The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your favourite rugby podcasts?

5 posters

Go down

What are your favourite rugby podcasts? Empty What are your favourite rugby podcasts?

Post by Intotouch Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:13 am

I listen to ruggamatrix regularly but that's the only one that I've come across that I really like. The interviews are always interesting, it covers rugby on both sides of the world and the indepth analysis is wonderful. The host has a nice sense of humour too. It's not the most frequent of podcast though so I'd like to find another, especially on the rabo and European rugby. Am I missing any gems out there?

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite rugby podcasts? Empty Re: What are your favourite rugby podcasts?

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:21 am

There's a London Rugby which I've listened to. It was pretty good (especially if you follow one of the London teams). They focus on the 4 premiership sides but cover a little of the other sides.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite rugby podcasts? Empty Re: What are your favourite rugby podcasts?

Post by gowales Sat 21 Apr 2012, 6:47 pm

Total rugby - I think it's made by the IRB so it keeps you up to date with international rugby news, ranging from interviews with Gareth Edwards to how rugby is developing in Russia, very well produced as well i might add. I think they have weekly/bi weekly episodes.

Green and Gold Rugby - Done by the guys from www.greenandgoldrugby.com, a website for Aussie rugby. Keeps my up to date on SH rugby, they sometimes have interview with Super rugby coaches like Jake White, Western Force guy? The hosts are pretty funny as well. The audio quality isn't as good as Total rugby or other more professional ones but it's decent.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to find any ones on European club rugby. The Principality Welsh Rugby Union Podcast is good if you're a welsh rugby fan.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Sat 21 Apr 2012, 7:34 pm

Thanks guys.

I have listened to total rugby before and it is good you're right. I wish I could figure out how to watch total rugby tv. I can't seem to get it from the site. Maybe I don't have the right software or something.

Green and Gold sounds good but it's rugby in Europe/ Ireland that really interests me. Surely there are podcasts in the UK or Ireland that would cover this?

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 21 Apr 2012, 7:58 pm

Let me know when you find some OK

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sun 22 Apr 2012, 4:36 pm

I listen to RuggaMatrix
Talking rugby - mainly Irish teams but they often have an English or Scottish panelist
BluesTalk TV - Leinster fan podcast
Rugby on off the ball - Irish radio podcast

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Wed 25 Apr 2012, 10:31 pm

Thanks Mickado. I'll check them out. I like the newstalk one, off the ball. I will try the others.

This is interesting. I wonder is there a hole in the market for rugby news focused on Europe? There have to be more people like me who are interested in the Top 14 or how rugby is going in the rest of Europe. Apart from the 6 nations countries it's like rugby doesn't exist in the rest of Europe if you were to pay attention only to the general media.

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 26 Apr 2012, 7:30 am

I think Ruggamatrix is the best in terms of global coverage, they talk about Pro12, Top14, Prem, Super15 and Heineken cup.

But you're right, there just aren't enough of them out there. I would listen to them every day if I could.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 26 Apr 2012, 1:29 pm

I like the Scottish Rugby Podcast from the BBC.

It's basically just a 30 minute rehash of the pre-match discussion from BBC Rugby Sportsound on Friday nights, but if you missed it because of work (me) or because you were at the game (everyone else, it seems), then it's a handy catchup.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down