The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cena rock *spoilers*

+3
TwisT
owen10ozzy
Ent
7 posters

Go down

Cena rock *spoilers* Empty Cena rock *spoilers*

Post by Ent Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:20 am

Just watched raw and have to say the final cena rock promo was a damp squib.

Perhaps I'm just tired but they managed to kill the crowd.

Thought rock rambled on initially but managed to claw it back and cena after an initial pop quite frankly bored the crowd, who remained flat for the final (quite good) exchange.

I also now can't see anything but a clean cena win at wm which is disappointing.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Cena rock *spoilers* Empty Re: Cena rock *spoilers*

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:46 am

Agree was very uneventful...however I would assume that they are hoping people will tune in for wrestlemania because they want to see these two go at it...keeping them from doing so has I think been a good move!

As you said the initial period was a little lifeless from dwayne though he managed to start picking it up. And then...ahhhhhhhh!!! Cena comes to the ring and almost immediately kills the crowd. I can really no longer stand his overbearing/corny behaviour. His walk to the ring, pander to the crowd/kids..his crappy faces and little winks etc. his initial little speech whilst raised good points fell on deaf ears. He could have really pulled some people round his way if only he could actually deliver a speech which keeps the audience in his hand and interested!! Sad thing is..he is capable as proved in the last couple of mins when he got a little irate.

The talking point for me is that he has this moral code he wants to stick to and says he loves the wwe and will always beat the drum but won't change just because people don't like his charachter. Well sorry johnny boy but the fans are the heartbeat of the wwe...without them you wouldn't be where you are! Your a superstar...were not asking you to change your moral code in life..just asking for you to change your persona that has become so stale and boring!

The more this feud has gone on the more I have thought that it is likely that cena is having a big part in keeping a heel turn from happening! Genuinely don't think he cares for it or feels its necessary.

On a side not...fantastic selling/acting from the rock again when it came to looking peed off! Mind you there were times when I think he really was and just wanted to thrown down for real there and then!

I actually think this match will outshine punk and Jericho (brave shout I know) but I just think that because of the genuine amniousity between the two they will not hold back and this could result in a really engaging battle...

But im afraid to say I can't see anything other than a cena win...and unless there is a heel turn then I honestly think the wwe should expect a real decrease in viewing figures following april 1st!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:55 am

The more this feud has gone on the more I have thought that it is likely that cena is having a big part in keeping a heel turn from happening! Genuinely don't think he cares for it or feels its necessary.

Cena wants to be the new Hogan. The thing is even Hogan saw the need to go heel to freshen up his character. And that led to one of the biggest factions in wrestling history and a boom period.

On a side issue, I think they have plugged this match to overkill now. I am much more interested in HHH v Undertaker and Jericho v Punk. Knowing how dull the match will be, I will probably x6 it, because the only thing I am interested in is the ending.

Depending on the end decides whether or not I have to go to A&E with a cut foot. Caused by me stomping my leg through the TV screen.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:02 am

Agreed if its the clean cena win and the handshake I'll be turning off.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:17 am

We won't be the only one. That is why the WWE are plugging RAW the next day with "major developments". Trying to coax those back with false promises.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:28 pm

For the last Raw i am very dissapointed

No Undertaker, HHH, HBK and Jericho. However i believe the Punk and Jericho has been superb and that has does the best in the sense of build up for me.

As for Rock and Cena well i expected a much better promo. But i really dont see the feud finishing at Mania unless there are handshakes which is the case my TV will take a battering.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:53 pm

Ent wrote:Agreed if its the clean cena win and the handshake I'll be turning off.

I expect you will be anyway as Cena Vs Rock will close the show

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:55 pm

I do like how Punk and Jericho is being built up. I think that it's the best built up out of the RAW matches.

Cena vs Rock...A bit of a "meh" promo. I didn't really like the Rock stopping halfway through his promo just to let 5 people in the crowd chant "Boots 2 asses". But besides that, it should be a good match.

I loved the promo for HHH vs Taker, but wish there was a bit more interaction between them. But, should be a good match non the less.

As for Team Teddy vs. Team Laurinitis - I'm really not fussed.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:03 am

What I didn't get about the final segment netween Cena and Rocky was that neither of them acted like they wanted to kick the other guys ass at all.

Think back to Austin-Rock in the build to WM17 and they were attacking each other at every opportunity despite their issue being over who is no.1 rather than a personal animosity.

Here Rock and Cena have been getting personal all year, and they still don't throwdown at the end.

I think the segment also proved once and for all that Rock has been reigning it in to get Cena over as his equal. When was the last time you saw Rock stand there and do nothing but listen to another wrestler's promo? Were there any notes on his arm this week? Even Cena busted Rock's "it doesn't matter what you think" catchphrase which previously only Foley had actually used against Rock.

It all seemed needlessly padded out and I can't believe we had to wait until the final promo before Wrestlemania to get a good reason from Rock as to why he wants to fight Cena. (Rock pointed out he'd be the only man to beat Hogan, Austin and Cena at Wrestlemania which is good enough motivation for anyone I'd imagine). Meanwhile Cena trotted out his usual "I've got to beat you because I'm here every week" line.

Plus Cena had his stupid goofy smile again for 2 thirds of his time on camera.

And I hate to say it because I usually take exception to people saying they'll stop watching if so and so does this or that, but after RAW finished, I turned to my sister and said if Cena wins clean and theres a handshake or nothing else, I'll take another extended sabbatical from wrestling (the last time anything put a bad enough taste in my mouth to do that was one of my favourites snapping and killing himself and his family).

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down