meantime, topic on hand is conveniently forgotten.

The only refute I have seen on this thread is calling what Veejay says as boll*cks...

So, in a nutshell, her time wasn't actually wasted at all...
Well the list is a list, you can made your own observations from it and draw any conclusions you like.
And I'm a *he* not a *she*, thanks.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:56 pm

amritia3ee wrote:Even I'm not gonna read it Laugh
It's not there to be read, it's the extent of it, all the same garbage, and by my calculations that's not even 30% of it.
So what? I dont get what the problem is. I never questioned Wise_Analyst or Dr_Sincere about their right to post against Federer.

Veejay has a point of view.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by spuranik Mon 26 Mar 2012, 11:59 pm

As I said, it is not there to prove a point... Just divert the attention.

Call it garbage or call it Love sacks or anything else its clear that you can't refute his point of view without insults.

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Tue 27 Mar 2012, 12:00 am

Bogbrush: Yes we realised that, an extreme point of view. But how many posts, how many times the same same stuff. What's not scary is that that whole list was barely 30% of the anti-Nadal propoganda, but there are many posters who post practically exactly the same things again and again.

Spuranik: How is posting a list of his comments meant to be insulting him???
It's just a list, draw your own conclusions.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Tue 27 Mar 2012, 12:05 am

amritia3ee wrote:Yes we realised that, an extreme point of view. But how many posts, how many times the same same stuff. What's not scary is that that whole list was barely 30% of the anti-Nadal propoganda, but there are many posters who post practically exactly the same things again and again.

Well, the issue here is that you are calling it propaganda (and worse), but aren't actually saying why. Most of those things actually happen - Nadal does take too long between points, he does disrupt play when losing, he was campaigning to change the game so it suited him...

So are you saying these are all valid points and you are bored of hearing them? Or trying to say no one should mention it? I'm honestly not sure where you're going with it...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by spuranik Tue 27 Mar 2012, 12:07 am

amritia3ee wrote:Spuranik: How is posting a list of his comments meant to be insulting him???
It's just a list, draw your own conclusions.

Posting a list is not insulting. Calling his opinions bolloc*s or garbage without actually refuting the points is.

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next