The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal Reborn?

+2
cherriesfna
All Time Great
6 posters

Go down

Arsenal Reborn? Empty Arsenal Reborn?

Post by All Time Great Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:35 am

Not an arsenal fan, but I've always appreciated how they play football. The sexy way! They were outstanding against Man City on Easter Sunday and were very much the stronger team with superior technical ability.

Arteta, Rosicky and Song have been in fine form recently, and RVP looks to have less emphasis placed on his shoulders albeit at times this season he has carried arsenal on his own back. However, with Oxlade a year older, a confident Theo Walcott and a new signing in the brilliant Jack Wilshere next season, how far can this Arsenal team go?

It looks like there is a bit of dead wood at Arsenal still however, who should be disposed of? I think Arshavin is pretty much out the door, Djourou isn't really good enough, Squillaci, Park, Chamakh and maybe Diaby are likely to be shown the door. Also, I believe Yossi Benayoun is likely to return to Chelsea.

There is also players who could have real breakthrough years in Ramsey, Frimpong and Jenkinson.

Brendtner and Denilson are also due back as well however, so I suspect there will be a lot of transition in the squad player ranks at Arsenal. However, in my opinion their starting XI looks superb, and could challenge for the EPL if decent squad players are acquired.

I've heard Podolski is almost a done deal, is there anyone else who should be brought in at Arsenal?

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Reborn? Empty Re: Arsenal Reborn?

Post by cherriesfna Wed 11 Apr 2012, 1:49 am

dont think asrenal need anyone else

--------------Chesney-----------------#
Sagna-----Verm------Kos----------Gibbs
------------------Song---------------
----------Rosicky-----Wilshire--------
Wallcott----------------------Podoski
----------------RVP------------------

maybe vertongen
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 2:49 am

I think you also have to add Miyaichi to your list as he seems to be an exciting player.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 11 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

Walcott infront of Oxlaide-Chamberlain?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Wed 11 Apr 2012, 5:14 pm

Arsenal have a small group of top class players, but in the modern game you either need a squad of 22+ top class players or all the luck in the world to compete for a full season in the PL and that's without even considering the CL.
As an unbiased Wigan fan, I'd say that XI for XI, Arsenal are at least as good as Utd, City or Spurs, but just like Spurs, an injury or 2, or just loss of form for a couple of players, would see them drop well below the 2 Manc clubs with their giant squads.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu 12 Apr 2012, 5:06 pm

From what I have seen Arsenal need some kind of in your face, sleazy players that can take Arsenal into an attitude era. My suggestion would be: -

Rooney and Giggs.

They’d probably spitroast your mum without a second thought then take out a superinjunction. Can you imagine what they’d bring to the Arsenal dressing room? A prostitute!!?

Any others that fit the bill!?
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 12 Apr 2012, 5:09 pm

hampo171 wrote:Walcott infront of Oxlaide-Chamberlain?

wallcott has been inspired latly and with Oxo on the other side and forhead in back-up i dont see the need to buy podolski,
but ive put him in cause it seems a done deal
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down