The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Who

+62
king_carlos
Uryu Ishida
rIck_dAgless
Hammersmith harrier
Alistair
Dr Shoe
Azzy
nadeem2099
Marky
guildfordbat
SecretFly
Cyril
welshy824 (new)
Duty281
The Special Juan
Dolphin Ziggler
JuliusHMarx
Mad for Chelsea
MtotheC
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Josiah Maiestas
Gregers
JDizzle
jimbryant
RinoGattuso
Skydriver
as1079
Lee
Hero
eirebilly
alfie
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
75judi
Gcass
Paul Mac 6CW
A-Darts
President Trump
JPX
Shifty
Kenny
AlexHuckerby
Irish Curry
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
robbo277
dyrewolfe
User Name
Crimey
Dr Gregory House MD
MR. scotland27
Chuck Norris
Mister
calamity jane
BigPhil
hibbywul
Derbyblue
Jammy31
Solerina
hodge
Enforcer
ADMIN
Adam D
66 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Who is your favourite Doctor?

Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_lcap1%Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_lcap13%Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 12 ]
[ 2 ]
Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_lcap1%Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 8 ]
Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_lcap41%Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 39 ]
Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_lcap24%Dr Who - Page 5 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 94

Dr Who - Page 5 Empty Dr Who

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can't believe no-one has posted anything about quite possibly the greatest TV show ever made!

Well the new series is nearly upon us, and as I found this on youtube today Clicky, I thought I would start a new thread (its a new long trailer for the new series).

Feel free to talk about all of the series and doctors on here, although I would imagine that it will be predominantly made up of the reboot.

From the reboot, Matt Smith is by far my favourite. Never liked Ecclestone and although I liked Tennant, I just feel that the last lot of specials were terrible and tarnished his memory. Matt Smith plays him brilliantly and doesnt make me miss DT one bit.

So what are your opinions of this fantastic show and how good does that trailer look?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Dr Who - Page 5 Empty Re: Dr Who

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

I will give you that Donna wasnt but Amy was! She threw herself at the doctor and offered herself up on a plate!

There was always that underlying feeling that she was in love with the doctor - Rory sensed it, as did I!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm

I imagine that the first season of her as a comapnion will also be Matt Smith's last. That will have been his 4th so I think they'll want to replace him.
How about have it that Matt Smith's doctor and the companion do become an item, then he changes into quite an older doctor and it all goes a bit wrong.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:58 pm

But it was never reciprocated , it would be interesting to see a full blown relationship . Even have the doctor instigate it, have him be the chaser

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Mar 2012, 1:16 pm

PaulMac wrote:But it was never reciprocated , it would be interesting to see a full blown relationship . Even have the doctor instigate it, have him be the chaser

But didnt he just marry River Song?

Cheating on your last companions daughter is all kinds of wrong!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Wed 21 Mar 2012, 1:18 pm

Marriage of convenience , and technically it was the doppelgänger that married River

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 21 Mar 2012, 2:35 pm

few rumours going around about who will be in the next series will post them in the spoiler so people don't have to read. Also put my thoughts in there too.

Spoiler:

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 23 Mar 2012, 8:44 am

I just cant follow it since Matt Smith took over. He doesnt have the same atmosphere as David Tennant. He try's too hard to be like him, i would have prefered that he developed his own style.

The story lines are becoming more and more outrageous as well.

Bring back Tom Baker Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 24 Mar 2012, 7:04 am

eirebilly wrote:I just cant follow it since Matt Smith took over. He doesnt have the same atmosphere as David Tennant. He try's too hard to be like him, i would have prefered that he developed his own style.

The story lines are becoming more and more outrageous as well.

