The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What makes a Topic get a response without wuming (a poor topic writer)

+7
aucklandlaurie
GunsGerms
Intotouch
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Biltong
KickAndChase
Brendan
11 posters

Go down

What makes a Topic get a response without wuming (a poor topic writer) Empty What makes a Topic get a response without wuming (a poor topic writer)

Post by Brendan Thu 19 Apr 2012, 5:40 pm

Some topics seems to do well as they end up into a wum
It is a game thread
It si by a well known poster
It morfs into something else
The starting post is two long or about something other then the three big leagues

I would like feed back

I am suprised how good some do and how others are good but poorly answered

Brendan

Back to top Go down

What makes a Topic get a response without wuming (a poor topic writer) Empty Re: What makes a Topic get a response without wuming (a poor topic writer)

Post by KickAndChase Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:20 pm

OP such a wum

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

What makes a Topic get a response without wuming (a poor topic writer) Empty Re: What makes a Topic get a response without wuming (a poor topic writer)

Post by Biltong Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:37 pm

There is no success formula Brendan, some topics just generate more interest than others, and others tend to hit too close to the bone and someoe reacts in an unsavoury manner.

Then you get some that attracts both.

Its hit and miss and also dependant on what is current.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:18 pm

Brendan, you're a breath of fresh air on here, contribute to everything and post your own stuff - I salute you, sir, even if I don't always understand what you've written! Wink

Sadly there are others on here, and it's the same ones every time (ref!), that only post to antagonise, wind up or simply can't take perceived criticism of their own team (club/region/province/district/nation) - the mods know who they are tho.

Fortunately most of us post for our own enjoyment, recognise that we might be slightly visually challenged on matters close to our heart, but otherwise have a good time. OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:21 pm

Something that helps is if you comment regularly on the thread yourself. Ignore the wum (or wummers) and comment on something that someone left as a serious comment on the topic. This has worked for me. It's like steering the conversation back in the direction that you want it to go.

You can also simply ask people to get back to your point or answer your question if they've gone completely off topic.

Hope this helps.

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:57 pm

There will be some that will stray off topic just for a wee while, merely for entertainment purposes and a bit of humour, I tend to do it from time to time, but just for fun.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:35 pm

Rhubarb

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:38 pm

It's sour.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:45 pm

I did wonder when I first came on if it was because I'm new but some go and some don't.

I followed the site for ages so I knew who was real and who was just a my dad is bigger then your dad stuff

Think the topic is done anyway

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:49 pm

If you want a big response write an article about:

Ronan OGara,
Gavin Henson,
Jonny Sexton,
Richie McCaw poaching,
Leinster v Munster,
Ospreys v Leicester,
England v Wales/Ire/Aus,
Bloodgate,
Tana Umaga v Brian ODriscoll,
a citing incident,
Burger v Fitz's eye,
Justice for Bakkies,
Lions probables (as far out from the tour as possible)
SH v NH

Basically anything contentious that divides opinion, be honest, don't hold back, try not to insult.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:54 pm

I once put in about a day of research reviewing in depth the best rugby pod casts in the world on the old 606. The article took me all day and used up the maximum amount of words. I got something like three responses. It wasn't a terrible article but I guess most people want to use forums to debate rather than read long winded articles.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

Leinster you forgot Bryce Lawrence.

Ah, no sorry that's only me responding.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:02 pm

Everyone has their favourite ref to give out about. Irish dislike Kaplan, Munster Poite, Kiwis Barnes, SA Lawerence, France Joubert, Wales Rolland etc.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:07 pm

It does get at me when you want to build up a postive post and want a good debate but it ends up as a fight

I remember reading a topic on some match and it was about 10 pages of i'm right, no i'm right

I also wonder if I should start it as this is why the Rabo is better or wales is a rubbish team and then slowly get the point across

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:17 pm

I get the feeling someone or something upset you today Brendan?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:24 pm

Never understood why people get so worked up about people bickering or getting side tracked. Just ignore the posts that don't interest you and respond to or enter a debate with the ones that do.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:28 pm

Leinsterbaby
You forgot the Haka.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:30 pm

Oh yeah that's a good one. Up there with Henson.

Anyone know of you can change your user name on this site?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:32 pm

I like articles that are informative and well researched yet have a little bit of an edge to it so posters can have some banter before the same old Wums spoil it.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:34 pm

the good old Haka

Bill no nothing upset me it is just when you look at some of the rubbish or when topics get hijacked.

I guess its been so long since I was on a board that I forgot that thats how it is.

Look at you Irish 1 and 2 topic and it ends with leinster are great

I just wish there were more discusion then debate or bashing maybe i'm just getting use to it again

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:37 pm

In fairness Leinster are great.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:46 pm

They are in the top two in Europe for sure

but remember they play in the Rabo and only play their top players in the HC and aren't allowed out of their house after dark incase they get hurt

If only Munster could do that maybe we'd have and home rabo semi and home HC semi

The one thing that sets Leinster apart from Munster is that your second team is really good where as Munster wasn't and that is why we have dropped off.

All i can say is we always knew the irish had heart and could be stubborn to beat but leinster have shown we can run with the ball and not just after it

How dare Leinster make us think we can be really good shame on ye all

Whistle

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:50 pm

Writing an article can be a bit like having a girlfriend. If its a popular one there will be arguing involved, some of what will be said follows no logic and can be heated without warning. Bascially you should tune in when something interests you and zone out for the rest. Don't try to understand or control everything expressed in your article or you will end up ripping out your hair. That's what I do anyway.

Also secretly everyone enjoys winding people up from time to time.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 19 Apr 2012, 10:56 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:Also secretly everyone enjoys winding people up from time to time.

And the problem with the internet is that one comment can be take so many ways. For example, that comment was sensible. Although it could have been defnsive because you feel like your being blamed for being a wum. etc etc..

I think in the thing is that we are all generally passionate about our rugby, and the team/players/ref? we like, and as such can sometimes get over engaged in the arguements. Also as Leinsterbaby said sometimes it enjoyable to be a wind up, or just be plain dull.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 19 Apr 2012, 11:05 pm

wales v england

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 19 Apr 2012, 11:10 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:Also secretly everyone enjoys winding people up from time to time.

Shocked I never wind up people, never, ever.What makes a Topic get a response without wuming (a poor topic writer) Idunno10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Fri 20 Apr 2012, 2:05 am

not even a little secret - bl**dy obvious
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 20 Apr 2012, 8:55 am

biltongbek wrote:

Shocked I never wind up people, never, ever.What makes a Topic get a response without wuming (a poor topic writer) Idunno10

I'm the same, biltong, as you know angel

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 20 Apr 2012, 9:30 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

I'm the same, biltong, as you know angel

What makes a Topic get a response without wuming (a poor topic writer) Pot10 Of course you are ASBO.What makes a Topic get a response without wuming (a poor topic writer) Roflbl10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 20 Apr 2012, 10:20 am

You better not tell my wife that everyone winds everyone one shes convinced that we is the only one that has to put up with it

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Fri 20 Apr 2012, 11:20 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:I once put in about a day of research reviewing in depth the best rugby pod casts in the world on the old 606. The article took me all day and used up the maximum amount of words. I got something like three responses. It wasn't a terrible article but I guess most people want to use forums to debate rather than read long winded articles.

Leinsterbaby that sounds interesting. What do you think the top 5 are? (Sorry for going off topic)

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down