The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exeter Chiefs vs Worcester Warriors

4 posters

Go down

Exeter Chiefs vs Worcester Warriors Empty Exeter Chiefs vs Worcester Warriors

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:29 pm

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE WORCESTER WARRIORS

15 Luke Arscott
14 Gonzalo Camacho
13 Bryan Rennie
12 Phil Dollman
11 Matt Jess
10 Ignacio Mieres
9 Haydn Thomas
1 Ben Moon
2 Chris Whitehead
3 Hoani Tui
4 Tom Hayes (capt)
5 James Hanks
6 Tom Johnson
7 James Scaysbrook
8 Richard Baxter

16 Neil Clark
17 Brett Sturgess
18 Chris Budgen
19 Aly Muldowney
20 Ben White
21 Kevin Barrett
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Sireli Naqelevuki

Good strong side, with just a couple of changes from the squad that faced Stade Francais - Luke 'Skywalker' Arscott makes a welcome return at fullback having recovered from injury, while Jason Shoemark gets extra time to recover from some knocks, so Phil Dollman moves to the inside centre position. In the pack, Craig Mitchell's shoulder injury hasn't recovered fully, so Hoani Tui returns to his more accustomed tight head berth, with young Ben Moon stepping off the bench to fill the loosehead slot. The bench sees a welcome return for Brett Sturgess from injury, having originally thought he would be out for the season. Sireli Naqelevuki remains a game-changing option on the bench.

This is a key fixture for the Chiefs - if we want to have any role in the playoffs then this is a must win, and 4 points from this fixture would secure Heino rugby at Sandy Park next season. Wuss on the other hand will be keen to show that they can emulate the Chiefs from last season with another notable home scalp.

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Exeter Chiefs vs Worcester Warriors Empty Re: Exeter Chiefs vs Worcester Warriors

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 13 Apr 2012, 12:39 pm

Wuss:

15 Chris Pennell
14 Marcel Garvey
13 Alex Grove
12 Dale Rasmussen
11 Miles Benjamin
10 Andy Goode
9 Shaun Perry (c)

1 Matt Mullan
2 Aleki Lutui
3 Tevita Taumoepeau
4 James Percival
5 Craig Gillies
6 Neil Best
7 Matt Kvesic
8 Blair Cowan

Replacements:
16 Ed Shervington
17 George Porter
18 Bruce Douglas
19 Ben Gulliver
20 Kai Horstmann
21 Jonny Arr
22 Danny Gray
23 Ravai Fatiaki

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Exeter Chiefs vs Worcester Warriors Empty Re: Exeter Chiefs vs Worcester Warriors

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:01 pm

Yahoo Chief Shocked Chief Very Happy

Heiney, here we come Yikes

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:16 pm

How late was that comeback?

Well done Chiefs - win next week and you are in the Play-offs.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 17 Apr 2012, 8:14 pm

Having just watched the game again, I have to say that Luke Arscott's opening try for Exe was a thing of beauty - leapt to catch the cross-field kick, caught it and touched down while still in the air, before being bundled over the dead ball line. Surprised that we haven't heard anything re a citing for Camacho - looked worse/potentially more dangerous than Afoa's, and it wouldn't have surprised me to see him get 5-8 weeks for a poor tackle. Amazing comeback - it's about time teams learned that Exe just never stop playing Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 18 Apr 2012, 9:04 am

I read one match report that suggested Exeter only went for that last try because Steenson missed what they described as a simple conversion. So with scores tied Exeter would have kicked to touch and accepted 2pts.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:31 am

LondonTiger wrote:I read one match report that suggested Exeter only went for that last try because Steenson missed what they described as a simple conversion. So with scores tied Exeter would have kicked to touch and accepted 2pts.
Tis true, LT, there were only 7 secs on the clock when Wuss restarted after the 3rd try - they must have been kicking themselves

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:04 pm

I'd thrown my phone away at that point. Was following on twitter. I was ranting at the cats when my Wife informed me we'd actually won. The cats still aren't talking to me...

On the Arscott try, i couldn't help but notice how tight the Wuss in goal area is! Positively League in proportions!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:27 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:I'd thrown my phone away at that point. Was following on twitter. I was ranting at the cats when my Wife informed me we'd actually won. The cats still aren't talking to me...

On the Arscott try, i couldn't help but notice how tight the Wuss in goal area is! Positively League in proportions!
CD, I spotted that, with a good couple of three metres before the barriers - deliberate tactic?

Chief

PS Are Wuss the only unrepresented club on here in terms of fans?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down