Bring back Tom Baker Wink

You should be banned for that comment!
DT acting involved running down corridors and shouting a lot. MS is a million times better!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 24 Mar 2012, 7:04 am

Spoiler:

Picture of new assistant standing outside the Tardis

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat 24 Mar 2012, 10:47 am

She will do, she will do just fiiiiiiiiiine

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 24 Mar 2012, 12:50 pm

Maybe they could bring her in as a love intrest for Amy ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 24 Mar 2012, 1:07 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Maybe they could bring her in as a love intrest for Amy ?
OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 May 2012, 7:12 pm

Wanted to kickstart the Who talk before we see any more new stuff.Just seen Pertwee's "Planet of the Spiders" and Perters is fast becoming my favourite Doctor.Not just because he was the only guy in the world who could convincingly carry off that clobber.His charisma and gravitas is second to none, and I for one think this is where Matt Smith falls short by quite a bit.Decent actor but his charecterisation is so flippant and a bit weedy for my tastes.Tennant was boyish but had steel.Smith doesn't convince me when he gets angry and raises his voice,and the last Xmas special shows how his child-like innocent side leans way too far in the wacky side.
I continue to watch it as usually it's very lovingly written, however,I do have those misgivings of Smith.I appreciate that Pertwee was very patronising and overly macho and that the world has moved on quite a bit since then,however.Just for me Smith doesn't have anywhere near the charisma of Peters, Tom Baker or Tennant.Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 23 May 2012, 7:25 pm

I think its a great description which is spot on. And the faults that you highlight for Smith are what I think make him perfect. He actually seems alien unlike the other docs who seem human.

I have watched Who since the (Tom) Baker days and all the way through. But for me, the stories and Doctor with Smith as the titular hero, is by far the best of the new lot and possibly the originals (although its an unfair comparison due to production values and compact storylines now)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Thu 24 May 2012, 5:47 pm

Only started watching Who since the first Tennant series and haven't been able to take my eyes off ever since.

Haven't really watched any episodes from the original run so can someone please recommend any episodes in particular from the early days, along with sites where they can be legally watched? I can't seem to find anything on Amazon, though that could be because I'm on my phone.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 24 May 2012, 6:52 pm

I have to agree with Adam, the things you point out as faults with Matt Smith are the things I feel make him so good. He's likeable but not connectible, and I think that works perfectly. I liked Tennant, but he was very human.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:05 am

Tennant was like Davison in that he was very human,and it is always good to be reminded of him being alien.Must give the Smith portrayal kudos for that.
As for the best episodes, blimey....well from the Tom Baker era alone ,in my view the must-see ones are, in order of merit!
The Talons of Weng Chiang
The Deadly Assassin
The Pyramids of Mars
City of Death
Genesis of the Daleks
The Brain of Morbius

MSN were allowing you to access them recently....let us know ,as1079, if you get no joy and will hopefully supply another source

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:52 am

Thanks, andy. Will hopefully have a look later.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:24 pm

as1079 wrote:Only started watching Who since the first Tennant series and haven't been able to take my eyes off ever since.

Haven't really watched any episodes from the original run so can someone please recommend any episodes in particular from the early days, along with sites where they can be legally watched? I can't seem to find anything on Amazon, though that could be because I'm on my phone.

The ones I would recommend are:

1) Dr. Who and the Daleks / Peter Cushing
It's not a tv Doctor who, but I think this is the one people remember the most its the movie from the 60's that was always on tv over xmas each year. It's in colour and is still good 45 years later.

2) Tomb of the Cybermen / Patrick Troughton
This is probably my favorite, it's one of the few Patrick Troughton stories you will find. It is black and white sadly but has a brilliant story to it.

3) The Chase / William Hartnell
Probably the best William Hartnell story, the Daleks pursue the Tardis and it's crew through time and space, with battles on a desert planet, in a fun fair ghost house (watch Frankenstein own a Dalek), a boat where a careless Dalek falls over board, and finally in a massive city in the sky where the Daleks get involved in a massive battle with the Mecanoids.

4) Terror of the Autons / Jon Pertwee
Probably my favorite Pertwee story, it involved the Master and Autons working together to beat UNIT and the Doctor. Great story and a lot of fun especially the plastic seat that swallows the man.

5) Robots of Death
There is no way you can really pick 1 Tom Baker story, truth be told he probably has 7-8 stories all of which would make it into the top 10 of all time best stories. I like this one because you have to guess which member of the crew is the bad guy, thankfully as a child I managed to guess correctly. The Robots of course do the killing but who is reprogramming them? Leila looks hot, a female member has puffy nipples in one scene. And the story is fantastic too.

The Talons of Weng Chiang is fantastic, the Deadly Assasin is another thats worth a mention.

