The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There WILL be blood....or will there?

+7
TwisT
Beer
talkingpoint
hodge
Aaronb33
NickisBHAFC
SportOfWrestling
11 posters

Go down

There WILL be blood....or will there? Empty There WILL be blood....or will there?

Post by SportOfWrestling Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:14 am

The other thread on here predicting the finish for Rock-Cena made me think about the HIAC match, and a prediction I have for it.

I think for the first time in a couple years we will get some color.

Let me say, I'm not a big mark for blood and don't think it needs to be used in every match, or even very often - especially in the WWE today with their target audience once again being kids. But from movies to games children are exposed to violence and bloodletting on a fairly regular basis, and I don't think a little color will damage any of their minds.

In fact in the 80's when the WWF was pretty tame, there was still plenty of blood.

I think with the build up that this match is getting, combined with the physical condition the Undertaker is probably in (which will most likely lead to a lack of mobility on his part) and considering this match is going to be in a cage, it would only make sense to have at least some. Either Taker bleeds, showing more vulnerability, or HHH bleeds to show what a bad-ass Taker still is.

WWE started a strict no-blood policy some time ago around the time that they cut out swearing on TV, and we see how often that rule has been broken over the past year.

SportOfWrestling

http://www.sportofwrestling.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

There WILL be blood....or will there? Empty Re: There WILL be blood....or will there?

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:27 am

Well last year at Mania during the Taker HHH there was some chair shots to the head which i believe is banned hence them both taking a fine after Mania due to it.

So i really think there will be some very brutal scenes this year and what it being hell in the cell and the "end of an erra" ring to it i can see them having some very nasty scenes. Blood quite possiably.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

There WILL be blood....or will there? Empty Re: There WILL be blood....or will there?

Post by Aaronb33 Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:39 am

I can't see them having "the end of an era" without a bit of juice, if only to tell everyone that the days of wrestlers blading is over, kinda tie it in with the theme of the match. I think that may be a bit too deep for the E though....but anyways, yes, I expect blood. Its probably the biggest Cell match ever in terms of star power (although some will probably argue that), they NEED blood IMO. I'm another one who doesn't like to see it often, á la Ric Flair, but I think it really can add to a match immensely.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:42 am

I'm expecting blood tbh, can't see there not being blood after last year with taker and triple h taking fines for the chair shots

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:25 pm

well considering last year's match was fairly brutal with chair shots, spine busters onto commentary desks and the like and what with the hyperbole from HHH about knowing exactly what he needs to do to get the job done then I think it would be an anti-climax without blood. There needs to be some top notch storytelling if there isn't!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:02 pm

I think with HHH and HBK involved you can guarantee one thing...

He'll be sitting at home is his armchair, his hall of fame rings on each hand. when the crimson starts flowing Ric Flair will blade himself in honour of his boys. He'll leap up from his chair and dust off the popcorn crumbs from his Y fronts and give the old Flair strut round his living room, 'wooing' at the rooftops.

Magic.

I wonder if they'll try some stunt like they did with the chair shots though?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:33 pm

The spots will be......

1. Annoucers table getting destroyed
2. Sledgehammer coming out
3. Throws to the cage
4. Brawling on the top of the cage
5. Blood.

.......in some order.

I don't expect they will spend a lot of time in the cell. They will come out of it fairly quickly to give them more options.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Missed off use of steel steps

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:52 pm

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:Missed off use of steel steps

True....any other bids for HITC bingo?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritsos Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Face scraping on the Cell wall once busted wide open

Ritsos

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:21 pm

I am going to be pretty brave here, but I think we will see the chokeslam, the pedigree AND the tombstone!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritsos Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I am going to be pretty brave here, but I think we will see the chokeslam, the pedigree AND the tombstone!!!

x10

Ritsos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Undertaker will fly over the ropes trying to hit HHH, HHH will duck and Taker splats into the cell head first.

Last edited by Gav on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:28 pm

What we really should do is have a sweepstake on how many near falls there will be. Im saying 8.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:33 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Well last year at Mania during the Taker HHH there was some chair shots to the head which i believe is banned hence them both taking a fine after Mania due to it.

So i really think there will be some very brutal scenes this year and what it being hell in the cell and the "end of an erra" ring to it i can see them having some very nasty scenes. Blood quite possiably.

I reckon you're on to something with the match being more brutal to 'end' the era of blood, brutal matches and vets like Taker/HHH.

I don't think WWE sees a place for these type of matches at the moment and having one last hurrah in this manner almost sends it off in peoples minds. The fact that Hell in a Cell binds the two together seems to suggest that this may be the last time we see it. I think it's probably a good thing too - the limitations of the era mean it pales in comparison to 'the devils playground' that it used to be and the spots can't live up to what has gone before.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Gav wrote:Undertaker will fly over the ropes trying to hit HHH, HHH will duck and Taker splats into the cell head first.

Hence causing blood, but not at anyones hands....genius Gav.

It gives the WWE an option to say, yes blood is banned, but it was an accident and he bled hardway.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down