The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much longer can Warren milk the WBO belt????

+6
Nico the gman
Super D Boon
ONETWOFOREVER
aja424
Union Cane
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Go down

How much longer can Warren milk the WBO belt???? Empty How much longer can Warren milk the WBO belt????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 3:50 pm

See Groves is fighting for the World title..............

The "WBO" version......

How many more Warren fighters are going to receive the great news that they are either no 1 in the WBO rankings or are getting a voluntary shot...

To me it's getting completely depressing and silly...remember Lockett?????

How much longer will Warren get away with getting WBO belts for his fighters...and garbage opponents as opposition in WBO fights before people start smelling the coffee!!!

Have all the people who give a toss about this kind of stuff...already left the sport......????

Or will Warren run out of milk........instead..

Hope it's the latter!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

How much longer can Warren milk the WBO belt???? Empty Re: How much longer can Warren milk the WBO belt????

Post by Union Cane Thu 12 Apr 2012, 3:52 pm

Hope it's the latté...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

How much longer can Warren milk the WBO belt???? Empty Re: How much longer can Warren milk the WBO belt????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 3:53 pm

Didn't know you could speak French!!

I'm impressed

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 3:54 pm

Or Italian even...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:03 pm

To say any of the 'super 6' fighters may be classed as an opponent to the champion, should Groves win, is laughable and ridiculous.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:06 pm

TRUSS if you was in the same position as Groves you would not complain. What else is out there for Groves that will make him money and garner some much needed publicity?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:09 pm

The WBO is no worse than the others now. What about the WBA regular belt?? I have a belt that's better than that, it is also black and when I had a lot of free time I used a sharp compass and carved the words "world light heavyweight champion" on it and stapled a picture of a pair of boxing gloves on one side and Muhammed Ali's face on the other.

I am the world light heavyweight champion. Autographs later.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:09 pm

I'll ignore the wally....."Maybe"

I wouldn't complain ONETWO....but I'm not and I can remain objective about it..

For me Warren has cheapened world titles.....and has made some great performances blend in with the mediocre....by diluting world belts....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:12 pm

I'm not interested in the WBA...I'm suggesting the fact that every tom, dick and harry over here If they are a warren fighter gets the chance to fight for the WBO belt...

It stinks and it cheapens accomplishments.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:13 pm

Warren seems to get these WBO title fights pretty easily for his fighters.
No title eliminator needed.

The question I would ask TRUSS, is not so much Warren running out of milk,but who is he actually giving the cream to.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:14 pm

Its always been that way - King and WBC etc etc, but now the fighters arent as good on the whole so it sticks out

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:20 pm

I know Shah but when you're from a Country that had.... I don't know about six world champs in the whole of the 80's....discounting the WBO....

When you have huge amounts now and a lot of them winning the same WBO title with the same promoter!!!

Kind of makes the Sport look stupid.....

Lockett ranked no 1!!!! what a humiliation that was.....

All of the alphabet boys have a rap sheet.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:21 pm

What's the big deal anyway? Julio Cesear Chavez Jnr - the WBC champion! Enough said.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:25 pm

Well if you are happy to have all WBO champions and have a promoter pull the wool over your eyes that it's bonafide world status!!!!then that's fine..

You're more than welcome to have an opinion.....Mate Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:27 pm

No there are world champions and WORLD CHAMPIONS these days. No wool over my eyes. That's the way of things. Nathan Cleverly is a world champion in font size 8. I'm not that silly, just realistic.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:28 pm

You're certainly realistic by the sound of it!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:38 pm

Warren is solely to blame for this WBO garbage,its a great way to avoid the divisions best and get a belt, if Groves does win the thing Warren will do everything in his power to make sure Groves avoids the best ,much the same way his done with Cleverly.

You can't come out with the Groves inexperience BS either, if your champion you supposedly fight the best or don't step up to the plate.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:41 pm

Great post.........

Now he has Boxnation don't expect his few quality assets to be risked !!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:49 pm

Look why the blame on Warren!

He's as bad as say:

King (eg. now protecting the ludicrously overrated and highly protected Tavoris Cloud)

Sauerland (the biggest crook boxing has seen and his paper champs make ours look like world beaters)

The Japs and their paper champs never leaving Japan.

JCC Junior!!

No fair to pin all the blame on Warren and the WBO!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:53 pm

Read the article's title................

Where have I said warren is to blame for everything in Boxing????

Stop taking things out of context like you have on my perspective thread!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 12 Apr 2012, 5:02 pm

Sorry but I'm considering your previous form rather than just the content of the thread. You always slate the WBO/Warren but never make reasoned criticisms of the other belts/crooks.

One step ahead of ya! Cool

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 12 Apr 2012, 5:15 pm

The WBO's list of champions isn't actually bad. Only a few joke champs from light middle to light heavy.

Wlad
Huck
Cleverly
Stieglitz
Pirog
Baysangurov
Manny
Bradley
Burns
Broner
Salido
Donaire
Arce
Navarez
Viloria
Nietes
Fuentes

I agree Warren has far to much sway over them but their list of belt holders is no worse than the other organisations and Warrens influence over them is no worse than the favourable treatment the WBC give some fighters.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 12 Apr 2012, 5:19 pm

The difference is that the majority of the quality fighters above will seek out the best in the division to fight,Warren will make sure WBO champs under his charge dont.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 5:28 pm

Notice that the two Brits in that list are Warren and WBO champs..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 12 Apr 2012, 7:46 pm

The WBO is a tough one, the belt has been held by some great fighters. Its what Warren does when his fighters win the belt that's the problem. I'm not looking Forward to Ricky Burns next opponent unless it's Kevin Mitchell.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 12 Apr 2012, 7:59 pm

Its the business of boxing which is unfortunate. Call yourself a world champ you have to fight the best. But it seems that if the boxer is with the right promoter, he gets several gimmes to fatten thei r respective banks before they get anywhere near a legit challenge.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down