The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pointless

+19
spencerclarke
Dave.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Dr Gregory House MD
Corporalhumblebucket
Mind the windows Tino.
guildfordbat
VDT
JuliusHMarx
hornbloweroafc
Lumbering_Jack
The Womble
Rowley
Thomond
Josiah Maiestas
JDizzle
Gregers
Good Golly I'm Olly
Liam
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pointless - Page 2 Empty Pointless

Post by Liam Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anyone else watch this program. Alexander Armstrong presents with his pointless friend Richard Laugh

I think its great, we had Family fortunes in the 90's and for me we have Pointless for this decade. I think its great, really tests your general knowledge and the relationship between Armstrong and Richard is great, some real funny moments. My favourite program on tv atm, anyone else watch it?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Pointless - Page 2 Empty Re: Pointless

Post by compelling and rich Thu 19 Dec 2013, 1:48 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:Have any of you had three right answers in a final? I have done it once and nearly did it another time but disregarded an answer that turned out to be pointless.

Yep - football world cup winning captains.  Fritz Walter, Daniel Passarella, and Fabio Cannavarro were all pointless.  

i got 2/3 on that one being same as you on cannavarro and passarella. think thats the best ive done. did surprise myself by getting a pointless answer on phil pullman books, should have got extra points in the culture cup for that

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Dec 2013, 1:48 pm

an "All Time High" for you, jeff.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Dec 2013, 1:51 pm

Very good super, someone picked Sheffield the other week, one of the options was Pulp top 40 singles, got two and dismissed Something Changed and tried for another category. Should have gone with my first instinct and could have had the holy grail of three correct.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 19 Dec 2013, 1:51 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Rowley wrote:Have any of you had three right answers in a final? I have done it once and nearly did it another time but disregarded an answer that turned out to be pointless.

Jeff - romped home on a final question some time back about West Indies cricket captains but that's really a comment on my sadness rather than the programme.

also got 2/3 for that i think, bravo, sarwin and jimmy adams were my 3 if i remember correctly

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 19 Dec 2013, 1:52 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

Jeff - romped home on a final question some time back about West Indies cricket captains but that's really a comment on my sadness rather than the programme.

also got 2/3 for that i think, bravo, sarwin and jimmy adams were my 3 if i remember correctly

Sounds good, Compelling. I remember also naming Kanhai and being surprised he was pointless.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Dec 2013, 2:00 pm

You are sometimes better with the more obscure topics as folk know so little about them. Remember someone picked crime fiction and one of the choices as James Ellroy books. I said American Tabloid as it is about the only one I know and it was pointless, I thought it was one of his better known books.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Dec 2013, 2:13 pm

Rowley wrote:You are sometimes better with the more obscure topics as folk know so little about them. Remember someone picked crime fiction and one of the choices as James Ellroy books. I said American Tabloid as it is about the only one I know and it was pointless, I thought it was one of his better known books.

Wish I'd seen that episode. Fairly sure I could have got all 3 (assuming there was 3 pointless answers). Have read all of his stuff.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 19 Dec 2013, 2:19 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

There was one with foreign born English cricketers which I got three pointless ones on. Fairly sure you would've too Guildford  Hug 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 19 Dec 2013, 2:58 pm

Olly wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

There was one with foreign born English cricketers which I got three pointless ones on. Fairly sure you would've too Guildford  Hug 

Bu**er - I missed that one! Mrs Bat had probably taken control of the remote for Strictly Come Dancing - the Prequel or something equally ghastly.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Dec 2013, 3:02 pm

Guildford, as you know I like you but don't start on Strictly. I can and will turn nasty.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 19 Dec 2013, 3:16 pm

Is it like family fortunes in the way that someone in the public must have mentioned it (out of 150?)? There are quite a few foreign born English cricketers otherwise. I would have gone for Chris Smith.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 19 Dec 2013, 3:24 pm

Rowley wrote:Guildford, as you know I like you but don't start on Strictly. I can and will turn nasty.

