The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

+26
NickisBHAFC
Samo
We Want Edge
Liam
Hero
Lee
The Rocks Microphone
JamesLincs
The Best in the World
Gregers
uberkiwi
TopoftheChops
Beer
Bull
Adam D
Dolphin Ziggler
hodge
JDizzle
Ché Guerrero
MrZMahmood
Dr Gregory House MD
DonIffy
DDT
psycho-gooner
Fellaini25
Good Golly I'm Olly
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Well its the Raw after Wrestlemania and lots of questions will be answered (hopefully)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

Post by hodge Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

DDT wrote:
hodge wrote:I never watched lesnar either, one thing i will be interested in, will lesnar incorporate some mma into his style?

You can't realy use MMA in pro wrestling, guys like Punk, Del Rio and even Santino are trained MMA fighters, they just never got to the level Lesnar did. I'd imagine he will use the same move set or a similar move set to the one he used to use.

Well not some of it, but submissions and working while the opponent is down maybe. Its widely known the extent Lesnar reached in MMA where the others you mentioned not as many would know.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

Post by JamesLincs Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:05 pm

i tell you what, as good as raw was, daniel bryan must be gutted he didnt get a match. the crowd wanted him allllllllllllllllllllll night!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:09 pm

thats the loudest pop i can ever remember, on par with jericho's debut

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:48 pm

Bryan did get quite the big pop.

I was surprised by the love ADR was getting.

Has to be the strangest night after a Mania I can recall.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:58 pm

Hero wrote:I'm waiting for a YES! WHAT? crowd battle.

as long as its in a boring John Cena promo

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:18 pm

I grew up watching Brock on Smackdown. He was a monster and was good on the mic, not to mention as a heel/face. His battles with Show/w Heyman, Angle and Cena were great. Don't think he should feud with Cena yet, unless he'll put him out of action for a bit, giving Cena the time off he deserved. The crowd were epic all night, best crowd in along time and the Bryan Mania there was imcredible, must make WWE and Sheamus look a bit stupid because he is more over than ever for what happened to him. Rock's promo was superb and I like the thought of one more title run, obviously he's got the itch back to get back in the ring after Sunday. 9/10 for me, same as Mania.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by We Want Edge Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:58 pm

Very good raw.

I've only watched the odd match that Brock Lesnar has been in but just from that the intensity that he had was top class and you can tell he is better than most of the current roster. Great pop as well. I thought Wrestlemania would change Cena so he lost his goofy expressions but no, ruined Brock's return in some ways he could have at least look shocked not the calm look at the camera.

Rating: Yes! Yes! Yes!

The rock had a great promo hope he does stick around.

Rating Yes! Yes! Yes!

I was laughing so hard when Jericho said ' I don't drink excess alcohol' and immediately fell. It seems like their feud will continue which i will be looking forward to.

Rating: Yes! Yes! Yes!

ADR is back and on smackdown, really happy needed to happen

Rating: Si! Si! Si!

The crowd has really good if they got a crowd like that 52 times a year I think everyone would enjoy it more including the wrestlers.

Only problem is Daniel Bryan not appearing (other than a 15second backstage interview). If i was the WWE as soon as i heard Yes! chants i would have had Bryan appear. It wouldn't have been hard shave 2 mins of the Lord Tensai (Who didn't really impress me) match and have him confront
Sheamus before ADR came out.

Really enjoyed raw, it put a smile on my face, good way to start in the morning Smile.

Just remembered to say i hope that they get Heyman back because he (from memory) really enhanced Lesnar's performance.

We Want Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:05 pm

I was in awe last night for the entire raw. The rock came out and shocked me when he said he wants a wwe title shot and the crowd was Really loud and I loved every second of it. The triple threat match was good and when ziggler and swagger tried to attack Santino and then Brodus clay came out, the chants were epic "FUNKASARUS FUNKASARUS" and that headbutt on ziggler was epic haha. Watching the cm punk and mark Henry match made Henry look great , when he starts trash talking in the ring , he looks like he will beat you down hard. Jericho came out and to be honest , he messed up when he slipped and then the bottle broke before he hit cm punk , but it was a funny thing to see. Lord tensai looks like a scary mofo. Miz beating zack Ryder clean annoys me because they could use zack ryder so much better and he looks great in the ring. Then when John cena came out and got booed out the building haha, and the chants of you're a loser! And "WE WANT LENSER" I was getting so hyped that he was coming and when he came out and the crowd exploded the roof of the building, I have never seen a pop as loud as that, a true mark out moment. Brock lenser must of been thinking this crowd really loves me haha. I was jumping
Up and down when he came. His theme song is epic and when he F5 Cena and then kicked his stupid green hat, I was laughing my ass off haha. It took me a hour to calm down and then get to sleep at 5 in the morning. A truly epic raw with a crowd that won't be matched.

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:11 pm

Best RAW crowd I've seen in a long time. Screamed like a girl when I heard Lesnars music play. I never thought I would see him back in a WWE ring.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:58 pm

That was one hell of an edition of Raw

The Rocks promo to kick of the night was beyond amazing. That is the best one he has done since he returned last year. I acctually love this man. When he said he wants to be wwe champion again i marked out like hell. Hopefully there will be an element of suprise when he returns next to rock bottom the current champion whoever it maybe at that moment in time. I hope its the miz personally.

CM Punk vs Mark Henry was acctually a great match. Chris Jericho at the end was class. Dont know why that felt like the attiude erra when he was attacking Punk at the end. Looking forward to there potential rematch.

As for Brock Lesnar returning. Well i think its safe to say i celebrated like Brighton had just scored. So good to see him back. What an F5 to Cena. I wonder if he is back for full time?

Finally the crowd were amazing. If Raw had crowds like that everyweek ... OMG !!!!!!!!!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:02 pm

He is runoured to do around 2 shows per month, and WWE have the rights to negotiate additonal if it's needed.

Plan is for Rock v Lesnar at WM29 for the WWE Title.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:04 pm

I would personally like to see ZIggler v Punk for WWE Title at WM29.
Don't think the current superstars will ever grow if they aren't given big matches on big stages. Rock v Lesnar could just be a grudge match
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:10 pm

King Beer wrote:He is runoured to do around 2 shows per month, and WWE have the rights to negotiate additonal if it's needed.

Only 2 shows a month!?

surely must be on raw next week, anybody know if that includes ppv's

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

King Beer wrote:He is runoured to do around 2 shows per month, and WWE have the rights to negotiate additonal if it's needed.

Can't see that happening, who would win? The champion has to be full time.

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:17 pm

YES YES YES YES YES YES!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/252533-video-daniel-bryan-addresses-the-live-crowd-after-raw

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:18 pm

Bryan is so over now!

Face turn?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:21 pm

Was just about to make a thread on that Bull.
Instant crowd favourite now, he has to turn face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:23 pm

agree YI , i think he needs to turn face now?

maybe double turn? Sheamus turns heel?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:40 pm

anyone think that with a normal crowd next week, he'll stay heel?

btw, that vid was quality, laughed all the way through

"aj, what do you think?... well. shut up!"

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:49 pm

Rock vs Brock at WM29 for the title, please no. A match between two part timers won't help the current roster.

Rock vs Ziggler/Cody/Wade/enter name here with the young up and comer getting the big win

Brock vs Orton for the title

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:16 pm

Gregers wrote:Rock vs Brock at WM29 for the title, please no. A match between two part timers won't help the current roster.

Rock vs Ziggler/Cody/Wade/enter name here with the young up and comer getting the big win

Brock vs Orton for the title

Who cares? If i'm paying £14.95 for a PPV i want to see a box office marquee match for the richest prize in the company. Brock v Rock for the WWE Title would be immense. I hate all this Rock/Brock/Taker vs a young up and comer stuff. It doesnt interest me. Yeah i want new stars to be made but that just isnt the way of doing it for me. One the grandest stage i want to see the WWE play their best hand and whether they are part time wrestlers or not, The Rock vs Brock Lesnar would make me buy a PPV. Its all about the here and now and aslong as you've still got 'it' then i'm in. I would have paid £14.95 just for HHH v Taker, and how old and part time are they?!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:19 pm

would prefer to see Rock v Brock at WM29 gregers mate sorry.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:20 pm

I would have paid to see HHH vs Taker, but when its for the title it doesnt help the company

Brock vs Rock NOT for the title I would love to see. For the title it will do more harm than good for the current generation

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:21 pm

I'm with you Gregers OK

What's the point in building up young starts if they aren't going to have a chance of competing of the grandest stage of them all because two part timers have come in and done a couple of matches and promos
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:38 pm

There is only match I want to see Brock in at Mania.
Taker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:41 pm

for the title i would be happy with

but orton v brock why would that be for the title ortons not really in that young gen he is pretty much the no2 face IMO

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:31 am

Brock vs Rock for the WWE Title?

No wonder Cena would be peed if that was true. That would be a joke. I bet a whole load of others would be peed too. I bet CM Punk would be. A part timer should be nowhere near the World Title when there is an abundance of amazing full-timers chomping at the bit for their opportunity to shine.

I'm with Gregers. Cena had no idea that Brock Lesnar was going to attack him, so he was welcoming him back. The crowd were chanting his name the whole promo, so how was he supposed to react? It wasn't a suprise. What is it with the complete bandwagoning of John Cena hating?

So what if he didn't give Rock's promos all the respect they deserved. I've said it before - I think Rock was treated with the exactly the amount of respect he deserved. Let's not forget that 90% of John Cena's promos for Wrestlemania went without any reply, or acknowledgement whatsoever from "The Great One".

I loved Raw. Best one in ages. I'm chuffed to see Brock Lesnar back, I think it's going to be awesome. But people really need to get off Cena's back. And people REALLY need to stop ass-licking The Rock. His promo on Raw was not brilliant. It was self-indulgent, annoying and schmaltzy. Let's see if he can follow it up with a cracker next week? Oh wait....

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:33 am

Brock's contract is actually a MINIMUM of 2 shows per month. They expect him to do around 35 shows if not more between now and WM29, and that figure can be negotiated up if WWE takes up the option.

Rock seemed to speak like he would be back more often. I can't see him being part time and expecting a title shot, providing he does the same amount of shows as say Lesnar or Taker would do then what's the problem? Not every feud has to be about titles.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:37 am

Gav wrote:There is only match I want to see Brock in at Mania.
Taker.

Has to make sense doesn't it? After Taker showing up at the UFC show and calling out Brock. I wouldn't want to see him end the streak though, not in a million years.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:38 am

sodhat wrote:
Gav wrote:There is only match I want to see Brock in at Mania.
Taker.

Has to make sense doesn't it? After Taker showing up at the UFC show and calling out Brock. I wouldn't want to see him end the streak though, not in a million years.

That would be brilliant

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 04 Apr 2012, 11:16 am

The WWE Title should be part of the biggest match on the card. The title is the ultimate, its the pinnacle. Brock Lesnar vs The Rock is a huge match. Brock Lesnar vs The Rock for the WWE Title is even bigger.

What good did it do The Miz leaving Mania as champion? None, because everyone was talking about Cena and The Rock. Miz was an afterthought.

Was CM Punk the name everyone was talking about after Sunday night? No, it was Cena and The Rock and the Hell in a Cell match. Punk played third fiddle to both of them and ultimately was an afterthought.

The WWE Title shouldnt be an afterthought it should be at the top of the card being fought for by the biggest names. Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett, Miz etc are not big names, thats just the way it is, and if i'm paying for a PPV i want to see the biggest names battle for the best prize at the top of the card. Its all about the 'here and now' and whether The Rock or Lesnar make 20, 30 or 40 apperances before next years Mania they will still be bigger names, bigger draws and will still be the 'here and now' because they've both still got it.

I know there are counter arguments to that, but from a personal perspective i'd love to see Brock v Rock for the title. It'd be mahoosive.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

Unless The Rock comes back full time as a wrestler - he should never hold a title

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3