5) Earth Shock / Peter Davidson
Oddly enough my Drama / Maths teacher in school actually played Ichtar the Silurian in Warriors of the Deep, so I might of recommended that one, but Earth Shock is better to be honest. In Earth Shock the Cybermen are planning to destroy the earth during a inter galactic conference which will declare war on the Cybermen. the doctor actually messes their plan up by accident, however in plan B they aim to crash a freighter into the Earth and destroy it that way.

6) The Two Doctors / Colin Baker
Probably his best story, though Colin is somewhat over shadowed by Patrick Troughton who is also in the story as the Doctor. Great fun in Spain with the Sontarans. A very enjoyable story.

7) Remembrace of the Daleks / Sylvester McCoy
I always loved this story, basically you have 2 different factions of Daleks White and Grey fighting through the streets of London while trying to recover Time Lord Tecnology. With the British army in the middle of it! I love the battle scenes and even names a World of Warcraft character after Scout 7, the unfortunate Dalek who declared to the mother ship a section was clear, sadly he didn't see the 2 enemy Daleks hiding in the darkness under a bridge and gets blown in half, his squad get annialated in open ground while trying to retreat. thankfully the bring in a special tank Dalek to even things up!

Other good McCoy ones include the Happiness Patrol, which is basically gorgeous ladies in pink wigs, with mini skirts along with a psycopathic Bertie the licorice All Sort guy as a hench man.

Or maybe Greatest Show in the Galaxy, which is robotic circus clowns and quite a few scary scenes. this story used to terrify me as a 8 year old! the part where the girl turns into a Werewolf used to give me nightmares.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 8:17 pm

Thanks guys. Absolutely inundated with work at the moment so it may take me a while to have a look at these but I do appreciate your pointers.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:59 am

Here is a small breakdown of some of the new episodes, interesting stuff

http://www.followingthenerd.com/tv/we-break-down-whats-known-about-the-new-series-of-doctor-who-happy-50th-indeed/

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 6:10 pm

Okay, who's seen the new trailer???!!
And The Moff says that someone will lose their life,and he means it this time.
Who's excited?

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 02 Aug 2012, 6:30 pm

Just watched it on youtube.

If someone dies it will be rory, how many times has he died and come back? So dies again everyone expects him to be back and he doesn't come back.

The bit in the trailer is a bluff, unconcious i reckon

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:37 pm

Spoiler:

Trailer in spoiler tab

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Thu 16 Aug 2012, 4:33 pm

Read in the paper the other day that the new series is meant to start Saturday next week - don't know if this is true though, as doesn't seem to be confirmed by BBC yet (which is a bit annoying for those of us about to go on holiday for a while). They seemed to give a thumbs-up to the season opener ("Asylum of the Daleks").

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 16 Aug 2012, 4:43 pm

I heard 1st Septmeber elsewhere which is 2 weeks this Saturday.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Thu 16 Aug 2012, 5:02 pm

That makes more sense to me given we're in holiday season, and 1 Sep is a convenient date to start the autumn schedule.

Just checking around, it does seem that people think 1 Sep is the correct date, but the online version of the piece I read is here:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/celebritynews/first-review--doctor-who-asylum-of-the-daleks-8049530.html

Noteworthy that it says 26 Aug, which isn't even a Saturday...

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 27 Aug 2012, 8:30 pm

I thought they were killing Amy Pond off?

The Dalek scenes look epic dont they? Though they seem to have gone back to the Gold Daleks from series 1.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 27 Aug 2012, 8:41 pm

Amy and Rory will be leaving halfway through this series, just before a break I believe. Moffat has said somebody will be killed off, but hasn't revealed who. I don't think it'll be either of them.

1st September is now the confirmed start date, working when it's on so will have to watch it on I-player but really looking forward to it!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 27 Aug 2012, 8:44 pm

I havent really enjoyed it too much, I prefer torchwood to be honest. Though i will watch anything with Daleks, sontarans and cybermen in, also if the happiness patrol make a come back i will see that too!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:43 pm

90 minutes to go!

#officiallyexcited

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:21 pm

Decent episode.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 02 Sep 2012, 1:21 am

I assume we would be allowed to talk about the episode after it's aired but i'll put my thoughts in a spolier tag just to be on the safe side this time

Spoiler:

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 02 Sep 2012, 9:42 am

really quite enjoyed the episode although it seemed obvious from the outset that something was awry with the trapped woman.

