The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your best footballing achievement

+8
asdral225
Uryu Ishida
Marky
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
cherriesfna
President Trump
Good Golly I'm Olly
12 posters

Go down

Your best footballing achievement Empty Your best footballing achievement

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:46 pm

Mine is being chosen to be part of the Norwich City academy for a year as a goalkeeper! (then I was dumped Sad )

What is your best footballing achievement?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Your best footballing achievement Empty Re: Your best footballing achievement

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:50 pm

My best ever goal.

A corner came in and I went to clear it, but it bounced off my shin and flew in the top left corner on the volley. An unstoppable shot, but a shame it was at the wrong end!

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:54 pm

Laugh Laugh

My best ever piece of goalkeeping was in the cup final for my local team! Just got it back to 1-1 with ten minutes left and the ball trickled through, but my eye got distracted and I missed the ball letting the striker score!! We still won 3-2 thankfully Cool
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:59 pm

Playing at U14 level, winning the Cup and coming 2nd in the league and coming top goal scorer with 47 goals, 3 short or winning a bet with my uncle for £50

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:02 pm

my first(and last) competetive game, U11 croosed in me waiting at the far post 1 yard open goal, sliced wide.

but when i was 7 i scored a 1st time non-bouce volley with my weaker foot!
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:03 pm

ollyrules wrote:Mine is being chosen to be part of the Norwich City academy for a year as a goalkeeper! (then I was dumped Sad )

didnt you have teh 12 fingers required :P
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

cherriesfan wrote:
ollyrules wrote:Mine is being chosen to be part of the Norwich City academy for a year as a goalkeeper! (then I was dumped Sad )

didnt you have teh 12 fingers required :P

Funny. mad
They had to choose between me and Angus Gunn (Bryan Gunn's son) and they chose him. He is miles better than me and now plays for Man City but I like to think it was biased because he was a club legends son king
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

cherriesfan wrote:my first(and last) competetive game, U11 croosed in me waiting at the far post 1 yard open goal, sliced wide.

I have now realised where your love of all things Heskey comes from Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:12 pm

I once did a Karate Kid style crane kick on a ball floated into the box which then rocketed into the top corner.
My son has been at Macclesfield Juniors for a year and just starting to have competitive matches, I've been asked to manage the team so am looking to do FA coaching badges over the coming months.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 28 Mar 2012, 11:33 pm

Firstly let me clarify I am a truly awful football player, words do not describe. I play my mates with the park as they emphasise fun over ability as no team would ever consider me. We normally play 5 a side (or however many we can scrape together).

One day we went down to the big pitch in our town for a proper 11 v 11 against a couple of guys who had been joining in with us recently a their mates.

Playing a full 90 minute game we were 2-0 down aftter 75 minutes so despite normally being a defender, I was shoved up front. As I'm famously awful I was dismissed and no one bothered to mark me, until after about 5 minutes I ran, unmarked, into the box and scored, a real far post tap in (think Gary Caldwell vs France for Scotland), this was dismissed as a fluke and I again was left unmarked and a few minutes later I scored another almost identical goal to level the scores at 2-2.

In the dying seconds of the game I again recived the ball in the box, I got the ball stuck under my feet (which inevitably happens when I try to control it), from behind me one of the opposition defenders came in with a overzelous takle, missing the ball and taking me out. Since we play without a ref this resulted in much arguing, and the decision was made that we would get a penalty with the last kick of the game, but I would have to take it, and I scored, we won 3-2.

To this day these remain the only goals I have scored in even relativly credible circumstances, but to score a hatrick to win the game for my team, as sad as it is it will remain one of my fondest memories.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:48 am

One of the best ones in my case was when someone I knew was known to kick the defender's heels and trip himself over to win penalties. He knew he was cheating, he called it "part of the game".

Anyway, on this day I was the defender, much slower than him, and as he ran past me, in the penalty area, I stuck out a leg, got none of the ball, and sent him legitimately face first to the floor.

I immediately shook my head, loudly called him a "cheating ****" and his own teammates told him to get up, he was gobsmacked and I could barely hide my laughs!

We lost, but that's irrelevent!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:19 pm

We just won the school cup final 2-0 Yahoo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:58 pm

i dunno if this counts but im running the line in a hampshire cup final on sunday
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 7:14 pm

I'll always remember my fist goal.

13, playing against bottom of the league, my manager started me on the bench even though in training I'd been knocking them in on the regular. I was psyched up to get on and was bought on at half time.

Within 3 or 4 minutes, a goal mouth scrambled ensued, the ball was cleared but only as far as me on the edge of the area, caught the ball flush and it soared into the roof of the net.

Amazing feeling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Thu 29 Mar 2012, 7:39 pm

2 moments for me.

Year 8: most of the kids were not allowed in due to some reason and in PE, pulled off the luckiest shot of my life. When a player scored the GK would boot it into play instead of a proper restart, i just scored when he sliced it towards me, Curved Volley as he stood there gobsmacked. went on to score 4 that day.

year 9: A cup match was on and I had put my name down as did 90% of the quality guys ( i'm in the lower 10% of those who have little skill ( as i was very fat back then, still am tbh :P ) and these guys were playing for Hucknall and Arnold Town ), I was a sub and we were 2-0 down at half time, 52nd minute I was let loose for all of 5 minutes, ran through the centre of the pitch and avoided most challenges and had 1 chance at goal, was saved and I said the following:

"WHAT THE HELLS GOING ON?!, WE SHOULD BE WINNING THIS BECAUSE IF I CAN DO THAT YOU ALL MUST BE COMPLETE MUPPETS!"

We won 4-3, I got beaten up on the minibus back by my own team. What a way to end it...

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 9:44 pm

All the local secondary schools were asked to send a few players along for trials for Surrey County, I was picked to go along.
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 29 Mar 2012, 10:04 pm

Personnel achievement scoring 4 goals in 4 games vs Cardiff City academy when I was playing for my local academy, I was playing CDM and a corner had been delivered, I was about 25 yards out ready for the clearing header, the ball came in, the ball was headed out towards the centre of the goal, I came running in and smashed it top right hand corner. Team achievement was making the welsh cup finals day in Cardiff with my club. We had been on tour Friday to Sunday in Weymouth, played a tournament on the Saturday and had to leave at 5am from our caravan site to make the finals day. Met Neville Southall there too.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:32 pm

Impressing the Luton Town youth manager whilst playing against them for my Town side. Never got a trial though. I can only presume he came back and I had a stinker.

Still, my dad was pleased I nearly did at least.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:57 pm

I used to play in a charity Sunday league for local companies. I was just the sub (which always peed me off) this day but I came on during the second half with the score at 2-2. The other team were playing an offside trap and I had possession and they were pushing out and the only pass on was to an offside player. I nutmegged one of their defenders which sent me clear through and then I lobbed the ball (Messi Style) over the advancing goalie and into the net. Because I was so peed off at being only a sub. I didn't celebrate at all (Balotelli style) but inside I was so chuffed.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 08 Apr 2012, 6:54 pm

Switched schools and day before the game got asked if I could play football, namely in goal, mentioned I used to play in goal every so often and got told I could play next day if I wanted. From which helped my school to its first unbeaten half term in as long as anyone could remember.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down