The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, who's buying?

+12
BigPhil
liverbnz
Ritsos
Beer
Statto00
NickisBHAFC
djcc2004
bretmeharty
nasisillmatic
MIG
TwisT
sodhat
16 posters

Go down

Are you buying Wrestlemania 28?

So, who's buying? Vote_lcap74%So, who's buying? Vote_rcap 74% 
[ 25 ]
So, who's buying? Vote_lcap26%So, who's buying? Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 34

So, who's buying? Empty So, who's buying?

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:00 am

Simple question out of curiosity - but who is buying Wrestlemania via box office this coming Sunday?

Now we have the full WWE sell set in stone and the card confirmed, has anyone had an about turn or is it a case of always buying Mania (a bit like me)?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

So, who's buying? Empty Re: So, who's buying?

Post by TwisT Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:12 am

I will probably buy it and tape it.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

I always buy Mania. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:21 am

Maybe the question should have been 'who's watching Mania' because I'm sure some of us will be watching perhaps without paying...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:25 am

Please dont mention anything about streams etc. Its not allowed (as it breaks out terms of services with our forum host)

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:36 am

Could I possibly go as far as saying if you don't watch Wrestlemania then you probably aren't a wrestling fan?
I know this will go down badly with non WWE fan wrestling fans, but come on, this is the grandaddy of them all right!?!?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 27 Mar 2012, 11:00 am

I always buy WM on box office, it is the 1 event I don't begrudge paying for.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 11:02 am

I shall be buying it.

The good thing about Mania is that matches lower down the card can throw up some top performances. Looking forward to Kane v Orton.

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 27 Mar 2012, 11:06 am

MIG wrote:Could I possibly go as far as saying if you don't watch Wrestlemania then you probably aren't a wrestling fan?
I know this will go down badly with non WWE fan wrestling fans, but come on, this is the grandaddy of them all right!?!?

I will be buying it and watching it because the card is pretty strong and on paper it should be a decent show, however i dont buy into the theroy that people should watch it just because it's wrestlemania and its the "big one"

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 27 Mar 2012, 11:22 am

bretmeharty wrote:
MIG wrote:Could I possibly go as far as saying if you don't watch Wrestlemania then you probably aren't a wrestling fan?

I will be buying it and watching it because the card is pretty strong and on paper it should be a decent show, however i dont buy into the theroy that people should watch it just because it's wrestlemania and its the "big one"

Yeah but out of all the Wrestlemania's so far, how many have been a let down?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 27 Mar 2012, 11:41 am

MIG wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:

Yeah but out of all the Wrestlemania's so far, how many have been a let down?

Last years for a start, to many quick matches, a couple of pointless ones as well, many of the matches didnt have no build up, focus was on on Cena and rock,

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by djcc2004 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm

I will be buying and spliting cost with a mate, few drinks,pizza and a bit of fifa before Yahoo

i dont have a phone line connected to my sky plus box so last time ordered the royal rumble over the phone. does anyone know if i order it over the internet it will be on my sky box to watch? and not just on sky player on the internet.

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

Should be on your box as well mate, it charges your account so everything your account be connected to in terms of sky box or player will allow you to watch it

I can't get the day off work so will buy it, question is do I go work shattered or have a media blackout on the Monday until I get home and watch then

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 27 Mar 2012, 2:44 pm

gazzyD wrote:Should be on your box as well mate, it charges your account so everything your account be connected to in terms of sky box or player will allow you to watch it

I can't get the day off work so will buy it, question is do I go work shattered or have a media blackout on the Monday until I get home and watch then

I'm in the same boat as you but have opted to go into work and watch it on the Monday night at 5pm. I know that if I stay up for it live I won't enjoy it with work looming.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:30 pm

I always buy the big 4

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:10 am

I've already ordered it (in HD too). Love the PPVs; split it with a friend and it works out cheaper than going to the cinema.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:19 am

I can't get the day off so it will depend on tiredness/enthusiasm.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritsos Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:27 am

Definately buying, will do the standard PPV routine.

Play football on the Sunday morning, got 5 or 6 people heading round about 6pm, then head to Nando's for a pre-PPV meal, then head home hit a bit of FIFA and be settled ready to watch at midnight.

Think I'm possibly a liitle over-excited. Great strong card just hope the matches can live up to the expectation!

Ritsos

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:51 am

Does it start at midnight?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:53 am

Midnight to 4am I believe

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:58 am

Will be watching the next day online I guess. The build-up has been woeful and I don't think my interest in wrestling has been any lower than it is right now. I'm hanging on by the fingertips of habit.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Wed 28 Mar 2012, 12:06 pm

I'm watching it with friends, but if I wasn't I would River it.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 28 Mar 2012, 12:24 pm

I'll be buying it.

Rock-Cena would have got me to buy on its own, but add the Cell (I have a feeling Triple H is going off the top of it), Punk-Jericho purely from a workrate perspective, the chance that Teddy Long will be banished from my TV screen in a match that has my current favourite Dolph Ziggler in it, it's a must buy for me.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 28 Mar 2012, 2:06 pm

What makes you think Triple H is going off the top of the cell?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 28 Mar 2012, 2:58 pm

MIG wrote:What makes you think Triple H is going off the top of the cell?

Several things really.

1) Regardless of whether last year's match was actually any good, it was booked in such a brilliant way that it hid Undertaker's limitations and got the crowd emotionally engaged. This year will be no different, but last years match pushed the PG boundaries to their limits. As Gordon asks at the end of Batman Begins, "What about Escalation?". Simply encasing the same match in a cell won't do the job alone.

