The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Mids - Gone a bit weird since S6?

3 posters

Go down

Super Mids - Gone a bit weird since S6? Empty Super Mids - Gone a bit weird since S6?

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 16:56

For better or worse (I think better) the S6 brough a lot of attention to the division with great fights made. Since then however, not many big figts are being made. Let's have a look.

Andre Dirrell - 1 fight in two years, promotes himself...no fight in sight as it stands
Andre Ward- Crowned champ, but indifferent to Bute chanllenge and with no fight set yet. Who will he take on?
Mikkel Kessler- Injured, fighting Stielglitz, injured again...Green at LH?
Arthur Abraham- In tatters
Lucien Bute- After years at home (and one in Romania...also home) and much criticsm, decides to go to Notts for a fight against Carl Froch
Car Froch - Doing as always
Jermain Taylor- Back on the comeback
Glen Johnson - having his elbows done

Up and coming stars - Anthony Dirrell needs a fight and Rodriguez will prob have to wait a little longer for title shot. Groves might be getting Stieglitz.

I supposse what I am trying to ask is, where is the division going? Only one top fight is set for 2012 (Froch v Bute) and this in a division where competative matchups are almost impossible for a fighter with ambition to miss.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Super Mids - Gone a bit weird since S6? Empty Re: Super Mids - Gone a bit weird since S6?

Post by manos de piedra Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 9:57

I think it was always likely to quiet down a bit after the Super 6, especially since it was won in pretty decisive fashion.

Johnson is pretty much finished. Im not even sure he was ever really a top level SMW going into it as a replacement but if he was, he isnt anymore.

Taylor I believe is resufacing at middleweight.

Pavlik is now at SMW though so there is a real chance of seeing him in with one of the top guys soon I think. But if Bute gets through Froch then thats the fight everyone will want to see. Sadly Im not convinced it will come off as easily as it should.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Super Mids - Gone a bit weird since S6? Empty Re: Super Mids - Gone a bit weird since S6?

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 10:30

The above fighters are all either finished at SM, finished full stop or in the cases of the big 3 from the super 6 have fought each other already.

Ward beat Kessler and Froch convincingly. Froch and Kessler could rematch but Frochs tied into a harder fight at the moment. Bute is a welcome addition but he can only fight one at a time, so taking the above into account there aren't that many good fights that can be made at the moment.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down