Sorry, Jeff. I'm just a bit Strictly punch drunk at the moment as Mrs Bat and Bat Girl 1 excitedly count down for the final.

My mood wasn't helped either recently by the Daly girl blurting out that Abbey Clancy's beanpole striker hubby had scored for Stoke in their win that day over Chelsea. I'm one of those sad gits who prefers to watch MOTD without knowing the scores.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 19 Dec 2013, 5:15 pm

I'm with you jeff, go for a subject thats a bit random. A little knowledge goes a long way.

For last night I said rudman, coomber and williams. First two were pointless.

Geography is an easy subject too. More times than not I can pull an answer out.

No chance on turner prize type questions. Always throw out tracy emins, hockney and Damien Hurst

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 19 Dec 2013, 5:20 pm

im rubbish at music, films for me are the hardest for pointless. im not bad on films but for actors/actresses it always seems only real obscure ones ive never heard of are pointless.

they love a bit of the periodic tables of elements on pointless too

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 19 Dec 2013, 5:30 pm

Always avoid films. Too broad a subject and its very rare someone wins on them. Similar with music. Politics although it sounds like ot would be hard is usually ok. Very few of the hundred ever know anything

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 19 Dec 2013, 5:35 pm

some idiots on here today

country with Y - Yugoslavia!! only few decades out

and anne berlin the famous bond girl!!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 19 Dec 2013, 5:39 pm

spencerclarke wrote:Always avoid films. Too broad a subject and its very rare someone wins on them. Similar with music. Politics although it sounds like ot would be hard is usually ok. Very few of the hundred ever know anything

im terrible on politics, normally just throw marquess of salisbury in there and it actually worked on on round!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 19 Dec 2013, 10:41 pm

I missed tonights as I was out for a meal. What was the final round?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 19 Dec 2013, 10:48 pm

spencerclarke wrote:I missed tonights as I was out for a meal. What was the final round?

Bbc local radio stations

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 19 Dec 2013, 11:12 pm

Tees, norwich and chorley?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 19 Dec 2013, 11:57 pm

spencerclarke wrote:Tees,  norwich and chorley?

none of them were pointless from what i remember, the islands were all low skye, jersey and Guernsey were all pointless, randomly Gloucestershire was as well

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 20 Dec 2013, 12:00 am

We're radeww Naaarfolk out 'ere buh

I think Shropshire was pointless as well
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 20 Dec 2013, 12:03 am

No chance there then! Not sure I would have gone near the topic though. Works xmas do tomorrow so can someone post the final topic tomorrow and ill have a go Saturday hungover.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Dec 2013, 10:13 am

Olly wrote:

I think Shropshire was pointless as well

In the final or is that just a general observation?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 20 Dec 2013, 1:52 pm

Shropshire was indeed Pointless (I got it, admittedly because I live there), but Pointless in real life? No chance. It's the largest inland county don't you know?

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Dec 2013, 4:15 pm

Didn't know and don't care, as every sensible person knows all other counties are just suburbs of Yorkshire.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 20 Dec 2013, 4:57 pm

Rowley wrote:Didn't know and don't care, as every sensible person knows all other counties are just suburbs of Yorkshire.

the boundaries where i live are pretty murky between greater Manchester and Lancashire, but to a Yorkshire man im Lancashire through and through so i take great displeasure in that statement Geoffrey Joseph Rowley Junior!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 20 Dec 2013, 5:00 pm

Pointless Fans - Please read this link! Thanx!
https://www.606v2.com/t50570-that-s-zlatan
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Dec 2013, 7:29 pm

Have occasionally watched the show and saw the "celebrity" edition a while back. Delighted to say that I would have won something (not sure what) with the answer "Chorlton and the Wheelies" As my wife is ten years younger than me she didn't have a clue what I was talking about (pretty like every other day)

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:00 pm

new record tonight, got at least 7 pointless answers in the final round. it was pretty easy though

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2