The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch vs Bute

+11
Imperial Ghosty
Super D Boon
TopHat24/7
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
ShahenshahG
Seanusarrilius
Qoxiivi
Nico the gman
88Chris05
paperbag_puncher
d260005p
15 posters

Go down

Froch vs Bute Empty Froch vs Bute

Post by d260005p Fri 30 Mar 2012, 11:51 am

Good morning Ladies and Gents,

Just thought id let you know that my tickets have arrived for fight night so im super excited.

Just a few things really...........Has anyone been to the FM Arena before, and if so, what should i expect?

Also, how do we feel the fight will pan out?

Im going for a Froch points win but it will no doubt be a slug fest!!

D2

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Froch vs Bute Empty Re: Froch vs Bute

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 30 Mar 2012, 11:58 am

I doubt it will be a slug fest if Bute has his way and manages to fight his fight. Butes the superior boxer by a fair bit in my view and will want to keep things at range and not get ito a brawl which would suit Froch. Said it before but better movement, footwork, shot selection and boxing brain all point to a Bute points win for me. Throw in that he hits harder imo aswell and its a tall order for Froch.

I think he's had his Andrade 1 moment and will be less likely to get sloppy and be caught cold or over run in this fight.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:08 pm

Well as you might expect I've been the the Capital FM arena plenty of times and I'm looking forward t being there again - a Froch fight there always guarantees a real bearpit atmosphere. A big-ish stadium rather than a massive one, so in general you should get a good enough view, and the monitors are excellent if that's your preferred option.

Disgustingly over-priced for food, drink etc, but then again most venues like this are.

As for the fight, I think it will be a good one even if Bute decides to box rather than brawl. Haven't quite seen enough in his game to convince me that he can evade Froch for a full twelve, so I expect some very, very lively exchanges from the mid rounds onward (Froch, annoyingly, often seems to give an opponent a two round start). My head says Bute, the heart naturally Froch.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:17 pm

Either or, its going to be a great fight. I have attended the MEN a few time and the atmosphere is fantastic, think its a bit bigger than the FM.

Does anyone know the undercards for the night?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 30 Mar 2012, 1:42 pm

Not sure how good Bute is,but for me this is going to be his biggest test,we know Froch can go with the big boys of the division.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:43 pm

As an outside bet I think Froch could get stopped in this one. Bute is faster, the better boxer and can bang. I know it's an outside chance but, only saying.

All things considered though, it’s a tough one to call. I’d say the most likely outcome is a Bute points win (thinking 116-112 or 117-111 area) but a knockout wither way is not out of the question. Bute’s been down before and Froch, despite his chin, is definitely there for the tagging.

Really REALLY looking forward to it.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:58 pm

Bute couldn't stop Johnson tho,

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:01 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Bute couldn't stop Johnson tho,

66 others have failed. Not exactly a slight to say someone couldn't stop Johnson. He's as tough and durable as they come.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:06 pm

Think he has only been tkoed once - although he wsnt out on his feet. Hopkins was beating the Poopie out of him. Tough man.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:26 pm

I reckon it will be Bute via wide UD or late retirement

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 3:30 pm

Bute UD or Froch SD for me.

I was quite impressed with Bute v Johnson (especially in contrast to Froch) and think he might be just that bit too quick and clean for Carl. Would love to see Froch start disciplined and then increase in the pressure exponentially in the later rounds but am nervous it won't happen.

Great work on the seats tho, give us a field report after!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 30 Mar 2012, 4:22 pm

Froch's problem is he's not that good against speed, Dirrell, Ward and Kessler gave him nightmares, Bute has better speed, better technique, better power.....actaully Bute is just better than Froch.

Bute UD

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 30 Mar 2012, 4:42 pm

Big problem I have with Froch is he gives a lot of rounds away early on and he can't afford to be chasing the fight to make the deficit up.
Reminds me a lot like Howard Eastman in that respect a bit lazy at times.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 30 Mar 2012, 5:35 pm

Lets be realistic, Bute is no Andre Ward, he hasn't got the ability to control Froch for 12 rounds even then Ward struggled at times especially the last few rounds, so to say Bute is a far superior boxer seems very wide of the mark. Have yet to see him produce a performance as good as Frochs against a dangerous fighter such as Abraham, he has the speed advantage but aside from that don't think he's that much better in any area. Froch UD.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 30 Mar 2012, 5:39 pm

Bute is definitely no Andre Ward. On saying that he is no Carl Froch either. Bute did a great job on Glen Johnson. Better than Frochs. On saying that I can still see it being a close fight with hopefully Bute getting the UD

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 30 Mar 2012, 5:46 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Lets be realistic, Bute is no Andre Ward, he hasn't got the ability to control Froch for 12 rounds even then Ward struggled at times especially the last few rounds, so to say Bute is a far superior boxer seems very wide of the mark. Have yet to see him produce a performance as good as Frochs against a dangerous fighter such as Abraham, he has the speed advantage but aside from that don't think he's that much better in any area. Froch UD.

If you watch him he's a far more talented boxer than Froch. He definitely has better footwork and movement than Froch and actually tries to evade punches. Froch might be tougher and stronger but hes a step below Bute skills wise. Skills don't always win out but think they will in this case. Is this the same dangerous Arthur Abraham who lost 3 of his fights in the super 6? He's shown nothing at supper middle to suggest he's a "dangerous fighter"

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:00 pm

Didn't Abraham retire both the guy's he'd fought before Froch dominated him?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:24 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Didn't Abraham retire both the guy's he'd fought before Froch dominated him?

Ha I suppose you're semi right really but not quite. Jermaine Taylor had been Ko'd by both Pavlik and Froch before fighting Abraham. He was just another KO waiting to happen. You cant give Abraham any credit for hitting Dirrell while he was defensless on the ground and putting him out for well over a year? Dirrell has fought since and Taylor is making a comeback so he didn't retire either.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 30 Mar 2012, 7:35 pm

True, the KO punch was illegal, but I've seen illegal punches before. Not sure I've ever seen one put a top operator off boxing for so long before that one though.

His abilities - or lack of abilities - have been exposed against the talent of the super middleweights, but a guy with that natural power in any of the 12 rounds is always dangerous.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Incrediblexman Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:00 pm

I'd go for Bute via UD. He is quicker and more technically sound than Froch and a very dangerous body puncher. I think there is a chance that Froch might be stopped in this one however.

Incrediblexman

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:32 pm

I give Froch a very good chance at winning, so does our good friend Andre Dirrell.

There are a few factors that will decide the outcome, one of the most important apart from boxing skills it the fact Bute is fighting away from home and in a hostile environment for the first time. How will he react when the fight gets tough. As ghosty rightly pointed out, he is no Andre Ward, Froch is a world class fighter and he will show it in this fight. I don't think Bute has ever fought anyone like Froch before.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:44 pm

I agreewith boxingfan88. I am not ignoring all the factors mentioned in Butes favour, but Froch can do this.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:50 pm

I still think Bute is somewhat of an unknown at the highest level, you know what you are going to get from Froch as he's been there so many times already.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 01 Apr 2012, 9:12 pm

Might be me hoping the best, I picked Ward to beat Froch, but I don't think Bute will.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down