The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ufc Sweden

4 posters

Go down

Ufc Sweden Empty Ufc Sweden

Post by boomdangle Thu 12 Apr 2012, 9:57 am

Havent checked my listings yet does anyone knwo if the event is on espn this weekend?

What are peoples predictions? Would like to see Brad Pickett pick up the win, siver is just a war machine and will end up with blood in his head, think Stann may get the ground and pound and in the main event i was tempted to say the Gus but think he will be tested by Silva and be brought crashing back down to earth by silva's fists.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Ufc Sweden Empty Re: Ufc Sweden

Post by Guest Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:22 am

Unfortunately I don't know enough about any of the fighters on the card aside from Stann, seen about 4 of his fights including the loss against Sonnen, to make any predictions. With so many good new fighters coming through its hard to keep up, no bad thing though as we're being spoiled for choice with regards to great fights & stacked cards.

From what I heard on Inside MMA this week Silva seems to be the acid test for Gus & although he is the new star in the making & the 'pick' don't be surprised to see a Silva win. Apparently the rest of the card is pretty good as well. I'll be catching up with it a day later online.

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:26 am

Yes it's on ESPN. 10:30pm start if I remember correctly.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:37 pm

Only going on what people have said on other sites - apparently the event starts at 8pm but due to a French footy match, they'll only go live after circa 10:30!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Fri 13 Apr 2012, 1:49 pm

well some live is better than none, as long as we get the stann fight and big gus i will be happy.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:00 pm

WTF?

Fuel TV Schedule in Australia (US site blocked in work) shows the event as broadcasting the main card live from 5am to 8am in Oz.

Depending on what Oz time zone that refers to, that means the main card will start at roughly 9pm in Sweden. If coverage only starts at 10:30pm in the UK, it'll be 11:30pm in Sweden and the event will be almost finished.

I can only assume they wont cut live at 10:30 but they'll show the event from the start and the UK coverage will run for the full 3 hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 13 Apr 2012, 4:14 pm

You would hope so mandrake!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:23 pm

Brilliant card last night, just brilliant.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:11 pm

enjoyed the fights I saw on mma-core, glad Pickett got his first UFC win and the FON bonus again! He definitely likes to put on a show for people and I think he's won Dana's favour for that. I fear for Pepy Abedi, that's two losses in a row and he doesn't look to be a truly competitive fighter. Apparently he's a Judo black belt and BJJ purple belt but his grappling just looks poor and his stand up is even worse. I can see him losing 3 in a row and being shown the door. Fantastic win for Brian Stann, he looked amazing and I was glad to see him come back strong after his loss to Sonnen. Gustafsson looked very comfortable in the main event, his movement was very good.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Apr 2012, 4:56 pm

Likewise I really enjoyed the card, watched 6 or 7 fights & all were good with a couple of good ko's especially the Holland based Afghan. Stann looked very impressive & determined! Good win for him after the Sonnen loss, he just seemed a little out of his depth in that fight. Dunno anything about his opponent but a decent win whatever. I was impressed with Gustafsson, he made it look easy, good movement & quick. Could be a handful for anybody if he can keep it at distance. I hear he is being talked about a possibility for Jones if Jones wins his next 2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down