The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felt and looked like a prat

+4
Davie
Noshankingtonite
navyblueshorts
Doc
8 posters

Go down

Felt and looked like a prat Empty Felt and looked like a prat

Post by Doc Fri 01 Apr 2011, 1:50 pm

I've played the last 2 weekends and played some solid stuff. Plenty of GIR, plenty of pars and the odd birdie thrown in and beating my h/c easily. Now the later sunsets are back with us, I managed to get a couple of 9-holes in this week, which is great.

Last night carried on in the same vane, very solid and not missing fairways but not scoring as well due to freshly tined/treated greens. very happy on the 8th tee after a stunning drive into a strong wind. Went up 2-clubs for the approach as the wind was strong, and creamed a 6-iron 20 yards left of the stick knowing the wind would work for me. The wind however decided to take me 20 yards right of the green, but no problem a nice bump and run was all that was required. Scuffed it and scuffed it again and made a double. No worries and hit a great drive down the 9th par 5. Creamed a 3-wood which caught a trap, but now only 80-yards short of the green and right in front of a full clubhouse. failed to get out of the trap, scuffed the next just over the lip, shanked a wedge 30 yards right into a greenside bunker, hit it out of the bunker into another one, picked up and skullked off, knowing there was plenty of mirth through that big Bar Steward window mad

Doc

Back to top Go down

Felt and looked like a prat Empty Re: Felt and looked like a prat

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 01 Apr 2011, 2:06 pm

laughing

Don't you just hate it when you mess up in front of an audience? Hit a few howlers in my time for an audience; embarrassing!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri 01 Apr 2011, 3:43 pm

Doc:
I share your pain. There's nothing worse than when you're in the groove and all of a sudden, out of nowhere comes a complete shocker. The worst for me is that delicate lob which you skull like a rocket at waist height right through the green into the bushes with your playing partners either a) diving for cover or b) falling about laughing
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 01 Apr 2011, 3:48 pm

I did however see a guy once skull one of those delicate lobs, cross the green like an exocet but hit the flag and drop stone dead into the hole. It would have ended in the next county if it hadn't hit the stick.

My own worst embarrassment was on a crowded par-3 tee where I teed up about 6" from the right hand tee box and about 6" back. Yes you guessed it - hit one clean off the toe, 45 degrees into the tee box and rebounding about 30 yards behind me

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Fri 01 Apr 2011, 7:01 pm

many a drunken saturday was spent at the clubhouse window with the side bets going on the approaching groups. makes for good craic in the clubhouse when the members come through the door to rounds of applause for their duffed shot ! laughing

during a match between the two local clubs i was in the last game playing greensomes and my partner left me just short of the green side bunker with the pin cut tight....cheers for that....all the faces pressed up against the glass...making all sorts of faces...window lickin the lot....twice i had to step back from it...when i finally played it i duffed it...just cleared the lip and rolled out to 6 inches......never told a sole i duffed it !!!! till now !

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 01 Apr 2011, 10:13 pm

Rule #1 in golf.

Play the 1st and the 18th well, the other 16 holes don't matter! :run2:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun 03 Apr 2011, 10:04 pm

davie, i remember as a junior one of the younger lads turning up for a medal with a new driver and making a huge deal of showing it off to everyone and anyone. he stepped up on the first tee, chest puffed right out. took 3 or 4 john daly super speed monster practice swings, the last of which accidentally caught the teed up ball which ricochet off the tee box on his right and landed on the roof of a car in the car park behind the tee setting off the alarm to boot and had about a dozen juniors rolling about the practice green in stitches. the look on his face was priceless.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:23 am

drive4show wrote:Rule #1 in golf.

Play the 1st and the 18th well, the other 16 holes don't matter! :run2:

I scored 23 points on Saturday with only two blobs - the 1st and the 18th. I only had one par and that was on a hole I don't get a shot on, meaning I managed no 3-pointers.

My game is regressing fast.

🤦

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:37 am

Merc I know how you feel. I played against my brother on Saturday in our usual tight encounters. which has bragging rights and banter throughout. I got whacked by 10-points, and he played some rubbish and don't know how he managed it.

3 times after great drives I produced a duffed approach. I missed a 2-footer for birdie and countless pars from within 5 foot. The little Bar Steward hardly hit a fairway and scrambled his way around to 39-points. he had putts which were a foot outside the cup that swung in, and he even overhit one putt that rattled the back of the hole and out, then rolled back in. Little Bar Steward took the urine all night.

Revenge will be sweet next weekend .... I hope mad

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down