The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jimmy Cowan agrees to join Gloucester

5 posters

Go down

Jimmy Cowan agrees to join Gloucester Empty Jimmy Cowan agrees to join Gloucester

Post by EnglishReign Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:58 am

http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/news/8148.php

Hope he wasn't watching Saturday.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Cowan agrees to join Gloucester Empty Re: Jimmy Cowan agrees to join Gloucester

Post by George Carlin Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:17 am

A small part of Redpath must be gutted that he's not getting to coach him next season. But it's all right. He's got Cipriani.

Oh. Wait. Erm
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Cowan agrees to join Gloucester Empty Re: Jimmy Cowan agrees to join Gloucester

Post by HongKongCherry Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:45 am

I know some people don't rate him, but having a 50+ cap All Black will only benefit Glaws. He should hopefully provide the quick ball we've missed since Pete Richards. Dave Lewis has flattered at times, but unfrotunately I feel he isn't going to develop any further. We will miss Lawson's defence, but I'd trade that for quick ball!

He is another great signing for Glaws, I just hope there is some cash left in the pot to help strengthen the pack. Whilst Morgan, Kalamafoni and Edmonds are all excellent signings they are only replacing outgoing players. We really need another lock.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:50 am

HongKongCherry wrote:I know some people don't rate him, but having a 50+ cap All Black will only benefit Glaws. He should hopefully provide the quick ball we've missed since Pete Richards. Dave Lewis has flattered at times, but unfrotunately I feel he isn't going to develop any further. We will miss Lawson's defence, but I'd trade that for quick ball!

He is another great signing for Glaws, I just hope there is some cash left in the pot to help strengthen the pack. Whilst Morgan, Kalamafoni and Edmonds are all excellent signings they are only replacing outgoing players. We really need another lock.

Quick ball from Cowan? He's a good player but he's a Mike Phillips/Justin Marshall type halfback rather than a fast passing one.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:57 am

When I said quick ball, I meant getting it away from the base quickly, so passing or breaking is fine with me! Lawson just waits and waves his hands around and never, ever makes a break. So all in all Cowan should be giving us quicker ball.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:58 am

HongKongCherry wrote:When I said quick ball, I meant getting it away from the base quickly, so passing or breaking is fine with me! Lawson just waits and waves his hands around and never, ever makes a break. So all in all Cowan should be giving us quicker ball.

Point taken. He's stuck behind Aaron Smith on the Highlanders bench at the moment, hopefully a change of scenery will do some good.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:48 pm

His form hasn't been the best in the last year, so there is an element of risk, but quality 9s are few and far between at the moment so I am happy we're taking this risk. From what I've seen of him he seems to be a good wet weather player, so Gloucester should suit him to a tee!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Good news for NZ and apologies to Gloucester. Maybe the wetter grounds will suit his combative style of play more. But he has dipped horribly in form ever since the World Cup and was a poor man´s Marshall even in his prime. We really do suck at producing halfbacks. I´m hoping Perenara will come good for us.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down