I think that apart from the Chris Ecclestone "Dalek" episode, that this has been the best use of the Daleks since the reboot. I really enjoyed it and Smith just seems so confortable in the role - Tennant who?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:27 am

Spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:27 am

Adam D wrote:really quite enjoyed the episode although it seemed obvious from the outset that something was awry with the trapped woman.

I think that apart from the Chris Ecclestone "Dalek" episode, that this has been the best use of the Daleks since the reboot. I really enjoyed it and Smith just seems so confortable in the role - Tennant who?

I genuinely thought the whole 'milk' thing was just going to be the reason her souffles kept failing. Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbryant Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:48 am

Best Dalek episode of the new era in my opinion. Didn't much like Tennant's version I'm afraid, particularly after Ecclestone nailed it. Matt Smith, however, has grown to be one of my favourites.

Mind you, my favourite is still Sylvester McCoy. Mainly because he was the one I grew up with!

Jim

jimbryant

http://www.aintnodisco.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:08 am

Im wondering how they will now bring in Oswin, think its a really interesting angle to introduce her with her death.

And zombie daleks!!!!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:34 am

I really liked the episode. I like how Moffat is trying to do his best to restart things, by having everybody think he is dead and the Daleks forgetting him etc. It gives a lot more scope for stories I think.

Loved the Rory moment, with the "Eggs" Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:14 pm

Crimey wrote:I really liked the episode. I like how Moffat is trying to do his best to restart things, by having everybody think he is dead and the Daleks forgetting him etc. It gives a lot more scope for stories I think.

Loved the Rory moment, with the "Eggs" Laugh

I also loved his "what colour" comment!

Rory is/ has been the best companion of new Who by a country mile. I would personally like to see him as a companion for a series. And for those wondering about heros comment, Oswain is the new assistant in the second half of the series (well the actress is - don't know if its the same character but would imagine it would be)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:10 am

I must admit to really not liking Matt Smith as the Doctor at first but he is starting to grow on me. I am a massive Tom Baker and John Pertwee Doctor fan, i think that they were the best (maybe because i am old Wink ).

David Tennant was very good and i just felt that Matt Smith was trying to copy his style but he is now starting to make it his own.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:09 am

I loved Saturdays episode and think the new companion has already stolen a bit of my heart - It will be interesting how they undo what has happened in order for her to join up with the Doctor by Christmas - I assume that will mean the Daleks will no longer have their memory of the Doctor erased if as expected he comes across Oswin at an earlier point in her life ( pre Alaska expedition)

I am starting to think the Dr/Pond storyline has run its course and would like to see things move on from the rory dying/Amy showing she does really love Rory/Doctor gets them back together arc we appear to be repeating

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 05 Sep 2012, 12:32 am

I was sure I had read that Jenna-Louis Coleman's character was going to be called Clara in the new series, and apparently she doesn't appear again till the Christmas episode, but it wouldn't be unlike Moffat to have been on the wind up and bluff about the name!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:32 pm

Dinosaurs on a spaceship

Well that should have been awful but I loved it! Usually these silly episodes are naff but that was excellent.

The only thing I found strange was the Doc leaving the baddie to die.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:42 pm

I think you thought that because the baddie was humanoid, if the baddie had been a Dalek etc then it wouldn't have raised an eyebrow.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:45 pm

Sorry but I thought that episode was fairly awful, step back from the brilliance of last week.

The sooner Amy pond buggers off the better

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:55 pm

I think this episode will be this years Van Gogh episode in that it will be marmite - you either love it or hate it.

I loved it - if this is the worst episode of the series, I will be extremely happy!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:57 pm

Gregers wrote:

You're dead in my eyes, dead I say.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:59 pm

I thought it was a good episode, the show can become a bit heavy sometimes and I thought that episode was perfect to lighten it up a bit. It's episodes like that where I think they're getting rid of the Ponds too quickly as you could do so much more with them. I trust the writers though.

Looking forward to the next episode, I wonder whether it will be a two-parter.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:07 pm

Hero wrote:
Gregers wrote:

You're dead in my eyes, dead I say.

We've seen whose next and I cannot wait! Amy has gone steadily downhill in my opinion, Rory is way more exciting than her now

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum