The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT WAS THE GREATEST YEAR FOR "GREAT" WORLD CHAMPIONS???

4 posters

Go down

WHAT WAS THE GREATEST YEAR FOR "GREAT" WORLD CHAMPIONS??? Empty WHAT WAS THE GREATEST YEAR FOR "GREAT" WORLD CHAMPIONS???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 31 Mar 2011, 11:40 am

IN 81 WE HAD.....Holmes..Spinks...Hagler...Benitez...Hearns....Leonard... Pryor....Sanchez...Pedroza....Chandler.. Gomez......All world champions.....

My question is has a year ever had that much quality ruling...and what year?

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

WHAT WAS THE GREATEST YEAR FOR "GREAT" WORLD CHAMPIONS??? Empty Re: WHAT WAS THE GREATEST YEAR FOR "GREAT" WORLD CHAMPIONS???

Post by Rodney Thu 31 Mar 2011, 11:45 am

Good list Truss,

How about 1923 Dempsey, Loughran, Greb, Britton, Benny Leonard and Johnny Dundee

Pretty formidable

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

WHAT WAS THE GREATEST YEAR FOR "GREAT" WORLD CHAMPIONS??? Empty Re: WHAT WAS THE GREATEST YEAR FOR "GREAT" WORLD CHAMPIONS???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 31 Mar 2011, 11:46 am

That's a good list..my list obviously has an edge in the fact there is more divisions...but it does look very formidable yes.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 31 Mar 2011, 11:51 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's a good list..my list obviously has an edge in the fact there is more divisions...but it does look very formidable yes.....

More divisions I look at it as a bad thing though mate, its a great list but for example imagine Pryor Hearns and Leonard fighting for the main crown, as good as it gets. Always been a firm believer the junior divisions have had some sparkling talent but more of hinderance to me.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu 31 Mar 2011, 12:26 pm

I think some of the added divisions do make sense. But at the really light weights, where the difference between weight divisions is taking a good shiiite in the morning, there simply are too many.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 31 Mar 2011, 12:29 pm

Don't forget the best of the lot at the time in Arguello Truss

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down