The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranked Opposition

2 posters

Go down

Ranked Opposition Empty Ranked Opposition

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:59 pm

Having found myself with time off work having taken some needless holiday, the boredom of which has led me to my putting together yet more needless statistics.

There seems to be a trend of criticism towards any fighter for fighting opposition who aren't deemed good enough, there are some rather obvious cases but I have always felt that any fighter ranked by the ring magazine is a worthy opponent.

Basically i'm going to try and compare the opposition of great fighters by condensing there records down to only those who were ranked at the time of the fight, any help would be appreciated.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Ranked Opposition Empty Re: Ranked Opposition

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 28 Mar 2012, 9:22 am

Sounds like a good idea. Wouldn't have enough time for such a task but look forward to the results. Any idea how you're going to do it or release the results? Will it be a fighter at a time or done by division etc?

Do you think the results might become skewed by the odd case where someone fought someone who for whatever reason was rated too highly? Or where someone had a genuinely tough task but it was against someone not rated at the time but who went on to be rated extremely highly? Or do you think the examples of the above are minimal and The Ring ratings solid enough that it shouldn't have too much of an impact?

Good luck with it.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 28 Mar 2012, 10:46 am

There are flaws in the rankings but by and large they are a fair reflection.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down