2) During the hype videos for the Cell, the visuals of Foley and Michaels falling off or through the cell have been more prominently placed. But maybe this is just me taking more notice this year.

3) The whole match smells of Triple H trying to one up the returning Rock. I can't think of a better and more guaranteed way to have people leave Wrestlemania talking about your match instead.

4) The Hell in a Cell PPV has run its course and while it is still on the calendar for 2012, I think its a red herring and that kayfabe wise the Cell will be retired, which also falls under the whole "End of an Era" hype. How do you retire a gimmick match? Ban it for being too brutal.

5) The storyline for last years match and feud was that Undertaker was passed it and Triple H won the war. Undertaker has stated his modus operandi for the match this year is to banish all memories of the beating he took last year and dispell doubts about his abilities. What better way to do that than absolutely destroying HHH comprehensively.

6) It would more effectively return Triple H to being a non in-ring performer than him simply saying "Taker you beat me, I'm done".

Maybe I've just thought about it too much, but logically, Triple H coming off the cell through a table would be the best pay off as his best friend, HBK, can only watch on and effectively relive two of the worst nightmares in his career (the beating he took in the first Hell In Cell match back in 1997 and being outmatched two years running by the Deadman).

I've also assumed Undertaker is winning the match in all this so I might be completely off the mark.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:01 pm

Don Caboose wrote:
MIG wrote:What makes you think Triple H is going off the top of the cell?

Several things really.

1) Regardless of whether last year's match was actually any good, it was booked in such a brilliant way that it hid Undertaker's limitations and got the crowd emotionally engaged. This year will be no different, but last years match pushed the PG boundaries to their limits. As Gordon asks at the end of Batman Begins, "What about Escalation?". Simply encasing the same match in a cell won't do the job alone.

2) During the hype videos for the Cell, the visuals of Foley and Michaels falling off or through the cell have been more prominently placed. But maybe this is just me taking more notice this year.

3) The whole match smells of Triple H trying to one up the returning Rock. I can't think of a better and more guaranteed way to have people leave Wrestlemania talking about your match instead.

4) The Hell in a Cell PPV has run its course and while it is still on the calendar for 2012, I think its a red herring and that kayfabe wise the Cell will be retired, which also falls under the whole "End of an Era" hype. How do you retire a gimmick match? Ban it for being too brutal.

5) The storyline for last years match and feud was that Undertaker was passed it and Triple H won the war. Undertaker has stated his modus operandi for the match this year is to banish all memories of the beating he took last year and dispell doubts about his abilities. What better way to do that than absolutely destroying HHH comprehensively.

6) It would more effectively return Triple H to being a non in-ring performer than him simply saying "Taker you beat me, I'm done".

Maybe I've just thought about it too much, but logically, Triple H coming off the cell through a table would be the best pay off as his best friend, HBK, can only watch on and effectively relive two of the worst nightmares in his career (the beating he took in the first Hell In Cell match back in 1997 and being outmatched two years running by the Deadman).

I've also assumed Undertaker is winning the match in all this so I might be completely off the mark.

That's too good reasoning for WWE to do that Laugh Id love to see someone go off the top of the cell again kinda of wonder how their going to be able to lift and lower it with it being in an outdoor stadium?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:33 pm

[quote="Don Caboose"]
MIG wrote:Maybe I've just thought about it too much, but logically, Triple H coming off the cell through a table would be the best pay off as his best friend, HBK, can only watch on and effectively relive two of the worst nightmares in his career (the beating he took in the first Hell In Cell match back in 1997 and being outmatched two years running by the Deadman).

If/when Triple H would be thrown off of the cell, I could imagine HBK looking on and then when Taker returns into the cell, HBK looks at him and removes his referee shirt and starts taking on Taker himself while Triple H is down and him with sweet chin music just as Triple H returns to the ring and he covers him. HBK counts to 2 but decides he can't as Triple H should have lost the match as Taker could have easily won as Triple H was thrown from the cell but didn't leading to HBK doing sweet chin music on Triple H, pulling Taker over him and counting 3 walking out the cell as the one left standing. My thinking for this is HBK's ego has been mentioned by Hunter a few times in the fued what better way to have that ego fed then being the 1 person to walk out the cell at the end of the match?

This would lead to WM29 Undertaker Vs Triple H Vs HBK, this being the match that WWE announce early in the year as its been announced they want another year long build up, you different aspects to the build up, Taker/Shawn, Taker/Triple H, Triple H/Shawn. You could have at Survivor Series Team Triple H Vs Team HBK or DX Vs Undertaker & A.N Other, where Taker realises he needs help to overcome DX in a match so asks someone, maybe Kane? Wouldn't need to be face or anything just Taker saying better the devil you know than the evil you don't. Or maybe Orton as he has history with both HBK and Triple H, just someone who can take a good portion of the match and carry Taker on their team.

Just a few thoughts....

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 30 Mar 2012, 9:49 am

I cant get the Monday off but I will still be heading down to my mates house to watch it. I havent done anything hardcore like that since the PPV where Edge cashed in the first ever Money In The Bank briefcase on John Cena after he had won the Elimination Chamber.

Will be knackered on Monday but hopefully it will be worth it.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Fri 30 Mar 2012, 11:25 am

I was in work the morning after the Rumble this year, and it was painful to get through the day, so I made sure I booked it off for Wrestlemania Recovery time.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 11:27 am

p.s. For those staying up and watching it we will have the chat box on here for it. The record for the chat box is 27 people (Rumble last year) lets beat it this year!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:02 pm

60 hours to go!
(Not that im counting or anything)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down