The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Eubank JR

+5
OasisBFC
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Seanusarrilius
milkyboy
No1Jonesy
9 posters

Go down

Chris Eubank JR Empty Chris Eubank JR

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 16 Apr - 10:44

Morning all

Not seen an article on Eubank JR's fight on Sat so thought I'd rustle one up.

I for one am growing to like the young lad and the challenges he's putting himself through. We all know when a prospect starts out he's put in with guys with losing records to make them look good with little chance of losing an the hope they may pick things up along the way as opponents get better around the 12th fight in but Eubank JR seems to be going against this grain

His opponent was also unbeatenwith 5 wins and a draw and definately came to win. He provided a stern test which Eubank JR would definately have learned a lot from - especially on his defence and wide swinging punches. What really impressed though was the way he turned up the pressure to induce the stoppage which was an extremely accurate set of punishing punches.

My only issue right now is the way Eubank Senior keeps trying to muscle in during the 1 minute rest. As great as Eubank was and invaluable his advice may be it is not the time nor his place for doing it and think this should stop.

What was your thoughts on his performance and dad situation?

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Chris Eubank JR Empty Re: Chris Eubank JR

Post by milkyboy Mon 16 Apr - 12:37

i'm fence sitting in eubank junior. Clearly has ability, didn't think his punches were as fast as the channel 5 commentary team seemed to, though he put combinations together nicely, and certainly finished the job well. He was however, way too easy to hit, and we'd need to see a few more fights against fair opposition to see whether he packs a dig or not. Despite the stoppage, it didn't really look like it on saturday, but his oppnent may have a had a great chin.

I'll watch his career with interest, but he's in the raw talent category, but with time to learn. His dad had a great chin and plenty of heart. If he has those he could far.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 16 Apr - 14:14

Very good skills for a 3 fight amateur. LEaky defence but it's early for him and quick hands. What i like most was that he varies his punches. That impressed me

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 16 Apr - 14:48

another thing is he raises his chin when he punches

With Ryder and Saunders also coming up could be some good grudge matches

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 16 Apr - 16:16

he's clearly has the sparring experience, he's been in with some top fighters apparently.

and here he on the pads with Floyd Sr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Q6BCpImTI

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Apr - 16:57

Seanusarrilius wrote:Very good skills for a 3 fight amateur. LEaky defence but it's early for him and quick hands. What i like most was that he varies his punches. That impressed me

Totally agree, has greater punch variety than any novice fighter I've seen in recent years. Doesn't appear to have one punch ko power but (as Khan and others can testify) accumulation-punch ko's still do the trick plus I get the feeling his power will improve over time as his technique is honed. Certainly knows how to go in for the kill as we saw on Saturday and has good accuracy to accompany his speed.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Mon 16 Apr - 17:22

Agree with most, doesn't have the one punch power, but his skills going forward seem to more than make up for that. Hopefully if he's in with the likes of Floyd Sr. he can improve his defence. Allison? (can't quite remember) seemed a good fighter, but it's tough for a 5 fight man to deal with the kind of variety Eubank has.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 17 Apr - 10:49

heres the stoppage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI3pVNNmIOc

not a KO but Allison was out on his feet. check the end with eubank looking into the camera, not even out of breath. brilliant.

he looked twice the size of Allison though.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 17 Apr - 18:34

Yeah Allison looked heavily outweighed but was game. Can't let a fight continue when a fighters trapped on the ropes and his head starts rolling back like that. It can be said that fighters are still young and the power will develop naturally but Eubanks still will never make him a big puncher, think most of his stoppages wins will be TKO's. He's a big talent though and if managed right can go all the way. He may find himself in trouble though as he starts to step up given he looks like he's not hitting that hard at the moment, i'm sure he'll tighten up his defense once he respects his opponents power a bit more.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 18 Apr - 17:46

I wonder if it was him who broke Georges nose Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Thu 19 Apr - 8:27

Did not see this thread and posted this on another thread.

Also going
slightly off the point but as he was mentioned in an earlier post on
this thread, was anyone else as impressed with Eubank Jr as I was
astonished at his arsenal of punches for a 3 fight novice. His
combinations, punch picking and a good jab to head and body was
impressive. Yes he got caught a few times and needs to work on pacing
himself a little better but a lot of raw talent to work with.Chris Eubank JR Empty

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down