The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy v Nole - You Owe The Fans!

+3
Tenez
Josiah Maiestas
noleisthebest
7 posters

Go down

Andy v Nole - You Owe The Fans! Empty Andy v Nole - You Owe The Fans!

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:00 pm

Djokovic made light work of Monaco and how. Another dominant display by the Serb and I am now warming round to him after the debacle and garbage that was the Australian Open. Murray on the other hand has had 2 walkovers and against Tipsy was below par. Strangely the 2 opponents who would've tested him in both Raonic and Nadal you could say he got a massive massive let off. From a physical aspect Andy should be fresh. How will the 2 walkovers affect Andy? Ask the most diehard Novak fan and they will point to Fognini! Since the Australian Open Andy defeated Novak at Dubai. Not sure how spent Djokovic was, but none the less it was a boost for Murray. Indian Wells and well mixed results. Andy played Garcia-Lopez and got a whipping it has to be said. Djokovic however was knocked out by an inspired opponent in Isner.

Here we are at Miami. A repeat of the 2009 encounter. For me both players owe the fans a stonker of contest. I am slightly getting over the crap served up at the Australian Open and both players are starting to show some of the form they can produce. Djokovic is looking dangerous. For me he is looking like he did at Madrid and Rome. Menacing presence on the court. Monaco was just out of ideas. Like Ferrer. Just blown away by someone who just looked to have said 'I should play like a World No.1' and he did. Murray has stuttered somewhat. I think that Novak is looking too strong at the moment and despite being an ardent Murray fan I have to retain some realism and even though Murray defeated Novak in Dubai, it has to be said both at the time were nowhere near the type of form both can display when playing to their full potential. Murray needs to be aggressive. He needs to attack Novak. Playing like a sponge and thinking he can absorb the Djokovic pressure is suicide. 12 stroke rallies are not going to cut it. Djokovic can turn a 15 stroke rally into 2 stroke barrage of attacking brutality. Murray has a chance, but it is a slender one. Catching a cold Djokovic is the only way. Play aggressive for the first set and just maybe he can do it.

What I want to see is BH down the lines on the line, CCFH's that either produce winning points or winner off the racquets. Also some high serving percentages wouldn't go a miss.

So please Andy and Nole give the fans a match worthy of being spoken in high regard. OK

Back to top Go down

Andy v Nole - You Owe The Fans! Empty Re: Andy v Nole - You Owe The Fans!

Post by noleisthebest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:22 pm

Confession time:

I am not able to watch tight Nole's matches that well any more.

It's become sheer agony for me.

So unless it's a demolition like at AO 2011, I'll be quitely curled up behind the sofa suffering.
Either that or vacuuming the house Shocked

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

Hey NITB.

No hoovering!!

I am hoping for some fast paced action Smile

I don't hold much hope for Andy's chances with Nole's form during these 2 weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:33 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Hey NITB.

No hoovering!!

I am hoping for some fast paced action Smile

I don't hold much hope for Andy's chances with Nole's form during these 2 weeks.
Hug

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:33 pm

I just think in that Dubai semi, Novak's serve was really awful and not putting Murray under any pressure. His serve has been great this week though so Andy needs to be wary that he will be playing a different Novak and not expect the same way that "turned up" in Dubai.

Murray's chances will be lowered by the fact that he's had 2 less competetive matches than Novak on this surface.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:45 pm

I did not see Murray play this week but from what I saw from Nole, he is going to be tough to beat.

However, however, ..nole seems to tire towards the end, or certainly gets breathless with a need for heavy breathing. He will have to make sure Murray does most of the running cause if he is pushed corners to corners, he will lose his sharpness quick.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 7:31 pm

Novak in 2 my friends. Not that Andy can't win it, but a Novak win the most likely scenario. As usual on the men's tour and particularly in this match the player who gets the highest percentage of firsts will have a huge advantage. Both guys are not overwhelming on serve and return exceptionally, look for a few breaks in this match and a lot of errors due to the returning and retrieval skill. Novak plays behind his second better so it is even more crucial for Murray to not give him looks at the second.

Novak has got some of the fluidity back in his strokes and he has been ruthless the last 15 or so months when he gets these golden opportunities to win a trophy, with Fed and Nadal both flaming out early. However it is no easier against Andy who is not a significant drop off especially at the Masters level. Novak will be more motivated and hungrier for this than he was in Dubai, this will be more of a gauge for murray as well because of this fact. This match will answer a lot of questions about how close murray is.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 7:41 pm

I wouldn't entirely agree with what you say socal. 2011 he was unplayable. Since WTF for me he has been woefully out of sorts. Not been going on the attack and for me and picking up the Australian Open is a bonus because I am sure he would be the first to admit he wasn't at his absolute best. Dubai and Indian Wells again he just didn't seem at the races for me. That is a scary thought in itself. He isn't playing well. He has a Slam to his name this year and that is what counts.

Miami however he has been a monster. He has literally destroyed the field and at this moment it has hard to see not just Murray but Federer and Nadal able to beat him on this form. Looking like his 2011 best. I think he will win in 3. Above all else on his performances he deserves the title.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 7:41 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote: ... Here we are at Miami. ... Djokovic is looking dangerous. ... Menacing presence ... blown away ... Murray needs to be aggressive. He needs to attack ... [otherwise it could be] suicide. ... Djokovic can turn [it into a] barrage of attacking brutality. ... cold ... aggressive ... and just maybe he can do it.
lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 7:44 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:... Miami however he has been a monster. He has literally destroyed the field ...
I am now literally too afraid to watch. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 7:57 pm

Legend, Murray could certainly win I mean he has shown it before. My point is more specific, in recent matches I have really been impressed with Novak's serve. Now when he gets broken its usually because he hits a couple of loose forehands in a game behind his serve. I think in this matchup with two great returners the serving and form on serve will be crucial. Murray hasn't impressed me as much in the last few matches with his delivery. But its sports anything can happen.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 31 Mar 2012, 8:24 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:... Miami however he has been a monster. He has literally destroyed the field ...
I am now literally too afraid to watch. Shocked

lol

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:15 pm

does anyone know what time it starts 2mo gmt?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:23 pm

6 pm

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:29 pm

thanks buddy
i think this week i am going to get the lowest score possible on 606v2 tour!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Manojchandra Sun 01 Apr 2012, 4:13 am

I wish I could watch. I think it is a Murray win, if the good one turns up, irrespective of what Novak brings to the table. Otherwise it will be a massacre, with something like 6-4, 6-3, in favour of Novak. To be fair, I wish I was nationalistic enough to cheer for Andy....

Manojchandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down