The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Times

2 posters

Go down

Times Empty Times

Post by K@S Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:40 pm

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with posting times fluctuating +/- 1 Hr and the odd post not being sent. I have tried 2 computers and it has occurred with both today.

K@S

Back to top Go down

Times Empty Re: Times

Post by Davie Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:44 pm

Can't say I've noticed anything K@S .. maybe someone has been tinkering with daylight saving time settings either here on the forum or on the hosting company server?

As far as posts not appearing is concerned, are you maybe suffering the caching problem some people have noticed when behind a firewall or web proxy? This happens to me sometimes and I find a forced refresh (CTRL-F5) on Internet Explorer helps

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by K@S Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:54 pm

2 different OS's using Firefox 4 and not encountered the caching problem before. At this moment in time the time stamps are -1Hr.

Edit Just noticed the -1 Hr occured when I logged in, on logging out it went back to normal

K@S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:57 pm

Check your profile and "preferences" - right at the bottom where it talks about time zone there is a "Adjust time" setting which specifies if you are adjusted for DST or not

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by K@S Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:02 pm

At this moment in time your site is showing 3:00 pm when logged in while my computers are showing 16:00 as are all my other systems.

K@S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:08 pm

yes - that is GMT. Have you set your DST setting though?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by K@S Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:13 pm

Davie wrote:yes - that is GMT. Have you set your DST setting though?

All my computers are set for DST and all have had the correct updates installed over the last year.

K@S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:16 pm

Sorry - I'm not explaining myself very well. In your FORUM preferences (from near the top of the page, click "profile" and then "preferences" you can get to set certain forum specific preferences. At the very bottom of the page there is a setting for timezone (which by the sound of it is correct) but also a setting for if you are currently observing DST. Set that and it should correct itself. As Admin I have the ability to modify other members preferences but for some strange reason, not that one! I'd check it for you if I could but I can't

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by K@S Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:28 pm

Thanks, it was set for automatic correction but didn't seem to have any effect until I changed the +1 +2 Hrs a couple of times and the correct time then appeared at the bottom of the page. Is the Winter/ Summer selection supposed to have any effect as it appears to do nothing?

K@S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:36 pm

If I look at my own profile settings in the box for timezone it say 3:34 GMT (which is correct) but then I select the option for summertime and below that in italics it shows the correct adjusted time (4:34)

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by K@S Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:48 pm

Davie wrote:If I look at my own profile settings in the box for timezone it say 3:34 GMT (which is correct) but then I select the option for summertime and below that in italics it shows the correct adjusted time (4:34)

Doesn't have any effect in mine even if I switch off "automatic correction"

K@S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down